Kelly Services

Kelly Services Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Kelly Services President, CEO, and Director Carl T. Camden

Carl T. Camden

Pros
  • You get to work from home so no gas or car insurance needed (in 36 reviews)

• Kelly has a great work-life balance and the HR policies ensure that they take good care of the employees (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • There are also no benefits - only an option to purchase insurance etc at some discount (in 28 reviews)

• 3 an hour less than full-time employees doing the same work and more (in 17 reviews)

More Highlights

very good people I have great experience with them awesome

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Sippy Downs

Prosreal good friendly people I write them as Big ten professional good development it was real awesome working wit y'll team

Conslearn how to work with machines

Advice to Senior Managementkeep the business going good people

Very good company to work for. excellent environment

Executive Assistant (Former Employee) Brisbane

ProsExcellent training program for new individuals.
    Personal and professional growth for hardworkers
    Excellent pay and good environment

ConsNot really. Leadership of the company needs to look after the employees

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management need to improve the work-life balance of the employees

Great divide with back office to sales. Management don't want to pay staff what they are owed.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Sydney

ProsNothing I could think of.

Cons- Those consultants who brought in the deals with clients where looked on as gods and everyone else was looked over.
    - Massive divides in all areas of the business, between back office and consultants, between states, between consultants themselves.
    - The back office received no acknowledgement or support for the hard hard work that was performed.
    - The MD isn't a great person by any means. She's not a good influence for the company at all. Gets her friends into management roles who are incompetent.
    - I've seen the company treat loyal employees like crap. If they need to cut heads, they won't hesitate. They will try not to pay you what you are owed.

By far one of the worse places I worked.

Advice to Senior ManagementWithout your back office staff, your company doesn't run. Recognition for the super long hours and ridiculous targets being met should be rewarded.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Recruitment Consultant

Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) Perth, Western Australia

ProsLess cut throat than other agencies from what I've heard, KPI's for cold calling etc are increasing as a result of the company falling behind its competition within Perth. Have some good PSA agreements and are working hard to get more. Not much work politics.

ConsCurrently very few desirable PSAs, all high frequency low margin type positions, little to no exposure to engineering/mining and accounting in Perth. All Perth does is engineering/mining and accounting so having no foothold effects the other divisions as well.

Advice to Senior Managementnone

I was very pleased with my work experience with Kelly Services

Field Service Technical (Former Employee) El Paso, TX (US)

ProsI was with the FDA Hospira IV Pump recall team. Kelly Services took great care of me during all of my traveling throughout the USA. After that contract ended they found me another temp to hire position very quickly. Good case managers that take care of you when you need something.

ConsIf you need something while traveling at night you have to wait until the next day for response.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor night travelers have staff that can answer questions.

I recommend and would accept future assignments through the Sarasota office.

Various Temp Positions (Former Employee) Sarasota, FL (US)

ProsThe team in Sarasota has been so helpful and professional through all of my temp assignments. Even during the recession, when so many other staffing agencies would be short or condescending due to the surplus of job seekers, I was always treated with kindness and respect by Kelly Services.

There is the opportunity for holiday pay and an annual service bonus of 1 - 2 % depending upon the days and number of hours worked during the calendar year.

ConsI would like to see something offered to temporary contractors that work at the same business beyond a certain amount of time. While holiday pay and a service bonus helps, I don't feel that it adequately offsets working year round without any of the benefits such as a week of paid vacation, bereavement, sick time or the opportunity for discounted insurance benefits.

I haven't seen long term assignment that result in annual pay increases. I suspect that's due to the additional staffing fee charges to the companies that contract the temps.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide a week of PTO to contractors per year of work. Years of no time off so that a paycheck isn't reduced is too harsh of a reality for current contractors.

I feel that time in service as a contractor at a company should count after the temp is hired at that company permanently.

Very pleasant company to work with

Account Manager (Former Employee) Austin, TX (US)

ProsWill always try their best to get a position for you. The location in Austin always had me working.

ConsI have had a hard time getting a placement in the Houston/Pasadena/Galveston area.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe recruiters that I have dealt with in the Austin area and the Bay Area areas have been extremely professional. The Austin area was very hard to get on the phone, but the Bar Area location has been better at answering their calls. It would be better if they could submit us to multiple clients, so that we are not just sitting at home wondering what is going on and how to pay our bills.

Executive Administrative Assistant

ProsIt is great working for Kelly Services.

ConsI worked at several offices and had a great experience at each one!

Advice to Senior ManagementI feel that my skills and qualifications meet your requirements, and would like to seek a full time permanent position.

Kelly Services

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsThey are helpful and when you are signed up you can use their learning center to learn or update your skills/software. They try to help you find jobs that fit your skills. They are very friendly and really try to help.

ConsThey do not have many jobs in the last few years. The recession hit their business like many others. The jobs don't always pay enough for the job you are assigned.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind more jobs. Raise your pay levels. Increase the amount of skills/software in your learning center, esp. typing.

good experience

Proseverything is good with kelly services I have not had issues

Consnothing I have not experienced nothing negative

Worked for Kelly Services? Contribute to the Community!