Johnson Controls

www.johnsoncontrols.com

Johnson Controls Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Alex A. Molinaroli

Pros
  • Great company, good benefits, high level experience with high level management(in 32 reviews)

• Good work-life balance (not true for all projects, depends on position also)(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is good if you are not traveling much(in 22 reviews)

• Numerous levels of upper management with people or structure changing every 1 to 2 years(in 16 reviews)

Fantastic breeding ground for talented professionals

Sales Manager (Current Employee) Melbourne

ProsReputation of consistently delivering on customer expectations. Often hear from customers that JCI are great to deal with.

ConsAustralia business is very conservative and traditionally have taken very little risk in emerging markets, pefer instead to follow trends as opposed to being the market leaders they are well positioned to be. Do not leverage extensive global expertise very well. Geographical structure creates challenges to service large national and multinational customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementBusiness revamp to better suit customer changing needs by adding value and providing solutions to their business challenges. Products focus and transactional mentality needs to change to reposition JCI in the marketplace as a service and solutions provider

good top company, great team works that are knowledgeable. Excellent benefits on 401k matching and salary

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prostraining, great team workers, salary, 401k matching, benefits

Consconducting business, meetings, forecasting, multiple systems, competitive within company reps.

Great place to work and progress your career!

Supervisor (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI (US)

ProsGreat benefits, flexible schedule, and if you work hard you will get rewarded.

ConsOffice environment can change from one department to another. But many are wonderful to work in and some adjustments but doesnt mean the department is not a good one.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to have open communication and interest in your team members.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great experience for intern student

Industrial Designer (Former Employee) Holland, MI (US)

ProsGreat company and co-workers. They are really supportive and giving. When I had internship in advance design studio, I got involved to their projects. They listen to your project and give great advice. It's good for student first step into the real industry.

ConsI've been in Holland Mi. It's quiet and small town near Lake Michigan. I think it's bad for a designer. As a designer, I would rather stay in a big city, that world trend and info will be easy to reach. I would love to have more trendy things in my daily life.

This was a wonderful company to work for.

Facilities Technician (Current Employee) Bakersfield, CA (US)

ProsThe benefits were great. The work environment was even better. They supplied with the things I need to complete the job and task.

ConsThere was no way to clock in and out. Which lead to problems sometime.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo check on your employees more then once a month. Even if it a phone call once a week.

Travel Administrator Intern

Travel Administrator (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI (US)

ProsYou get to learn much about the business and how it runs. People are very nice and helpful, they will provide you with the necessary information you need in order to get things done.

ConsThings might seems a bit organized at times and executives don't normally communicate properly to lower tears of the company. They announce major changes within 1-2 weeks and expect you to adapt in that time.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure to have detailed project plans for interns and offer a hiring plan for when the internship is over.

It's really great!!

Senior IT Analyst (Current Employee) Holland, MI (US)

ProsAs long as you complete your work and available when an issue occurs, no one cares if you are in or out.

ConsNot I can think of

Johnson Controls was a great company to work for.

Civil Engineer (Former Employee) Cape Canaveral, FL (US)

ProsThe office culture was very welcoming. I felt like I was part of a team, not competing with my coworkers.

ConsHad to have security clearance, also it was a long drive to work.

I have been there for two years now and I am happy I was encouraged by bosses to do something more than a daily scope.

Transactional Buyer (Current Employee) Bratislava (Slovakia)

ProsIf you say your opinion on e.g. what is not working well, we look for ways together how to improve workplace.

ConsI would not say challenges connected to working there as a company. There may be day to day challenges which turn up and then are solved - e.g. work distribution = if someone is overloaded, it means there is some space for re-distribution of work. Till then, it is challenging. (But maybe I am just lucky, it is not in all departments the same)

Advice to Senior ManagementI would like to thank them for opportunities, He\She who wants to grow, can achieve success in this company. I like the idea, that in some time we will move to one building that will be better for us (more space, all departments at the same place,...)

Need to improve focus on management development.

Branch Service Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGreat development of entry to mid-level workers. Very ethical company, practice what they preach. Take customer satisfaction very serious.

ConsMany glass ceilings exist as a result of the branch model structure.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove the focus on mentoring and development of mid-level management.

Worked for Johnson Controls? Contribute to the Community!