JetBlue

JetBlue Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

JetBlue President & CEO Dave Barger

Dave Barger

Pros
  • The flight benefits are another fantastic perk as well as the flexibility of work arrangements (in 45 reviews)

• Flying benefits are great, and the work is interesting (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management continues to lie and make false promises (in 8 reviews)

• Not very good at trickling down top management new ideas to middle management (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company but still working out the kinks internally

Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsGreat brand name, flight benefits, culture is great, NY office is awesome

ConsDepending on the dept the work life balance may not be so great, technology for the support centers has not caught up to the rest of the company

Advice to Senior ManagementThe support centers need some additional attention and some changes have to be made to be more efficient. You cannot continue to grow yet still do things the same way you used to.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Best Place to be

Airport Operations Crew Member (Former Employee) Boston, MA (US)

ProsAmazing benefits, and exciting place to work. Lots of room for growth and endless opportunities.

ConsGet stuck with awful shifts 4 am. The attendance policy is intense. Stressful situations working at the airport.

very supportive team, flexible and awesome benefits

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat flight benefits, flexible schedules, and great people

Consnot a very high salary, but constant opportunities to advance within the company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome company to work for.

Supervisor Airports (Current Employee)

ProsPromotes from within and really tries to help crew members advance to their highest potential.

ConsSometimes you do not share the same views (business related) as your manager and that can affect the work balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not promote micro managing.

good

Prosgood benefits and easy work

Conssome slick workers and overtime

The most horrible company Ive ever worked for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsWeekly Pay... and that's it.

ConsTerrible management and supervision, terrible training. Terrible hours. They want you to be on top of everything but they aren't on top of everything themselves.

Advice to Senior ManagementHow about about take some responsibility for your mistakes, don't overwork your employees, don't break rules when its convenient for you. Oh and make sure you train new employees on what they will actually be doing. Worst management ever.

This company has changed dramatically........I have been with JetBlue for over 11 years.

In Flight Crew Member (Current Employee)

ProsTheir Care Team is amazing, wonderful people who are very supportive when you need it. You don't see that very often at big companies.

ConsThe REALLY don't care about their Inflight Department, period. Everything is a struggle and if you are on reserve, it can be really tough.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe the way you used to be.....treat your employees with dignity and respect and in turn you will get better performance from them.

Better to lie and fly then be honest and grounded

In Flight Crew (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsFlexible hours and schedule. So can accommodate most days off.

ConsUnreasonable response time to call in for work.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore realistic and less close cutting hours on call out. Better preparation from the company will allow more results from employees.

Bait and switch

ProsTravel benefits like any other airline

ConsThey sell you their values but don't embody them.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Nice on the outside, but rotten on the inside

People Department (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

Pros(This is all my view points from the LIC Support Center)
    -Younger workforce
    - Energized environment, but this differs from dept to dept
    - Great architecture at HQ with a modern-esq look and feel
    - Most upper management are at least educated, but that comes with arrogance
    - People are polite and professional
    - Fun culture when folks are happy

ConsVPs and higher have no clue as to what goes on with the Day 2 Day operations and therefore take the lead from their Directors and Managers. My first month there I heard so many jokes about job security, but never took anything seriously because I thought my credentials and experience will speak for themselves. Well, I was wrong. If they want someone else in the position that can be high performing (bringing their own people in), they will make sure you are setup to fail. You will slowly be phased out without even knowing and one day be called in to let you know you have been terminated with the reason there isn't enough work. Only to discover that more people were hired for the department. Lesson? Yes, don't be afraid to push boundaries because it seems those are the ones that make it.

New Directors and old ones are re-hired to implement changes, but all they do is perpetuate bad actions and policies. They hardly ever do what is right for their people.

Also, if you are good at sucking-up, you will get far. People are promoted into management positions not because they have the qualifications, but if the VP or Director like you and you've been there 2-5 years, you are guaranteed to get the spot regardless of anyone else being qualified on the team. For such a young company I was surprised at the lack of diversity at the HQ. Hardly any people of color in management positions and hardly any women occupying top positions. The ones that are, seem like they only got it because of EEO policies (no pun intended). I know they are smart, but form the outside it looks like a farce.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou claim to live by the mission and vision, but it seems it only pertains to customers. The people working hard to support you seem to be treated like they are dispensable and irrelevant. Remember to get to the top, you still need to step up and look down. Don't let your eagerness to get to the top cloud your judgement to do the right thing and concentrate less on doing it right.

Worked for JetBlue? Contribute to the Community!