Kimberly-Clark

Kimberly-Clark Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Kimberly-Clark Chairman, President, and CEO Tom Falk

Tom Falk

Pros
  • KC allows for ample growth opportunities and encourages a healthy work-life balance(in 50 reviews)

• There is a lot of great people to learn from(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Too slow, awful performance management system, far too much bureaucracy(in 14 reviews)

• The Field Sales offices do not have as much work-life balance flexibility(in 12 reviews)

A great company made up of great people

Pros- Helped achieve my personal goals. Ex: When I had a personal family issue come up, they worked with me on finding a role in the location where I needed to be at that time.
    - One KC Behaviors align with my own values. This makes it a lot easier to get along with coworkers and to also deliver results more effectively.
    - Fun coworkers & a casual work environment (can wear jeans everyday as long as you're not meeting with a customer).
    - Great leaders who are passionate and insightful.
    - Leadership encourages leveraging your strengths and continually improving your skills and capabilities.
    - Development options for employees: Mentoring, Reverse Mentoring, training, special interest groups, performance development plans connected into objectives.

Cons- I would love KC to be even more progressive with their employees. The new work generation demands less boundaries, so be open to more employees working remote, working in non-standard locations, etc. Great strides have been made so far, so don't be afraid to push the envelope even more.
    - Sometimes big companies can bring about more complexity or more red tape. Keep it simple.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay connected to the various levels of the organization, and feel free to share throughout the organization what's going on at your level.

Sales

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFair company with realistic and attainable goals in sales. A caring management. Good work/life balance.

ConsNo cons. Was very satisfied with position.

Great Company!

Vice President (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsK-C is a great company built around great brands. It's grounded in a genuinely collaborative environment that provides employees the opportunity to participate and grow. There is a strong sense of core values within the culture.

ConsK-C is no different than most Multi-national companies. There is tremendous opportunity for individual growth and promotion. This path often requires, or at least will be accelerated, by a openness to relocate for opportunities.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

KC is a great place to work. It's a solid company, and work life balance is prioritized.

Category Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGood solid company in a relatively stable industry. I work with great people who treat each other with respect, have good communication, and are really nice. Benefits are great, family is a core value. New leadership has been helpful to drive new ideas.

ConsSometimes process gets in the way of progress. Multiple people in many departments can be working on the same thing without knowing other's work. Communication between departments could be better.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to drive new and innovative thought to drive business!

Kimberly-Clark Review

ProsFamily Oriented
    Good Salary
    Yearly salary increases/bonuses
    Great people to work with
    Lots of opportunity for growth in your career

ConsWork life balance tends to be an issue
    Training for new roles is lacking - need more support in this area

Advice to Senior ManagementKC is a great area to work and lots of growth opportunities. Help support this by making sure proper transition/training is in place to ensure success in the new role.

Great place to work!

Community Manager (Current Employee) Neenah, WI (US)

ProsKimberly-Clark offers great opportunities to work with well-known brands. Employee's contributions are valued.

ConsNo cons at this time.

Smalltown Values in a Big Company

ProsWhile Kimberly-Clark is a large, global corporation, it still operates under smalltown values. Everyone acts with integrity and a personal sense of responsibility for the success of the company.There's a strong feeling of community and everyone is treated as if you're their next-door neighbor. Great work-life balance and emphasis on family.

ConsSlow to move and make changes. Risk-averse and at times ends up playing defense rather than offense.
    In terms of employee promotion within the sales offices, be prepared to move. The quickest advancements (and pay raises) come if you're willing to relocate. Small offices lead to slow turnover and the more willing you are to move for the job vs. the location, the better.

Where else would you work?

ProsI’ve worked here for 5 years. My first experience was in Customer Service in the Neenah Office. Customer Service is a great team to start out on as you really learn a lot about the company and you meet a lot of friendly people. There is also a great work-life balance at the Neenah location and a lot of families love the flexibility that the company offers. I now hold a role in one of the Field Sales offices. I believe that each sales office is different and the culture is dependent on the people there. This experience has been a challenge, but has taught me a lot about our customer facing teams.

ConsEach office location has their pros and cons. The Neenah office is in a small town so it is hard for people to adapt if they are used to a bigger city. The Field Sales offices do not have as much work-life balance flexibility.

Advice to Senior ManagementEvery Team Leader is different so I have no specific advice to give.

A good company to work for overrall.

Quality Assurance Auditor (Current Employee) Conway, AR (US)

Pros- Many opportunities available for many different career tracks.
    - Highly competitive salaries compared to region.
    - Benefits (medical/dental/vision/education/vacation) (there are more but I don't remember them at this moment)
    - Comfortable work conditions

Cons- Poor communication by mid-level management (in both style and in informative content)
    - Inadequate planning and implementation of change control throughout lower levels of the corporation. (Regional level and especially at the facility level)
    - Major discontinuities between the "Exempt" (salaried) and "Non-Exempt" (hourly) exist in the workforce in terms of privileges and opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow hourly employees the ability to be able to move into salaried ranks. Career development is very segregated between the two classes of employees. Many hourly employees do not see any reason to strive for improvement in themselves or the company as a result of the stratification and segregation.

Caring company, limited career progression opportunities

ProsThe company offers flexible working along with a generous holiday entitlement, allowing for an excellent work-life balance. Above average compensation is offered throughout most departments and the company diversity policy makes for a comfortable workplace.

ConsResources (the employees) are stretched particularly thin meaning that everyday can become a constant battle to keep on top of the workload. A real lack of career opportunities for most employees.

Worked for Kimberly-Clark? Contribute to the Community!