JELD-WEN Reviews

Updated 14 September 2014
2.5

JELD-WEN President & CEO Kirk Hachigian
Kirk Hachigian

Pros
  • Good benefits but you will work OFTEN (in 5 reviews)

• The people are great to work with (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no growth opportunity, no bonuses (in 3 reviews)

• Klamath Falls is a hard place to live for a city slicker like myself (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

"Good ole boys club"

Former Employee - Management  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Management in Charlotte, NC (US)

I worked at JELD-WEN full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Company is willing to relocate, good benefits, and has solid training programs on company products. Friendly environment at production facilities only.

Cons

"Little room for advancement, pay scale for women at corporate level is noticably lower than for men. Mediocre salaries compared to industry, only women in upper executive level positions have many years with company. Encourage employees to further education with promise of further advancement, nothing ever materializes. Management reductions come too often across company.

The new leadership no longer holds or promotes the company values and culture that was established by the Wendt Family. This has been detrimental to employee morale at every level within the company. The entire attitude of corporate appears to have changed, and ethics and values forgotten once corporate moved to Charlotte. Upper management is in CYA mode, and not moving the company forward as a lean organization.

Good opportunity for advancement

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Winnipeg, MB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

I have been working at JELD-WEN full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good job advancement opportunities for those that are willing to work hard without continuously complaining

Cons

Office management not being able to visualize the overwhelming work loads of some and spreading it out so employees are not burnt out

View overall employee work loads by dealer, account sales per year, # of salesman per account, dealer proximity to JELD-WEN plant to determine work load of employees. Better tools to deal with customer questions, quicker changes to company quoting and internal system.

Thrown to the wolves!

I worked at JELD-WEN

Pros

Good people. Sunday off

Cons

Revolving door of employees. 14 hour days 5 days a week

Start being proactive not reactive. If target numbers are set high, make sure all machinery is set up to handle it

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This company is a frustrating place to work

Current Employee - Bedder  in  Mount Vernon, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Bedder in Mount Vernon, OH (US)

I have been working at JELD-WEN full-time for more than a year

Pros

Its easy to obtain health benefits and that is about it.

Cons

There is not a single once of fairness within this company. They promote from within, but only if they're your buddies. New ideas aren't considered but they say that they are. This company will tell you one thing and do another.
    After being employed here for 2 years, they have only gotten my check correct twice, not exaggerating, twice.

You NEED to value your employees as they truly are your bottom line. You need to improve work conditions and quality of workmanship will improve. You need to cut down the we vs they mentalities in the plants and encourage shifts to work as teams together instead of opposing.

Good company with good benefits and fair pay.

Former Employee - General Manager  in  Lexington, NC (US)
    Former Employee - General Manager in Lexington, NC (US)

I worked at JELD-WEN full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great history of having good people to work with.

Cons

Bought out by a venture capitalist group changing the dynamics to a more win at any cost attitude. Lost commitment to tenured employees.

Remember the folks that brought this company to the top before the downturn in the industry.

Mechanical design of everything in a 1000 employee plant

Former Employee - Mechanical Designer  in  Towanda, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Mechanical Designer in Towanda, PA (US)

I worked at JELD-WEN full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

It was a great job. Talented people. Secure. Good pay and benefits. I had the ability there to contribute extensively in problem solving and improvements plant wide.

Cons

The con is we used to be Craftmaster Mfg. and we were purchased by Jeld-Wen. Jeld-Wen is home based in Klamath Falls Oregon. They terminated or drastically reduced the function and capacity of our engineering, HR, customer support and accounting departments. These functions were to be practiced at their corporate office. Jeld-Wen has many plants worldwide and all the plants are basically production and warehousing only. All admin and engineering functions are located in the corporate location.

Our upper management was great. We were a proud and top notch company with an outstanding reputation as Craftmaster. The management and technical people all worked as a team.

Brought me and my wife plus our belongings to start a new a new career in a new town, was blindsided, now unemployed

I worked at JELD-WEN full-time

Pros

Family orientated, if you play their game

Cons

Not the friendliest or supportive people I have ever worked with.

Would be nice if there was a program to understand how the process works and people who help you to understand. Very biased!

Much has changed

I have been working at JELD-WEN

Pros

Having a flexible schedule and good co-workers.

Cons

The compensation has been steadily declining.

Remember that we are people, not just a number.

Sad Place

Former Employee - Production Manager  in  Yakima, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Production Manager in Yakima, WA (US)

I worked at JELD-WEN full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There is no best thing about this place, its a managerial disaster, they allow you to get busted with drugs
    or alcohol in your system and "give" you a chance...

Cons

getting everybody to work together, on the same page , and to show up for work on time, or show up for work period

pull your heads out of your air holes and get off the internet and or smartphone and get involved in what the hell
    product you are making....you pay "incentive" to absolute morons to screw up windows i.e. wrong glass/no grid/no screen/
    wrong grid...the list is endless...but the pay these morons extra money to continue to do it...but if you get caught with
    drugs in your system...its ok....

Ok. I made a living. Management does not listen or get things done right.

Former Employee - Frame Builder, T-bar, Glazier  in  Bend, OR (US)
    Former Employee - Frame Builder, T-bar, Glazier in Bend, OR (US)

I worked at JELD-WEN full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

A more livable wage than other local companies. Some bonuses for long term employees.

Cons

Poor management. Management does not listen well to employees who see problems and have solutions. I had 9 supervisors come and go in 11 years, some were fired, some demoted, some forced to relocate.

Pay attention to the employees who actually work hard and listen to them. Give them some respect.

Worked for JELD-WEN? Contribute to the Community!