J.B. Hunt
www.jbhunt.com Lowell, AR 5000+ Employees

J.B. Hunt Reviews

Updated Apr 11, 2014
J.B. Hunt – US – “Corporate Office”

J.B. Hunt President, CEO, and Director John N. Roberts III

John N. Roberts III

Pros:
  • "Great Management Experience, Pay is Decent, Good Benefits"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Improvement in work life balance and work flow"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "Needs to seriously consider the employees' work/life balance"
    in 11 reviews
  • "Work long hours, Lots of Responsibility with little to no authority to control your operational area"
    in 19 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Fast paced, challenging career

Fleet Manager (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at J.B. Hunt full-time for less than a year

ProsWorking in doors so you are out of the element. Great job for someone fresh out of school.

ConsMust be able to multitask to the max. You are not only in charge of dispatching, but several other things like drivers log time, safety reviews, Error messages(canned 45s), and of course there payroll.

Advice to Senior Managementmonitor lunch breaks and personal time a little better. Nights and weekends need another person or 2 to help out.

You can make money, BUT it is NYC, and they are relentless in false claims against drivers to control them-always a job

Truck Driver (Former Employee)
Breinigsville, PA (US)

I worked at J.B. Hunt full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCan make money if you plan your day

Consfalse accusations regarding safety to jeopardize job. I was wrongly terminated for getting hurt on job.

Recruiting Intern

Recruiter Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at J.B. Hunt as an intern for less than a year

ProsGreat experience working as an intern with such a well-known company. Was shown real-life experience in a corporate environment and was depended on much more than just a regular intern.

ConsTime commitment was a lot with also being a full-time student. Some unprofessional was shown although most of it was cleared up.

JBHunt Experience / Employee Driven

Human Resources Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at J.B. Hunt full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThey are focused on making working with JBHunt the best experience of your life. For the first time I feel like I am part of a family when I go to work each day. I feel like I am making a difference in peoples lives and that I am helping people reach levels they themselves never thought they could. Great company to work, career driven and options for everyone no matter what season of life you are in.

ConsSo fare I have found no downsides, they have accomidated my needs and my families needs the entire 9 years I have been with them. I will one day retire from JB Hunt it is the last place I intend on ever working.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome of the Managers could use some help developing their customer service, but it is a work in progress which I feel is going in the right direction. They are off to a great start at genuinely making people feel like people and helping the people who are the heart of the company be the most important asset in the company.

Exciting and rewarding

Intern (Current Employee)

I have been working at J.B. Hunt part-time for less than a year

ProsFantastic company to work for. It is a Fortune 500 company but still feels small, which which is refreshing in the business world. Strong emphasis on safety culture and having fun at work (while still being productive). Management provides plenty of opportunities to expand your skill set and makes going to work fun. I haven't worked with anyone that I disliked. I couldn't have asked for a better company to intern for this year.

ConsIt's not always fun working with drivers... but not every job is perfect. There can be some downtime or you can have a crazy hectic day. Unpredictable (but I kind of like it).

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep maintaining small company feel while expanding business.

loved working there, it was my favorite company

Truck Driver (Former Employee)
Portland, OR (US)

I worked at J.B. Hunt full-time for more than a year

Prosthe money was good, no complaints

Conscan't think of any right now

Advice to Senior Managementthey should've rehired me = [

Good

General Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at J.B. Hunt full-time for more than 5 years

ProsFlexibility, challenging, rewarding, able to use leadership skils

ConsTraining, career development, sometime long hours, nights and weekend

Great experience as Finance/Accounting Intern

Finance (Former Employee)

I worked at J.B. Hunt as an intern for less than a year

ProsThere is an overall friendly work environment. The company is strong in the industry and growing under good leadership. There is a casual atmosphere in the company.

ConsThe upper management is generally older and less innovative. Lowell, AR is also a very small town so most employees live in nearby towns and commute.

Lots of fake "positive posts" Carrier sales/Account Managemet

Account Manager/Carrier Sales (Former Employee)

I worked at J.B. Hunt full-time for more than a year

ProsA paycheck and even that is low compared to industry standards

ConsWe are encouraged to lie to customers, hellish work environment. Work long hours get paid pennies, try to scam you on PTO, benefits are a joke, management only cares about themselves and try to make it seem like they are there for you, but they are not. If something goes bad and is out of your control specifically and a carrier it is your fault no matter what. Even if you cover over 100 loads and 99 of them are perfect and 1 goes bad you still get in trouble. This type of work place is really not worth it, save yourself the headache and look else where. You will be stuck in the same position for a long time with no growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe a leader not a manager. Influence your employees and have their backs. DON'T BE SELFISH!

Challenging, but interesting and fun!

Account Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at J.B. Hunt full-time for more than a year

ProsFast paced promotions, strong culture of individual growth, freedom of movement within the company, and very good future prospects. Pay is decent.

ConsIf you are not a person that is self-driven, a very good planner, or possibly have difficulty working with people that have strong personalities; this job will be difficult for you as a manager.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlan movements according to capacity available or try to scale integration to meet capacity development histories. Going too fast can hurt business relationships.

Worked for J.B. Hunt? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J.B. Hunt reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for J.B. Hunt CEO John N. Roberts III. All 183 reviews are posted anonymously by J.B. Hunt employees.