Jack in the Box

www.jackinthebox.com

Jack in the Box Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Leonard A. Comma

Pros
  • Also it is usually a fairly fast paced dynamic environment and can be a decent place for more high energy people to work (in 9 reviews)

• 80% of the workers are obese because of the free food (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management gives "lip service" they don't practice what they preach (in 11 reviews)

• constant attentiveness to customers and occasional rude customers (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Sadly, management has deteriorated in the last 3-5 yrs

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits, immediate co-workers, co-workers from other departments, perks

ConsManagement in department and as a whole

Advice to Senior ManagementAbide by office culture

Just another fast food job

Anonymous (Current Employee) Surprise, AZ (US)

ProsEmployees fun to be around. Great for learning time management. Discounts to eat here. You work in more then one area of the restaurant.

ConsShift leaders always blame crew members for everything that goes wrong. You are talked to like you are below them. The food is left to sit for hours. That's gross... Also the stores are not cleaned as I have found black mold in the soda machine. The customers get drinks from there, ewwww. You are forced to hold drive through cars for 2 minutes in order to get a better speed of service, yelled at if you don't. Also NO BREAKS!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementGive the hard workers recognition. Explain to shift leaders that if they treat crew members with respect they will do a better job.

It's a fast food job, so of course it'll be bad. Okay if your a teen, bad news otherwise.

Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) Santa Ana, CA (US)

ProsDiscount on some food and a great learning experience.
    Teaches you the basics of sales and customer service.

ConsThere are no benefits here!! Managers are full of themselves and tend to see employees as just cheap labor. They do not properly communicate with the rest of the employees. Chances of promotion are bleak and few ever get to see them. My schedule was weekly, so not very flexible, and would be called up to work on non-scheduled days frequently.
    One third of all customers were really a pain to deal with.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer a few more promotions to those who need it, it gives incentive to work harder for the company..

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My experience was alright they taught me how to work fast.

Crew Member (Former Employee) Escondido, CA (US)

ProsThe employees were nice, and friendly.

ConsThe rude customers, and having to work late at night because it was 24 hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagment should be more flexible with hours like they said they would .

First Job

Cashier (Former Employee) Ontario, CA (US)

ProsGood learning experience for time management, working with others,

ConsMinimum wage, poor treatment of workers

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize good workers when you have them.

rude co workers

Cashier (Former Employee) Santa Ana, CA (US)

Prosthey worked with your schedule, but if you want a lot of hours (30+) this is not the place to work. They cut everyone's hours the second year I was there to save money

Consas employees, we didn't work well together as a team which made work tough. the place in general was very dirty. the location was bad and attracted many rude customers.

Advice to Senior Managementwork on your customer service and make sure your employees work well together. happy employees equals happy customers and faster service!

Good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEmployees are fun to be around.

ConsI didn't find too many cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Wonderful experience!!

Team Member (Current Employee) Fontana, CA (US)

ProsWonderful coworkers. Easy to learn about what you need to do for the Dining Room and Drive Thru.

ConsLow pay. Unpredictable sales. Not always guaranteed 15 hours a week.

Cashier

Cashier (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsGood pay for a high school student, hands on customer service experience, fast pace

Conslong hours of standing on feet, rude customers, eager managers, look out for guest shoppers! ( they grade you and the store)

Advice to Senior ManagementUplift the employees under you! Encourage and reward their great work!

Good facility and efficient, despite 2 flailing GMs

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Olathe, KS (US)

ProsThe system they use has been well engineered. Stock is easy to access and keeping the food flowing takes only 4 people. The training they provide is more than thorough.

ConsSchedule changes for the week were done without employee knowledge or input. Had 2 GMs that both could not do a truck order. Two to three items would be out of stock for a week. Team leaders worked 40-60 hours on the line while the GMs came and went just to have someone in the office. Short numbers were scheduled to keep labor cost down.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow up! Learn about consistency and leadership so there can be a little solidarity in the crew. For goodness sake if you want to be an example or a leader at a fast food restaurant first learn how to make the food then work to do it fast. Do not play playground politics while expecting a mature crew to respect you.

Worked for Jack in the Box? Contribute to the Community!