Jenny Craig

Updated 12 December 2014
Updated 12 December 2014
2.2

Monty Sharma

Pros
  • Helping people to reach their goals is a wonderful experience (in 45 reviews)

• All employees receive a good opportunity to lose weight on the Jenny Craig program (in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • Training is poorly thought out and the upper management doesn't really seem to care (in 27 reviews)

• Our center director doesn't really motivate us just wants to be our friend more (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Felt this was my calling away to help other's. Finished up disappointed and sad

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Sydney

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Building relationships with the clients to help them with there weight loss journey . Seeing life's changing , working with a great team of consultants and made long life friends

Cons

Bad pay, Bad management, bullying and harassment by in house management, hours been cut no support from HR or UPPER MANAGEMENT, resulted in my resignation after working with jenny for a long time and loved my job and clients

Train your centre CL on how to treat staff , teach them not to single out some employees which is a act of discrimination, Teach them to train and support in team meetings . Bring back the CARE FACTOR

An ok job.

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Sydney

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I like helping people with their health goals. I like the 2-3 week training at the beginning. I like the teamwork. It's quite fulfilling and satisfying. i like that they can cover my shift quite easily if I need to take time off.

If i didn't like working with most of the people in my team, i wouldn't stay.

Cons

You are paid pretty much the minimum wage to consult to clients - and consulting can sometimes be emotionally demanding. You also have to consult, take the menu order and pack food for clients in less than 20 min each. When you have clients booked, one after each other, all day long, it can be exhausting, stressful and tiring. The commissions are so little, they are not worth the stress and minimum pay.

You will need a second job, a financially supportive partner or to live back with your parents if you want to make this your career - otherwise you can't support yourself on this salary!

Since the arrival of the new CEO/owners means that most Weight Loss consultants' hours have been cut in the name of productivity. They will surely, maybe sooner, find out that we will not be able to deliver the high level of service in the less time to service clients, creating stress and dissatisfaction for the both the consultant and the clients.

Pay the consultants more and you'll get more loyalty, focus and commitment back.

Never work in this job

Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Sydney
    Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Sydney

I worked at Jenny Craig part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Feels great to help clients

Cons

Bad management, poor hours, fallen promises, no career progression

Change the way how you deal with employees. Management in each centre need to learn how to appreciate their staff in order to increase productivity instead of subtlety bullying them into work. Also make set hours and stop changing them in accordance to how the business is running. Learn how to appreciate what good your employees are doing and stop focusing on the bad only. If you are so strict on them all the time than how about train them in the first place and not throw them in the deep water or make sure that people actually have certain qualifications before you hire them. Stop changing your business all the time in a negative way you are pissing off clients and breaking relationships and also have high staff turnover because noone wants to put up with insecure crap. Set your hours straight, stop changing policies so much, appreciate your employees and create actual career opportunities. Employees can't have a career with a job that changes so much within themselves and with their employees. I believe some Jenny Craig centres are run very well around the world but with the bad eggs out there it is creating a bad impression for the rest. So far more than 50% of comments about Jenny Craig all over the net are negative.

Great experience, but the windows of opportunity are closing.

Former Employee - Center Director in Austin, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Center Director in Austin, TX (US)

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working with the clients is a fantastic experience. Sales are very easy and there is not too much pressure. Very easy to work your way to Center Director if you are driven and want it. I was a Center Director within 8 months of starting.

Cons

Pay is horribly low. The company is not doing incredibly well, so the opportunity for further promotions has become almost non-existent. If you are a guy, it can be a challenging work environment.

Management is trying to make changes, but is it enough

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I love helping my clients and my co-workers are great. We get a discount on food and I have benefits. I think the new comp plan could be good but we have to see it.

Cons

Schedules are not regular and I have to work weekends. My manager is constantly stressed out. The training we have is remedial and does not help me. We barely see the market manager here and she really doesn't even know us or what is happening in our centre. It pays like a retail job (maybe a little higher if we make our bonuses).

Update and change the program so clients have a new reason to come to us. What worked 25 years ago needs to be freshened up in 2015! Get managers more training and get senior managers to be here more so they understand what we go throgh everyday.

Program Sales

I worked at Jenny Craig

Pros

Fast paced, awesome training, positive environment

Cons

Salary could be better, but over all good company

I loved my direct boss

Current Employee - Centre Director
    Current Employee - Centre Director

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Helping people is great and it was always challenging. The skills learned in the weight loss industry are transferable almost anywhere.

Cons

The pay was truly insulting. Way below the industry standard and I was a top performer who constantly met quota and fiscal goals. The more the company struggled the more we had to cut employee hours and increase our own for coverage purposes. In my last 6 months I was working 6 days a week and open to close for most of them. I like hard work but if you divided my salary by hours worked I'm pretty sure it came out to minimum wage. We even had to work on the 4th of July and other holidays. It was exhausting.

Practice employee engagement and don't just preach it.

Opportunity for Advancement

Former Employee - Client Service Coordinator in Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Former Employee - Client Service Coordinator in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There were plenty of opportunities for advancement. I began at the bottom as a service coordinator which essentially just stocked the dried goods, put in inventory and made calls to clients to remind them of their appointments and what not. They offered me an opportunity to do training to become a consultant within just a few months working but I was in school. Flexible hours, pay was competitive enough.

Cons

Budgets can be tight around holidays and downturns in the economy - first thing to go in peoples budget is their weight loss plan.

Keep rewarding the hard workers.

I like working for the company. They have great values and I'm always learning something valuable.

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Kent, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Kent, WA (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Moral of the company, I like what I do.

Cons

The scheduling could use some work

Graphic Designer

Current Employee - Designer in Carlsbad, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Designer in Carlsbad, CA (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig as a contractor

Pros

flexible work schedule, company store sells discounted Jenny food, diversity

Cons

the tools and technology are not as up to date as they could be. Need to use your own computer

update systems