Kelly Services Reviews

Updated 28 August 2014

3.2

Kelly Services President, CEO, and Director Carl T. Camden
Carl T. Camden

Pros
  • You get to work from home so no gas or car insurance needed (in 36 reviews)

• Kelly has a great work-life balance and the HR policies ensure that they take good care of the employees (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • There are also no benefits - only an option to purchase insurance etc at some discount (in 28 reviews)

• 3 an hour less than full-time employees doing the same work and more (in 17 reviews)

More Highlights

very good people I have great experience with them awesome

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Sippy Downs
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sippy Downs

I have been working at Kelly Services part-time for more than a year

Pros

real good friendly people I write them as Big ten professional good development it was real awesome working wit y'll team

Cons

learn how to work with machines

keep the business going good people

Very good company to work for. excellent environment

Former Employee - Executive Assistant  in  Brisbane
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Brisbane

I worked at Kelly Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent training program for new individuals.
    Personal and professional growth for hardworkers
    Excellent pay and good environment

Cons

Not really. Leadership of the company needs to look after the employees

Upper management need to improve the work-life balance of the employees

Great divide with back office to sales. Management don't want to pay staff what they are owed.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sydney
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I worked at Kelly Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nothing I could think of.

Cons

- Those consultants who brought in the deals with clients where looked on as gods and everyone else was looked over.
    - Massive divides in all areas of the business, between back office and consultants, between states, between consultants themselves.
    - The back office received no acknowledgement or support for the hard hard work that was performed.
    - The MD isn't a great person by any means. She's not a good influence for the company at all. Gets her friends into management roles who are incompetent.
    - I've seen the company treat loyal employees like crap. If they need to cut heads, they won't hesitate. They will try not to pay you what you are owed.

By far one of the worse places I worked.

Without your back office staff, your company doesn't run. Recognition for the super long hours and ridiculous targets being met should be rewarded.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Recruitment Consultant

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant  in  Perth, Western Australia
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Perth, Western Australia

I have been working at Kelly Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Less cut throat than other agencies from what I've heard, KPI's for cold calling etc are increasing as a result of the company falling behind its competition within Perth. Have some good PSA agreements and are working hard to get more. Not much work politics.

Cons

Currently very few desirable PSAs, all high frequency low margin type positions, little to no exposure to engineering/mining and accounting in Perth. All Perth does is engineering/mining and accounting so having no foothold effects the other divisions as well.

none

Interesting place to work, very challenging working environment

Current Employee - Inventory  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Inventory in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Kelly Services as a contractor for more than 5 years

Pros

Career help and assistance with future goals. Can get better prospects and considerations for employment withing the organization. The Staff are very good, kind and considerate.

Cons

Challenging environment , not having a steady schedule and unpredictable working hours.

Always review the contract rules, regulation and objectives and also consider the workers concerns.

Great place to work

I have been working at Kelly Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Solid reputation. Treat their employees very well

Cons

The market doesn't realize our full capabilities

KellyConnect/Apple Project is awesome!!

Current Employee - Technical Support Advisor (Apple @ Home)  in  Troy, AL (US)
    Current Employee - Technical Support Advisor (Apple @ Home) in Troy, AL (US)

I have been working at Kelly Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are so many great and amazint things to say i could right pages! The trainers are amazing the Teamleads really teach you when you make a mistake instead of getting onto you. Amazing teamwork, teamwork makes the dream work!! Everyone is so encouraging as well. I can be alittle overwhelming at first as any job really is due to the newness but specifically because you must learn new systems and how the iOS system works to hlp customers. The working at home is amazing dont have to deal with any traffic, wear on car, or risking a wreak/speeding ticket or other violation to get to work. Plus you never have to pay for gas....SO i feel like im getting paid more. Just an amazing place to work.

Cons

Overwhelming customers that can be rude, frustration of sometimes not being able to see particular things on the customers phones when diagnosing.

Everyone that says the pay is low - idiots. The pay is not bad you are working at home and dont have to worry about gas or wear and tear on car. If you want to make more then simply work up to it and move to a better paying position. Atleast its not min wage.

As far as the ppl that said if your 1 min late for the 15 min break....that has never happened to me. Of course - you cant be consistently late but a minute i dont think makes a huge difference. 7 To 10 mins late would tho.

Management is the best i have came across. The coaching sessions are not about telling the advisors what they have done wrong. They do tell you that but its not like your getting in trouble....they give you tips and position it in a way that isnt patronizing like other employers do. Name Walmart!! Apple/Kelly does expect improvements when coaching sessions require improvement to be made. They expect for the tips to be used and for the advisor to improve accordingly and to adjust. Its not all about what you do wrong and coaching sessions are a good thing here...NOT A BAD THING AT ALL. The management and Teamleads do try very hard to help you move up and get promotions.

Very good employer

Current Employee - Test Evaluator  in  Rancho Cordova, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Test Evaluator in Rancho Cordova, CA (US)

I have been working at Kelly Services as a contractor for more than 5 years

Pros

The variety of the work.

Cons

Work is not year round.

Great place to apply for work in Logan Utah

Current Employee - Human Resource Assistant  in  Logan, UT (US)
    Current Employee - Human Resource Assistant in Logan, UT (US)

I have been working at Kelly Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Kelly Services provided me with a job within the community in my chosen profession until I can acquire permanent employment. In the meantime I am getting the exposure I need to potential permanent employers

Cons

No opportunity to get raises or affordable health benefits

Keep current employees updated with any current or future openings

Worked as an Information Technology Account Executive Recruiter for a new Permanent Start Up Division in Charlotte, NC.

Former Employee - IT Recruiter  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Former Employee - IT Recruiter in Charlotte, NC (US)

I worked at Kelly Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

It is an established environment and already has a name for itself in the market. Kelly Services was the first company to hire out temps - remember the 'Kelly Girls'? And the people who work there are very decent with great values, for the most part.

Cons

There are just too many middle managers for the number of employees. This causes some confusion and one might not know the exact pecking order since there are at least three managers speaking into the lives of people. Also, a big problem was that the new division was in competition with the old division (unless the old division had more work than they could handle), and this set up the new employees for failure. The other was that sharing placements or recruiting across divisions and/or cities was not allowed, which lowered productivity for all. They wanted you to stick to a niche than be productive overall.

Reduce the number of managers and allow employees in multiple divisions, offices and states to work with each other. Be flexible if it means sales or establishment of relationships, which always ends up with sales in the future.

Worked for Kelly Services? Contribute to the Community!