JetBlue

JetBlue Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

JetBlue President & CEO Dave Barger

Dave Barger

Pros
  • The flight benefits are another fantastic perk as well as the flexibility of work arrangements(in 45 reviews)

• Flying benefits are great, and the work is interesting(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management continues to lie and make false promises(in 8 reviews)

• Not very good at trickling down top management new ideas to middle management(in 7 reviews)

Great company to work for!

Reservations Agent (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT (US)

ProsGreat culture! Value based company.

ConsShfts are based on seniority. But you can trade shifts to add flexibility

Interesting...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prostravel benefits were really great

Consalways being on reserve got tiring

Director

ProsThe benefits, matching 401k, flight benefits, people you work with

ConsNew leadership is changing, unions are starting to invade the company, worried about losing CEO founder

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't lose sight of your most important assets, the people. Consultants are not always the answer, they have a place in businesses but should not assume they are smarter than the people running the business.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Definitely a family, not just a company.

In Flight Crew (Former Employee) Boston, MA (US)

ProsFree air travel. Part of a family. Excellent culture.

ConsTerrible pay. Not understanding when family matters arise. Management is horribly inexperienced.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't hire baby blue's for inflight management.

Great culture

Sales (Former Employee) Orlando, FL (US)

ProsI loved the family feel and emphasis on core values.

ConsPay rate (but that is just being greedy)

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure you monitor the dollars spent. There was plenty of waste.

Profits over people.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Jamaica, NY (US)

ProsFlight benefits, decent 401(k). Stock options were a nice touch, helped to compensate the abysmal salaries.

ConsMass layoff in order to hire contracting companies. Not losing money, just decided they aren't in that 'business' anymore.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a look at who your middle management is and where they come from. If they came from a failing airline, chances are they are going to make you fail also.

Interesting.

Airport Operations Crew Member (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsI loved being able to fly for free. I loved being able to swap my hours.

ConsI just left. Thank goodness. This is why I feel this way. jetBlue has new uniforms! Yes, the new uniforms brighten up the front line as was desperately needed. However, corporate has dictated that female Airport Operations employees wear heels while behind the ticket counter, while running through the airport several times a day, while working the gates, and while running up and down the jetbridges. Female AO employees may wear heels 1/2" to 3". While 1/2" really doesn't sound so bad, the female AO crewmember is limited to solid black shoes with a defined heel. The male employee may wear their loafers and their dress shoes. They have the option of wearing sensible shoes where the female crewmember does not. Look around at any profession where the employee is on their feet all day, and you will see them wearing a sensible shoe. jetBlue's new shoe policy for female airport operations crewmembers rule out Dansko, Clarks, Merrills, etc. The female airport operations crewmember is enduring pain and sitting back and adhering to corporate's policy. If they don't, they will be noncompliant and will lose their job.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember jetBlue's values and apply them.

It's a family not just a job.

Crew Support (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT (US)

ProsJetBlue is a family. You have fun with your coworkers. Reservations is open 24/7 and that means crazy hours to fit your crazy life. If you live in Utah you can work from home after training. There are plenty of departments to move around in and keep you interested.

ConsReservations schedules change every four months. You could love your shift and then have to change your while life. It takes forever to get seniority. It's also very easy to get points but difficult to get rid of them so beware.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake it a little easier to get rid of points. I left the company I loved because of a few late starts and some family emergencies.

Culture

In Flight Crew Member (Current Employee) Boston, MA (US)

ProsOne unique thing about B6 is the people have created an amazing culture. The company gives us the tools to be able make our customers experience amazing.

ConsMore diversity in the leadership would be amazing.

Exceptionally wonderful and hardworking people.

Intern (Former Employee) Long Island City, NY (US)

ProsThe people and the culture make every day a great day to be in the office. Your opinion is valued and leaders care about you. The flight benefits are another fantastic perk as well as the flexibility of work arrangements.

ConsIf you get hired after interning, you're one of the lucky few. Job growth and opportunities are spoken of often, but sometimes they do not follow through.

Advice to Senior ManagementA little more structure around the everyday crewmember.

Worked for JetBlue? Contribute to the Community!