Jenny Craig Reviews

Updated 11 September 2014
Updated 11 September 2014
2.2

Monty Sharma

Pros
  • Helping people change their lifestyles to achieve and maintain their weight loss goals (in 31 reviews)

• Great/Healthy way to lose weight when the program is followed (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Training is poorly thought out and the upper management doesn't really seem to care (in 24 reviews)

• Manipulative Market Directors, long hours without lunches and low pay (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Don't believe the hype

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant  in  Brookfield, WI (US)
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Brookfield, WI (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

clients are great to work with

Cons

too much pressure to over sell every client despite their needs. Focus isn't sincere on weight loss because there is no money in weight. The money is in the food. Buy food, buy food, buy food and you'll get rewarded as a consultant. Processed food that is not meant to consume long term. Kind of ironic that you push food on a person who is trying to lose weight. Your expected to call clients that upper management feel would buy more food. What a joke. Focus is totally on the wrong thing. Weight loss is why people come not to be pushed pre packaged food. No work life balance.

Listen to the consultants that deal with clients and do all the work not centre directors that hide behind walls and listen into private consultations and judge by one conversation and how much that person spends not how much weight they lost. Reward should be in the weight loss for employees. People would refocus their goals and the business might turn around again.

Could be a great place to work if only.......

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

Being able to help people be successful.

Cons

Not enough staff to cover hours expected to be open

If you want to control turnover look at allowing enough staff to run the centre effectively

Never again

Former Employee - Home Office  in  Carlsbad, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Home Office in Carlsbad, CA (US)

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good benefits (401k, Health, Dental, Vision...).

Cons

Poor management. Unnecessary bureaucracy saps all the soul out of the workers. Zero upward mobility. Zero pay raises.

It's not positive reinforcement if it makes people stop helping you.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales job not a client care job

Former Employee - Sales Consultant  in  Carrollton, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Carrollton, TX (US)

I worked at Jenny Craig for more than 3 years

Pros

Program discounts, helping others, learned skills like motivational interviewing

Cons

Micro-managing, pushing people to buy food, Went in wanting to help people and was even told no one has problem meeting sales goals etc. Management cares more about sales dollars than actually helping people. Promised a full time positions and ended up with 12 hours a week eventually. Miss my clients but don't miss working there

Treat employees like the adults they are - Provide more training - Need better compensation

LOve what you do and the people, not for money.

Former Employee - Center Director  in  Raleigh, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Center Director in Raleigh, NC (US)

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you love helping people, clients, then you'll love this job.
    Solid program - it works.

Cons

You are not getting rich here.
    JC, like the rest of the industry has its challenges.

You're doing the right things.

Info for Ft. Lauderdale consultant seeking more info for new compensation

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant  in  Salt Lake City, UT (US)
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Making good money but apparently not for long and I like helping clients reach their goal, flexible hours

Cons

I have a friend who is in the DFW new compensation plan for jenny. Consultants who have been there less than 10 years got a hourly pay raise ranging from $2 to $4 an hour, anyone over 10 years got maybe about a $1 an hour raise. There is no wage increase once you hit the top hourly wage at 10 years.
     There is no more commission for anything apparently. The only way to make anymore than your hourly pay is if your center makes quota ( it goes up in 5% increments. Which means your market director sets your quota and that is not always set in a fair way for all centers ( so you could have a very high quota which is almost impossible to meet ) and if you have just one slacker in your center that could also sabotage your chances to get any quota bonus.
     I heard they also just rolled out a comeback bonus too. So unless you can get every client to come back every 2 weeks you lose again. That bonus is also on a sliding scale but also it is a center bonus again too.
     A couple of people could be doing all the work to make sure to get bonus's and other staff could do almost nothing and get the same bonus as those who work. Nothing is different for those in high volume centers and those centers who do less than half of a high volume revenue center. I understand that there is supposed to be one other area coming soon.
     I was also told that people are leaving because they can't count on these bonus's ( they are bonus's and have no guarantee you will get them ). Apparently these employees are having trouble being able to pay their bills. I think all this reduction in salary is because jenny has been losing money and now that they are going to be associated with Curves the new CEO wants to lower jenny employee wages to more like Curves lower wages. I am not looking forward to this when it hits me. They seem to think experience is not worth anything and neither is bringing lots of money into centers. You get paid apparently only for how long you have worked for jenny and that is only to 10 years employment -- not for how you perform !!!!!!

Pay employees a fair wage for what they do

Unrealistic expectations

Former Employee - Program Director
    Former Employee - Program Director

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working with clients throughout their weight lose journey

Cons

Everything else about the company

Treat your employees with respect

Does not care about employees, understaffed, erratic hours

Former Employee - Centre Director
    Former Employee - Centre Director

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

Rewarding position helping clients meet goals; discounts on food; program and stated values based on positive concepts that go beyond weight loss

Cons

Understaffed and high employee turn over; told I had to cancel previously approved vacation time or would lose my job; stores began operating inconsistent hours, making it difficult to maintain customers; benefits were terrible; HR was unhelpful with many employee complaints

New compensation plan?

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have many clients and sell lots of food therefore I make a good salary at this time at Jenny Craig. Can somebody who is piloting the new compensation plan tell me specifically how it works? What is the base salary what is it based on what is the bonus structure

Cons

Not knowing what the plan is

Be more specific with your employees and more informative about the company changes

Employees grossly underpaid

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The employees were wonderful people who really wanted to help their clients.

Cons

Too many rapid fire changes. There were constant changes of direction. It was very confusing!

Worked for Jenny Craig? Contribute to the Community!