J.B. Hunt
www.jbhunt.com Lowell, AR 5000+ Employees

J.B. Hunt Reviews

Updated Apr 18, 2014
J.B. Hunt – US – “Corporate Office”

J.B. Hunt President, CEO, and Director John N. Roberts III

John N. Roberts III

Pros:
  • "Great Management Experience, Pay is Decent, Good Benefits"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Improvement in work life balance and work flow"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "Needs to seriously consider the employees' work/life balance"
    in 11 reviews
  • "Work long hours, Lots of Responsibility with little to no authority to control your operational area"
    in 19 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

stressful.

I-5 Driver (Former Employee)
South Gate, CA (US)

I worked at J.B. Hunt full-time for less than a year

Prosexcellent equipment. maintenance of trucks excellent

Consno home time. hours away from home needs to be cut down.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore consideration for employees health. Hear what employees in the field are telling you about the conditions of customers and timely manners.

Good, depending on your department and region.(FMS only worth it depending on your account)

Account Manager (Former Employee)
Chantilly, VA (US)

I worked at J.B. Hunt full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood opportunity to advance (depending on which region you are in). Decent pay. Good bonus plan (if you bonus). Good management in NE region FMS, makes you feel like a part of a team. Professionalism is typical for trucking.

ConsNo manager bench, a lot of GOOD managers left and are replaced with incompetence. Lots of hours. Expect to work at least 12-14 hours per day. Constant criticism from upper management who has little to no operational experience.Training is non-existent. All upper management knows this, but never the less forces you to do tasks that you were never properly trained to do. Good Old Boy mentality. Upper management expects you to run an account and takes credit for the good but places all the blame on your shoulders if its bad. Also, little to no support if you stand up to a customer because the customer is trying to take advantage of you. SE region FMS does not make you feel like a part of a team. Ridiculous amounts of micro-management.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the promises you make, that is the only way your employees will trust you...
Also, do better to promote good behavior and address poor performance instead of removing responsibility from poor employees and giving it to the good performers. It will burn out your top performers!!!

Fast paced, challenging career

Fleet Manager (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at J.B. Hunt full-time for less than a year

ProsWorking in doors so you are out of the element. Great job for someone fresh out of school.

ConsMust be able to multitask to the max. You are not only in charge of dispatching, but several other things like drivers log time, safety reviews, Error messages(canned 45s), and of course there payroll.

Advice to Senior Managementmonitor lunch breaks and personal time a little better. Nights and weekends need another person or 2 to help out.

You can make money, BUT it is NYC, and they are relentless in false claims against drivers to control them-always a job

Truck Driver (Former Employee)
Breinigsville, PA (US)

I worked at J.B. Hunt full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCan make money if you plan your day

Consfalse accusations regarding safety to jeopardize job. I was wrongly terminated for getting hurt on job.

Recruiting Intern

Recruiter Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at J.B. Hunt as an intern for less than a year

ProsGreat experience working as an intern with such a well-known company. Was shown real-life experience in a corporate environment and was depended on much more than just a regular intern.

ConsTime commitment was a lot with also being a full-time student. Some unprofessional was shown although most of it was cleared up.

JBHunt Experience / Employee Driven

Human Resources Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at J.B. Hunt full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThey are focused on making working with JBHunt the best experience of your life. For the first time I feel like I am part of a family when I go to work each day. I feel like I am making a difference in peoples lives and that I am helping people reach levels they themselves never thought they could. Great company to work, career driven and options for everyone no matter what season of life you are in.

ConsSo fare I have found no downsides, they have accomidated my needs and my families needs the entire 9 years I have been with them. I will one day retire from JB Hunt it is the last place I intend on ever working.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome of the Managers could use some help developing their customer service, but it is a work in progress which I feel is going in the right direction. They are off to a great start at genuinely making people feel like people and helping the people who are the heart of the company be the most important asset in the company.

Exciting and rewarding

Intern (Current Employee)

I have been working at J.B. Hunt part-time for less than a year

ProsFantastic company to work for. It is a Fortune 500 company but still feels small, which which is refreshing in the business world. Strong emphasis on safety culture and having fun at work (while still being productive). Management provides plenty of opportunities to expand your skill set and makes going to work fun. I haven't worked with anyone that I disliked. I couldn't have asked for a better company to intern for this year.

ConsIt's not always fun working with drivers... but not every job is perfect. There can be some downtime or you can have a crazy hectic day. Unpredictable (but I kind of like it).

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep maintaining small company feel while expanding business.

loved working there, it was my favorite company

Truck Driver (Former Employee)
Portland, OR (US)

I worked at J.B. Hunt full-time for more than a year

Prosthe money was good, no complaints

Conscan't think of any right now

Advice to Senior Managementthey should've rehired me = [

Good

General Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at J.B. Hunt full-time for more than 5 years

ProsFlexibility, challenging, rewarding, able to use leadership skils

ConsTraining, career development, sometime long hours, nights and weekend

Great experience as Finance/Accounting Intern

Finance (Former Employee)

I worked at J.B. Hunt as an intern for less than a year

ProsThere is an overall friendly work environment. The company is strong in the industry and growing under good leadership. There is a casual atmosphere in the company.

ConsThe upper management is generally older and less innovative. Lowell, AR is also a very small town so most employees live in nearby towns and commute.

Worked for J.B. Hunt? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J.B. Hunt reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for J.B. Hunt CEO John N. Roberts III. All 185 reviews are posted anonymously by J.B. Hunt employees.