J.B. Hunt

www.jbhunt.com

J.B. Hunt Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014
J.B. Hunt – US – “Corporate Office”

J.B. Hunt President, CEO, and Director John N. Roberts III

John N. Roberts III

Pros
  • Great Management Experience, Pay is Decent, Good Benefits(in 8 reviews)

• Learning experience and good work/life balance(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Needs to seriously consider the employees' work/life balance(in 15 reviews)

• Expected to Work Long hours and always on call(in 23 reviews)

Fleet Manager

Fleet Manager (Current Employee)

ProsRelaxed environment. Potential for growth if you are willing to relocate or work in their corporate office in AR.

ConsVery old fashioned culture. Long hours. Strict schedules.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up with modern times

Inexperienced drivers may want to avoid...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPay is right there, Decent benefits, Uniforms, Lots of safety training, Needless to say J.B. is all over the place, so, ability to transfer/ relocate

ConsEquip. is not always well maintained (good luck if your truck goes to the Joppa Md. garage) As with many large company's, very often one hand doesn't know what the other is doing. To corporate, you are just a number. PERIOD! Easily replaced. All incidents are recorded, no matter how small, which can be grounds for dismissal (with mild accumulations) or, make you an unfavorable prospect to another Co. Unless you pretty well know your way around in this biz. and a particular position would be VERY convenient for you, i would strongly think twice about working for them! As one of the instructors said during orientation, "gentlemen, this is a hard job to get & an easy job to lose" Also, if you are serious about working for them, talk to at least 3-4 drivers from the terminal where you would be driving out of, & as always, google J.B. Hunt driver reviews...

Advice to Senior ManagementLikely, this box doesn't have enough space.

very good company to work for.

Shop Foreman (Current Employee) San Bernardino, CA (US)

Prosvery fast pace environment. paid time off. vacation time.

Consstandard repair times doesn't seem fair. no room for mistakes.turn and burn .over worked.

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to what employees have to say .

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

JB Hunt Review

Fleet Manager (Current Employee) South Gate, CA (US)

ProsDefinitely a lot of opportunities for growth within the company especially in operations in transportation logistics and other departments within the company.

ConsTime-off policies differ with every department, since its a 24hour operation, time off is very strict. Work life balance is very poor. 50 hour work week mandatory

Pays the bills

Account Representative (Current Employee) Lowell, AR (US)

ProsLearning experience and good work/life balance

ConsMale dominated industry and not much advancement opportunities

Advice to Senior ManagementCareer planning and advancement support to employees

Account Manager

ProsHas a good vision of the future and its goals.

ConsThe work/life balance can take a tole on an individual, but this various on location, not for all locations.

Intermodal Driver

ProsThe convenience of never being no more than 4 hrs from home! No touch freight. New Trucks are a plus as there is nothing older than 3 yrs.

ConsYou're just a number! FLEET Managers are a dime a dozen here. Just when you think you have one trained, they switch them out and bring in fresh meet!

Advice to Senior ManagementBring up the pay, and more people will stay! Do something with the crappie benefits too!

Good Job, Long hours

Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsFair Compensation, Vacation, Full Benefits

ConsExpected to Work Long hours and always on call

Advice to Senior ManagementWork-life balance needs to be imporved

Glad I'm gone. Brokerage division

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are good people inside the company.

ConsHours vs. Pay do not equal up. 7 days on call and 12 hr days is the norm. The internal structure of leadership is a joke here. Each year we as a company made more money but the "bonus" pay to the employee side went down each year I worked at Hunt. There was never an answer as to why only the "well just work harder" idea.

I'm pretty sure this company had a flavor of the week wheel they would spin each Monday and spend the week complaining about whatever the wheel landed on..... This keeps them from having to have a thought of their own.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at the turnover. You can't treat people like indentured servants and expect them to keep caring that your bottom line is growing while their bottom line is getting worked off.

Take advice from the people that are doing the jobs instead of the talking heads who haven't been in the trenches for years and have no real clue of what the market is doing.

Or just keep doing what you are doing.... I don't know that J.B. would be very happy with where is company is now compared to the culture and environment he created way back when with those rice hulls.

It was awful working as CSR.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Lowell, AR (US)

ProsGood compensation. Work in groups. You have peak hours and some down time.

ConsTraining was short only observing. The person who trained was always judging others mistakes. It was an open where everyone works in cubicle. Trainer was pointing out how stupid some people were. She will discuss errors by others with co-workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's very unprofessional to talk about previous employers, so it's hearing co-workers drawing your name so openly.

Worked for J.B. Hunt? Contribute to the Community!