Jones Lang LaSalle

www.joneslanglasalle.com
Profile Unclaimed

Great company to work for!

Former Employee - Associate of Transaction Management in Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Associate of Transaction Management in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Jones Lang LaSalle full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company offers great pay, great benifits, lots of growth and relocation options. The company is well respected amongst all Real Estate Companies and looks great on your resume!

Cons

The company has a highly competitive environment. You really must "know the right people" to get promoted or even get a lateral move. Plus, if the company looses a client, there are mass layoffs.

If you loose a client, don't loose good talent. Find a another job to place them in, or bench them until you can.

Facilities Manager

I worked at Jones Lang LaSalle full-time

Pros

What drew me to JLL and kept me there was their strong ethics message. They have innovative ideas for product lines. The quality of the software used to for work orders and invoice processing is great.

Cons

There are still a few folks who work there who aren't always truthful. There is a sense of disconnect from the main company core from those who work on accounts. Most times it felt like I worked for the client and was not a JLL employee.

Once accounts end or new ones are brought on actively seek within your current work force to fill open positions.

Lead mobile HVAC Technician

I worked at Jones Lang LaSalle

Pros

Great people, Great company, good benifits

Cons

Usually contracted for 4 year contract. Got spoiled. Can get out bid and find your self working for a diferent employer for less cash, and deep benifit cuts.

To JLL a wonderful employer. Thanks for 4 awesome years.

Great Company to work for.

Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Orlando, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Orlando, FL (US)

I have been working at Jones Lang LaSalle full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great pay, upper management will reward for hard work

Cons

No work life balance. On call 24/7

Upper management is great. Property management/chief engineers need more training, their way or the highway

Internship review

I have been working at Jones Lang LaSalle

Pros

Great internship, weekly group meetings with directors to see all sides of the business.

Cons

Pay was not great compared to the banks.

Great company to start your career

Former Contractor - Graphic Designer in Boston, MA (US)
    Former Contractor - Graphic Designer in Boston, MA (US)

I worked at Jones Lang LaSalle as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Nice working environment and nice people. You learn a lot interfering with many different teams and projects.

Cons

Although the company is trying, projects and communications can be a bit more organized.

I have been working at Jones Lang LaSalle

Pros

Lots of opportunities and a willingness to grow the employees with in the company.

Cons

Boots on the ground are compensated at a lower level. To move up within the organization the employee must be willing to transfer accounts every couple of years.

Never negotiate a contract without a training budget.

Chief Engineer

Current Employee - Chief Engineer in Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Chief Engineer in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Jones Lang LaSalle full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great sense of team work, big company, lots of opportunity, great benefits and flexibility.

Cons

The pay is not the best in the industry. You are constantly asked to do more with less. There is not a lot of life/work balance. To get a head in the company you have to spend more time at work or on the road.

More promotions and recognition to your employees goes a long ways.

Fun and engaging colleagues

Former Employee - Manager in Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Employee - Manager in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Jones Lang LaSalle full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Firm has a stellar reputation within the commercial real estate space and provides a global platform and opportunities for employees. Had the chance to work with colleagues from all over the region, and a bit from the US as well. Coworkers are generally a super upbeat group of people - as one would expect from a firm that is a leader in commercial leasing and investment sales (although it does tons of other stuff). Many probably list this as a con, but I was thoroughly entertained by the constant stream of corporate communications propaganda that comes into your inbox every day. Great training opportunities, especially in the sustainability space.

If you're going to work with a major player in this space I would reckon that JLL is the place to be - more of a consultancy feel than "pure" brokerage CBRE, and none of the other players are in the same ballpark in terms of global platform.

Cons

Management can send confusing signals. You can get pulled in directions that don't relate to core responsibilities, and that works great until performance review. Important to learn how to be a supportive colleague, but also say know so that you can meet your core responsibilities and have a positive performance review. You're going to struggle to make your target if loads of your time is spent on unrelated tasks. A lot of this is just what happens when you work for a FORTUNE 1000 company. Not great fun to deal with, but probably not unique to JLL.

An Interns Experience at JLL

Former Intern - Intern in Chennai (India)
    Former Intern - Intern in Chennai (India)

I worked at Jones Lang LaSalle as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

A great place to learn and the people in the local office were highly helpful

Cons

None from my side. Had a good Experience

None from my side. Had a good Experience