Jones Lang LaSalle

Jones Lang LaSalle Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2014

Jones Lang LaSalle President, CEO, and Director Colin Dyer

Colin Dyer

Pros
  • Company tends to be cognizant of employees' needs for work/life balance(in 24 reviews)

• Great work environment in which a strong work ethic was highly valued(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • At times it is difficult to get that work/life balance(in 22 reviews)

• No employee engagement at all; bullying at Senior Management level unless you are part of the team(in 12 reviews)

Great

ProsBest Place to Work many years in a row. Great upward mobility and inter department transfer opportunities.

Conslarge company makes it sometimes hard to connect to all service line

Great company but not quite a meritocracy

ProsGreat work environment. Good projects. Decent pay. Good work/life balance. Some of the people are very competent and almost everybody is nice and supportive.

ConsIt's hard to get ahead because the company tends to promote based on tenure and/or whether you are like them, rather than based on merit. There is more dead wood than I expected when I joined several years ago and a lot of those people are not going anywhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to branch out and promote more people who are not from a traditional background. Give better raises and bonuses.

Objective Review

Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsWonderful place to work and grow knowledge

ConsPlenty of work to do that at times there's no room to come up for air

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

ok

Prosgood cmpany to wrk wid

Consno cons was found, wrk culture is good

Advice to Senior Managementnothing, good

Has had its ups and downs. But definitely worth it. Enjoy working for JLL.

Senior Facilities Manager (Current Employee) Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

ProsExtremely lean organization. More responsibility than anticipated. Which is a pro and a con

ConsExtremely lean organization. Understaffed for the amount of work. Which is a pro and a con

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat organisation. I love working here.

JLL

Team Lead/Vice President (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsColleague Diversity and continual company growth.

ConsNeed mentors to advance in your career.

Los Angeles Internship in Commercial Real Estate

Intern (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsThe position was well paid, in a pleasant environment. Staff was generally open given an interest in opportunity.

ConsMust be a self starter, without provocation, one will be left behind. It took over two weeks to get set up on a computer.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a more concrete set of goals for summer interns.

Great Pay, Horrible Working Conditions

Facility Manager (Former Employee) Denver, CO (US)

ProsThe pay was great, two of the upper managers were good people, and the benefits were good overall.

ConsLittle to no training, false promises were given, I was set up to fail or "thrown to the wolves by JLL" as the client indicated, the job was too demanding with little help from upper management, and JLL's processes are very complicated without the proper level of training.

Advice to Senior ManagementSelect management who cares about properly training new employees so they can be successful within your organization. Quit lying to people making them believe they will be successful by using tactics that build false hope. Instead, spend sufficient time with new employees so they can get used to your processes, be honest with their performance by providing feedback, and strive to help people succeed.
    According to the client, your turnover rates at my facility were very high over the last two years. To me, this means you must have money to burn on recruiting new managers. Stop wasting money on recruitment and invest in good and proper training instead.

Could've been better...

Assistant Research Analyst (Former Employee) Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Pros- Homely office environment, Very friendly people
    - Good to get started on your analytical skills
    - High-ranking managers are flourished with experience

Cons- Many inexperienced analysts and associates (less than 7 years): Don't expect anything life-changing
    - Only suited to those who like the classic 9-5
    - Consultancy, Marketing and Admin interns were essentially business card database managers, powerpoint and photocopy specialists
    - Research work was very easy but bulky

Advice to Senior ManagementForce the interns to present work of high quality and with stiff deadlines. The intern batch of 2013 had a lot more to offer than sitting at their desks all day.

Great company to work for if you already have the skills and network

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsGreat talent pool
    Roles are as challenging as you make them
    Ability to move between functions/services
    Decent benefits package
    Flexibility of many roles (location agnostic); locations in every major market

ConsZero diversity in leadership positions
    Poor employee development
    Salaries are below industry average (well below top competitors)
    "Entrepreneurial culture" can be detrimental to great workers who need career guidance

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you're serious about diversity and employee development, prove it. Back up the speeches and events with real programming that develops newly on-boarded and hungry talent. Invest time and money in education, skills development, training, etc. Cast a wider net both internally and externally to recruit, hire, develop and retain diverse talent. Black, Asian, and Hispanic talent is scarce at the firm, and what does exist leaves quickly because there's no firm commitment to development. They're rarely included in conversations around growing their careers or the firm. Also, restructuring advancement to loosely mimic the consultant culture (analyst>associate>manager>sr. manager>vice president, etc.) might be helpful; outlining possible career paths and the metrics needed to achieve them would give employees a clearer vision of what's possible for them 3, 5, 10 years from their hire date. Finally, require management and leadership training for all people managers.

Worked for Jones Lang LaSalle? Contribute to the Community!