Jenny Craig

www.jennycraig.com
Employer Engaged

Great job because you get to really help change clients lives

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Central Valley, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Central Valley, CA (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Love helping clients feel better and get healthier. Its very rewarding

Cons

I shake my head as to the reasons behind why they hire some of the managers. In my opinion they aren't always the most qualified. I feel they are the most well liked but that doesn't make the best managers. Our center director doesn't really motivate us just wants to be our friend more.

Know what your center directors are doing in their centers. Sometimes its the staff who are really the driving force. Sincerely ask staff how their center director is doing. My cd is running a business on the side out of her office and boyfriend & family calls 3-4 times daily. We are selfmotivating that's the reason why our center is doing well. Not due to the cds input.

Great people to work with but company is slowly crumbling!!

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time

Pros

I love the people I work with. Advancement opportunities are available. Pay is better if you work at the corporate office. Company store with okay prices and discounts on Jenny Craig food.

Cons

Hardly any employee perks. Company seems lost and the employee morale is very low. A lot of layoffs recently and there are a lot of current employees that are looking to leave the company. Not innovative! Training sucks!!!! Please create better material!!!

Stop trying to manage multiple projects. Focus on one thing at a time and find a better way to communicate with your employees, especially with the field staff. Boost employee morale!!! Show your employees you care about them.

Your loosing your best employees!

Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

New Management is seeing the vision of the company. they got rid of most of their narcissistic managers. Meeting new people and helping them with their weightloss.

Cons

hours being cut, commission taken away, compensation unfair, no advancement. clients favorite foods are being taken away.

START ADVERTISING AND STOP CUTTING OUR HOURS! OUTSIDE MARKETING IS A WAISTE OF TIME! 20LBS FOR $20! THEY STILL CALL ABOUT THAT!

the training is great but the job stinks

Former Employee - Sales Consultant/Program Director in Newton, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant/Program Director in Newton, MA (US)

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than a year)

Pros

the nutrition and sales training was great background for the employees
    employee discount was wonderful

Cons

all the company was worried about was how much food and yearly programs you sold. the customers don't understand how to stay heathy after they finish the program.the company had a poor support system for their clients when they were struggling to maintain their weight. it backfired on us-sales consultants and program directors. not great benefits and
    management couldn't control their employees.

manage your sales consultants properly and fairly
    dont let one sales consultant steal all of the clients

Jenny Craig Corporate Headquarters

Current Contractor - Graphic Designer in Carlsbad, CA (US)
    Current Contractor - Graphic Designer in Carlsbad, CA (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Awesome work environment. The facility is spacious, the people are great to work with, location can't be beat. Only 5 minutes away from the beach. I love it here. Great perks- occasional catered food, a workout gym with complimentary work out classes. Organized organization who doesn't stray from the soul of it's core values. The attitude here is just that- everyone is helpful all around.

Cons

No cons to review at this time.

Company doesn't care about employees just bottom line

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The training pay is awesome at $16/hr and I love being able to help people lose weight, and feel better about themselves

Cons

Hours are being cut - full time employees becoming part time due to lack of clients. You spend hours on the phone harassing old client to come back. Employees fight amongst each other over clients in order to make commission. Management doesn't do their job and fail to help their employees in anything but criticizing.
    Until the new year, consultants are earning $9.50/hr plus commission.

Management needs to focus on actually helping their employees gain and keep clients. More customer service calls when clients quit and they need to stop handing over irate customers to their low level employees.

Company will be out of business soon...

Current Employee - Anonymous in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Developing relationships with clients and fellow co-workers. Many of my co-workers whom I have had the pleasure of working alongside, have many talents and strengths they are wasting in a dead end job. We have all tried to tough it out through the challenging times the company has seen but most are realizing they deserve better.

Cons

Low pay. When I say low, I mean very close to poverty level. Most employees (center management and below) can not live off of the salary they are paid. There has been a recent change in the compensation plan in which both center managers and consultants will be taking pay decreases. This company has been losing money year over year and now centers have unrealistic targets to hit because the company has not been profitable for some time. Most current employees are searching for other employment because so many people are unhappy. Also, no room to grow within the company anymore as they are restructuring and cutting out positions left and right.

Too many new changes that are not beneficial to field employees. You are pushing loyal and over qualified employees out the door by making them feel disposable and devalued. Wake up people, that's not how you save a sinking ship! Jenny has seen its day. Time to move on.

Down Hill

Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Consultant in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Jenny Craig full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Helping people lose weight/feel better about themselves. Working there for over five years has really strengthened my knowledge of proper nutrition and weight loss. I have also become a therapist without meaning to. Too bad it was without therapist pay.

Cons

Company has been going downhill for a long time. They waste money on printing nonsense marketing tools that we end up trashing. They should give that money to the employees. Business is VERY slow. Now they have given us an hourly wage with no commission and then... they cut hours! So much for giving us a wage we can live on! Wow! Thanks Jenny!

Don't know what to say at this point. It's just too late.

Love the job itself. The company has taken a huge turn in the wrong direction

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Jenny Craig

Pros

What we do every day is fantastic. The people i work with are caring and motivated.

Cons

Pay, turnover, morale, slow business

Pay attention to why some of your best employees are leaving

Great overall environment and co-workers...low pay

Former Employee - Program Director
    Former Employee - Program Director

I worked at Jenny Craig full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Helping people lose weight & get healthy , coworkers were great

Cons

Low pay, upper management - interesting

Increase pay & listen to your employees

Jenny Craig Photos