Jenny Craig

www.jennycraig.com

Jenny Craig Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Monty Sharma

Pros
  • Helping people change their lifestyles to achieve and maintain their weight loss goals (in 31 reviews)

• Great/Healthy way to lose weight when the program is followed (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Training is poorly thought out and the upper management doesn't really seem to care (in 24 reviews)

• Manipulative Market Directors, long hours without lunches and low pay (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Used to Love It

ProsLove making a difference in peoples lives

ConsFavoritism amongst upper management. Doesn't matter what you know, it's who you know

The relationships I developed with my clients were so wonderful, and honestly I loved the food!

Consultant (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsGreat hours, good pay, easy work.

ConsThe commission based pay made it hard to actually help the clients. The company wanted you to just sell them the food and kick them out. It was competitive and caddy with co-workers and the glass ceiling didn't help either.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. There is nothing the management could do differently. The 15 minute consultations and commission based pay leaves little room for actual client weight loss consultations.

Enjoy the people aspect but are bitter about unfair expectations of company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFun people to work with

ConsSalary is horrible. Management expects way too much for what employees get paid.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit micro-managing

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Program consultant

Weight Loss Consultant (Current Employee) San Jose, CA (US)

ProsHelping people reach there goals, changing lives. Program is excellent when followed

ConsNever get acknowledged for what we do. Always how can we bring more money into the company, let's harass clients from annoying phone calls, asking them why they aren't losing, really do you think we can really make grown adult do the program?, and force them to purchase food.yes we can fuel motivation, ask open ended questions ect, but come on! I have had clients leave program because of management bullying center directors to make harassing phone calls. Rediculous. We aren't doctors and we certainly don't get paid dr salary. I have had 20 cent raises each year. Does anyone else live in SF Bay Area . Rent is $$ almost lost my house three times,

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up! Look around, who is bringing in money to jenny? Who is actually keeping centers alive with revenue generated. NOT AMD'S or there over paid assistants.....CONSULTANTS. Give credit and pay where it really belongs! Happy Consultants = happy and successful centers?

Clearly a Company in trouble!!!

Center Director (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsGreat interaction with clientele, rewarding to change lives!!!

ConsUpper Management is terrible to work with, they never let you leave the office with text and voice mails...the micro management is over baring to say the least.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about your employees...they are the base of the business

Program Consultant

Program Consultant (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsHelping Clients reach their goals, and seeing them succeed

ConsThe hours are horrible, splits and inconsistent pay because of hours. They are behind the times of their competitors. They are really losing out on the market with their lack of new marketing ideas and technology . Cost of food for many clients that cannot afford it after a period of time.

Advice to Senior ManagementTelemarketing old clients that haven't been in the centre for years...let's try something more updated and fresh. Have some compassion for clients. Not just viewing them as a dollar sign. AMD and MD...not really sure what they do? Except tell the Centre directors that they have to hit quota!!!? Really lacks the vision that I thought it would be.

Retail commission sales job disguised in an office environment

Program Director (Former Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

ProsBuilding relationships with clients.
    Some fellow employees are great to work with
    Program itself is fantastic
    Pay not so bad

ConsHaving to work 2 split shifts per week, 2 late nights. Upper management does not care about your home life, not family friendly.Insane amount of pressure to sell. Constantly treated as if employees were children. No HR department, any issues go to management and upper management who have had no training in employee relations. Management holds grudges if you disagree with them, will either be terminated or demoted. Constant turnover with employees, which in turn causes loyal employees to work long hours and expected overtime.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease, please hire new upper management. Hire a new market analyst, and figure the business out that way rather than setting quotas and then having to "lower" them so uppers can get paid . Upper management should not be in charge of human resources and of every aspect of the business when they have no formal training at all. A 30% increase is unrealistic every year. Please start treating employees with respect and remember their name when you speak to them, the best way to get employees buy-in is to show how it's done, not sit and micromanage. Clients deserve to be seen as people, not dollar amounts. Also, communicating via fax machine is passé and very time consuming.
    Employees are loyal to the clients, not to the company

Downhill spiral

IT Department (Current Employee) Carlsbad, CA (US)

ProsEasy job. Peers are good people.

ConsManagement. They don't know what they are doing, there is zero communication between departments. Topped with some departments being so understaffed nothing gets done right. IT managers are nice/fake, but they are a joke.

Advice to Senior ManagementNew CEO, hope change is for the better, not worse.
    Take a look at your managers, just because they have been there "forever" does not always make them right for the job.

Horrible upper management

ProsI was lucky to have a phenomenal center director and supportive team!! I can't say that for the other centers I have worked at. I have flexible hours and able to take off if I need to. Also, I meet a lot of great people and have enjoyed most of the people I have met.

ConsMarket directors are horrible.... We are required to work on most holidays and the pay is horrible. Directors can favor consultants and help them make more money than others. Higher ups assume we can make grown adults want to lose weight. Also, they are terrible at hiring new people when needed and leave whole centers with only 2-3 employees. This makes it impossible for anyone to take vacation or call in sick.

The market directors don't care if your on vacation and will call 15 times to bother you. They should know better but don't care

Advice to Senior Management-give more off time during holidays
    -don't badger managers when they are on vacation by market directors
    -learn to have better incentives
    -don't leave whole centers with only 3 employees!!
    -stop blaming us for not motivating grown adults who chose not to come in for weight loss.

Going Down Hill Fast

ProsIt is a great place to help people attain their weight loss goals. You get to have a positive impact in their lives and meet and sometimes be friends with amazing people. In my many years with jenny I have worked with super coworkers with a few bad apples thrown in. For many years I worked hard and made very good money.

ConsIn the last year or so the executives have tried changes at jenny from clients not able to call centres directly (having to go thru call center) to now trying several new pilot compensation plans for field employees. Unless a person is working there less than a year -- everyone is going to take a HUGE hit on their income. Of course they present it as a good thing for the team in centres -- bonus's are higher but from past experience not going to happen even half the year. Without a probable bonus we will be relying on the base salary. Almost all employees in centres will take an $8,000 to $25,000 cut in yearly income.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay all employees a wage that we can live on. I see more and more people leaving. And then they wonder why there is a huge ever growing turnover. It is disheartening and sad.

Worked for Jenny Craig? Contribute to the Community!