Kimberly-Clark

www.kimberly-clark.com
Employer Engaged

Great culture

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Caracas, Capital District (Venezuela)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Caracas, Capital District (Venezuela)

I worked at Kimberly-Clark full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great people and good work environment. The cross-function development program gives you the opportunity to experience other departments and shape your career

Cons

It's a challenging to be in a personal care company in Venezuela right now. More than half of the portofolio is under price control and there are many limitations with importations.

great place to work!!

I worked at Kimberly-Clark

Pros

great incentives, nice work environment, good work/life balance

Cons

a lots of meetings,

working at kimberly

Current Employee - SAP FI Consultant in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - SAP FI Consultant in Pune (India)

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Free environment. KC and HULJV

Cons

Good company, dictatorial approach by senior management. ego hurts KC culture by HUL people.

Great marketing internship experience

Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Kimberly-Clark

Pros

- Steep learning curve and a lot of exposure to the FMCG industry in which many marketing students would like to experience it
    - I was given quite a fair bit of freedom to do what I want and to provide suggestions to improve the brand while at the same time, receive guidance from my brand manager.
    - Get to meet with different agencies who work with us closely thus a good way of forming good networks with them
    - family oriented environment whereby everyone work closely with each other

Cons

I was just an intern so there was nothing bad about it

- Eventually, staffs may leave and the HR needs to go through rounds and rounds of interview. Think long-term rather than short-term by converting potential intern who show keen interest to work for the company. Their keen interest is not something that can be develop over a long time and that they are willing to stay long term for the company.

operations manager

I worked at Kimberly-Clark

Pros

develop people, care people,, safety standard, good benefit, clear objective, using erp system

Cons

sometimes had one man show style

be more objective in assessing performance of the employee

A good company to work for

Former Employee - QA Engineer in Lake Forest, CA (US)
    Former Employee - QA Engineer in Lake Forest, CA (US)

I worked at Kimberly-Clark

Pros

People, environment, cultures, leadership, benefit, vacation and sick time paid.

Cons

Not a lot opportunities to move up.

None

This is not your father's Kimberly-Clark!

I worked at Kimberly-Clark full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

With such a storied history, Kimberly-Clark had always been close-knit. The training was great and the people were great. You knew your team would support you no matter what. Not only were they leaders in the industry, but they allowed their leaders to lead.

Cons

Times have changed. Kimberly-Clark decided not to change with the times. The arrogance of feeling like they knew more than their customers reached an all time high last year. They forgot what success looked like. They forgot what it meant to be leaders. They promoted people that had no business leading teams. Just because you are "smart" about business does not mean that you cannot learn about the marketplace. There are way too many directors that get to use their voice when the should really use their ears.

Take a moment and really look at your Sales and Marketing leaders in your organization. Then look at the people in those roles 7 or 8 years ago. Who would you rather run the company? The people you have in place now, who are losing market share each year for the past 4 years? Or the folks from the past that built this company from hard work with great thoughts and relationships? Having been in the industry for two decades and knowing the teams - I know I would choose the people from the past who really knew their customers and how to sell the products. Marketing Leaders should believe in marketing. They should not be lead by sales professionals...not by engineers. The same holds true about Sales Leaders. They cannot be run by finance or by marketers. Keep people in roles that suit them! Trust the good ones to stay and do it right. Stop letting their voices be silenced thus forcing them to find a career with someone else!

Slow to innovate, very process driven

Former Employee - Brand Manager in Neenah, WI (US)
    Former Employee - Brand Manager in Neenah, WI (US)

I worked at Kimberly-Clark

Pros

Recognizable CPG brands, marketing structure, training classes, pay average yet good for area.

Cons

Excessively process oriented, strangles innovation. Marketing plans ahead in time, yet launches are not innovative enough, competition beats K-C every time with same or better products. Very passive-aggressive culture, do not know whom to trust in work place.

As focus has been bringing people from other CPG companies to K-C, need to weed out long-term marketing people since have old training process in place (those started as interns, ABMs). The old guard keeps growth stagnant, provides a negative work environment that is not focused on positive growth.

Good work-life balance

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark

Pros

Offers flexibility in work schedules

Cons

Limited growth and promotional opportunities

Improve new employee on-boarding

WAS a great place to work . . .

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Reigate, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Reigate, England (UK)

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark

Pros

I have worked at this company for 23 years and for most of those years the culture was loyal to employees while expecting a great deal of commitment and personal sacrifice, especially in terms of relocation. The wages were good, the benefits were top rate, you were held accountable but, arguably, there were some HR administrative processes that lacked standard work and leadership accountability. But all in all, a great place to work

Cons

Over the past 10 years, everything has changed. Market based compensation has meant that very few individuals get an annual salary handling. Benefits have been consistently cut year after year. Organizational redesigns have occurred with regularity every 20 - 30 months which has slashed the management workforce. And yet, we have brought in legions and layers of management from the outside, especially among the Marketing, HR and ITS community. Long service employees with consistently strong performance records are simply moved out.

Stop and take stock of what we are doing to this culture. We all appreciate a $110 stock price, but no at the expense of the soul of the company. Put the ONE back into ONE K-C