Jenny Craig Reviews

Updated 30 October 2014
Updated 30 October 2014
2.2

Monty Sharma

Pros
  • Helping people to reach their goals is a wonderful experience (in 44 reviews)

• All employees receive a good opportunity to lose weight on the Jenny Craig program (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Training is poorly thought out and the upper management doesn't really seem to care (in 27 reviews)

• Very low pay for the job we did (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Felt this was my calling away to help other's. Finished up disappointed and sad

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Sydney

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Building relationships with the clients to help them with there weight loss journey . Seeing life's changing , working with a great team of consultants and made long life friends

Cons

Bad pay, Bad management, bullying and harassment by in house management, hours been cut no support from HR or UPPER MANAGEMENT, resulted in my resignation after working with jenny for a long time and loved my job and clients

Train your centre CL on how to treat staff , teach them not to single out some employees which is a act of discrimination, Teach them to train and support in team meetings . Bring back the CARE FACTOR

An ok job.

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Sydney

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I like helping people with their health goals. I like the 2-3 week training at the beginning. I like the teamwork. It's quite fulfilling and satisfying. i like that they can cover my shift quite easily if I need to take time off.

If i didn't like working with most of the people in my team, i wouldn't stay.

Cons

You are paid pretty much the minimum wage to consult to clients - and consulting can sometimes be emotionally demanding. You also have to consult, take the menu order and pack food for clients in less than 20 min each. When you have clients booked, one after each other, all day long, it can be exhausting, stressful and tiring. The commissions are so little, they are not worth the stress and minimum pay.

You will need a second job, a financially supportive partner or to live back with your parents if you want to make this your career - otherwise you can't support yourself on this salary!

Since the arrival of the new CEO/owners means that most Weight Loss consultants' hours have been cut in the name of productivity. They will surely, maybe sooner, find out that we will not be able to deliver the high level of service in the less time to service clients, creating stress and dissatisfaction for the both the consultant and the clients.

Pay the consultants more and you'll get more loyalty, focus and commitment back.

Never work in this job

Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Sydney
    Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Sydney

I worked at Jenny Craig part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Feels great to help clients

Cons

Bad management, poor hours, fallen promises, no career progression

Change the way how you deal with employees. Management in each centre need to learn how to appreciate their staff in order to increase productivity instead of subtlety bullying them into work. Also make set hours and stop changing them in accordance to how the business is running. Learn how to appreciate what good your employees are doing and stop focusing on the bad only. If you are so strict on them all the time than how about train them in the first place and not throw them in the deep water or make sure that people actually have certain qualifications before you hire them. Stop changing your business all the time in a negative way you are pissing off clients and breaking relationships and also have high staff turnover because noone wants to put up with insecure crap. Set your hours straight, stop changing policies so much, appreciate your employees and create actual career opportunities. Employees can't have a career with a job that changes so much within themselves and with their employees. I believe some Jenny Craig centres are run very well around the world but with the bad eggs out there it is creating a bad impression for the rest. So far more than 50% of comments about Jenny Craig all over the net are negative.

Opportunity for Advancement

Former Employee - Client Service Coordinator in Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Former Employee - Client Service Coordinator in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There were plenty of opportunities for advancement. I began at the bottom as a service coordinator which essentially just stocked the dried goods, put in inventory and made calls to clients to remind them of their appointments and what not. They offered me an opportunity to do training to become a consultant within just a few months working but I was in school. Flexible hours, pay was competitive enough.

Cons

Budgets can be tight around holidays and downturns in the economy - first thing to go in peoples budget is their weight loss plan.

Keep rewarding the hard workers.

I like working for the company. They have great values and I'm always learning something valuable.

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Kent, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Kent, WA (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Moral of the company, I like what I do.

Cons

The scheduling could use some work

Graphic Designer

Current Employee - Designer in Carlsbad, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Designer in Carlsbad, CA (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig as a contractor

Pros

flexible work schedule, company store sells discounted Jenny food, diversity

Cons

the tools and technology are not as up to date as they could be. Need to use your own computer

update systems

High expectations, weight loss baby sitter , more about the money than the client

I have been working at Jenny Craig

Pros

Helping those who take it lose weight and keep it off forever , fast paced environment and good pay

Cons

Everything is about numbers not the client you are pressured by other co workers , other centers, management and higher management if you can't control people. Being accountable to your clients meaning harass them if they do not come in and call them for 5 weeks leaving detailed mesgs every day . I feel like if you improve in one area , management finds another area to crap on you and you never get told good job for fixing the previous problem .

Tell someone someday that they are actually doing a good job not constantly criticize them about what they are doing wrong .

Great job because you get to really help change clients lives

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Central Valley, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Central Valley, CA (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Love helping clients feel better and get healthier. Its very rewarding

Cons

I shake my head as to the reasons behind why they hire some of the managers. In my opinion they aren't always the most qualified. I feel they are the most well liked but that doesn't make the best managers. Our center director doesn't really motivate us just wants to be our friend more.

Know what your center directors are doing in their centers. Sometimes its the staff who are really the driving force. Sincerely ask staff how their center director is doing. My cd is running a business on the side out of her office and boyfriend & family calls 3-4 times daily. We are selfmotivating that's the reason why our center is doing well. Not due to the cds input.

Fulfilling yet frustrating

Current Employee - Center Director in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Center Director in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig

Pros

It's fulfilling to help people get healthy but frustrating because of the disconnect of corporate leadership and the reality of what clients really need.

Cons

High fod prices that make it hard for clients to stay on plan. A corporate leadership team who don't seem to know how to turn the company around.

Listen to your field personnel and put into place some of the ideas they share. They are your frontline people who deal with clients and know their needs.

Ups and downs

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Helping people reach their goals

Cons

Constant change and confusion with offers and education

Let the field employees make the decisions on change.

Jenny Craig Photos