Jenny Craig

Updated 22 February 2015
Updated 22 February 2015
2.3

Monty Sharma

Pros
  • Helping people to reach their goals is a wonderful experience (in 45 reviews)

• All employees receive a good opportunity to lose weight on the Jenny Craig program (in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • Training is poorly thought out and the upper management doesn't really seem to care (in 27 reviews)

• Our center director doesn't really motivate us just wants to be our friend more (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Does not care about it's workers at all, all about making money.

I worked at Jenny Craig

Pros

You can really tell that everyone apart from management really care about the clients and want to help people lose weight.

Cons

To many changes in senior management, no training or career progression.

Treat your staff better and not like cattle, if you start doing that then the company might actually be successful.

Felt this was my calling away to help other's. Finished up disappointed and sad

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Sydney

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Building relationships with the clients to help them with there weight loss journey . Seeing life's changing , working with a great team of consultants and made long life friends

Cons

Bad pay, Bad management, bullying and harassment by in house management, hours been cut no support from HR or UPPER MANAGEMENT, resulted in my resignation after working with jenny for a long time and loved my job and clients

Train your centre CL on how to treat staff , teach them not to single out some employees which is a act of discrimination, Teach them to train and support in team meetings . Bring back the CARE FACTOR

An ok job.

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Sydney

I have been working at Jenny Craig part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I like helping people with their health goals. I like the 2-3 week training at the beginning. I like the teamwork. It's quite fulfilling and satisfying. i like that they can cover my shift quite easily if I need to take time off.

If i didn't like working with most of the people in my team, i wouldn't stay.

Cons

You are paid pretty much the minimum wage to consult to clients - and consulting can sometimes be emotionally demanding. You also have to consult, take the menu order and pack food for clients in less than 20 min each. When you have clients booked, one after each other, all day long, it can be exhausting, stressful and tiring. The commissions are so little, they are not worth the stress and minimum pay.

You will need a second job, a financially supportive partner or to live back with your parents if you want to make this your career - otherwise you can't support yourself on this salary!

Since the arrival of the new CEO/owners means that most Weight Loss consultants' hours have been cut in the name of productivity. They will surely, maybe sooner, find out that we will not be able to deliver the high level of service in the less time to service clients, creating stress and dissatisfaction for the both the consultant and the clients.

Pay the consultants more and you'll get more loyalty, focus and commitment back.

Never work in this job

Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Sydney
    Former Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Sydney

I worked at Jenny Craig part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Feels great to help clients

Cons

Bad management, poor hours, fallen promises, no career progression

Change the way how you deal with employees. Management in each centre need to learn how to appreciate their staff in order to increase productivity instead of subtlety bullying them into work. Also make set hours and stop changing them in accordance to how the business is running. Learn how to appreciate what good your employees are doing and stop focusing on the bad only. If you are so strict on them all the time than how about train them in the first place and not throw them in the deep water or make sure that people actually have certain qualifications before you hire them. Stop changing your business all the time in a negative way you are pissing off clients and breaking relationships and also have high staff turnover because noone wants to put up with insecure crap. Set your hours straight, stop changing policies so much, appreciate your employees and create actual career opportunities. Employees can't have a career with a job that changes so much within themselves and with their employees. I believe some Jenny Craig centres are run very well around the world but with the bad eggs out there it is creating a bad impression for the rest. So far more than 50% of comments about Jenny Craig all over the net are negative.

great company to work for

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant

I have been working at Jenny Craig

Pros

great opportunity, environment, and feel that you're really helping people

Cons

pay can be rough, but if full-time it helps obviously

Sold my soul to the devil!

Current Employee - Centre Director in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Centre Director in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Helping people change their lives is very rewarding.

Cons

No consistency,work long hrs as Center Director w no break, low pay, new structure worse for pay, not enough support for finding quality staff, not enough ads, pay based off of how well company doing, upper mngmnt living in la la land. Spend more $ on new menus/tools than keeping quality employees, it's a food based program so get a focus on new food more often, that's all the client wants!

Wise up, roleplaying is good for training, but not real life situations. Try working as a Jcc more often, "go back to the basics" & see what you can really do & "lead by example". Sit in their chairs for awhile instead of going in 1x a month/quarter to critique.

Working at Jenny Craig

Current Employee - Management in New Orleans, LA (US)
    Current Employee - Management in New Orleans, LA (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig

Pros

Interesting work that I love. Learn a lot about nutrition and help others.

Cons

Pay is lower than average with few raises.

Employee incentives would help. More guidance at work.

Councilor

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great work enviroment, Helpful upper management

Cons

Having to sell vit. Keep people buying their products

no thanks

Former Employee - Centre Director
    Former Employee - Centre Director

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

simple program concept, working one on one with clients

Cons

food; simple concept that is difficult to follow long term

hope things have improved since you sold to North Castle