Konami

Be The First To
Add Photos

Konami Chairman, President, and CEO Kagemasa Kozuki

Kagemasa Kozuki

Fun people burdened by incomprehensible directives from overseas

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people are friendly and creative
    DDR Machine and recently released titles to play in the lobby
    Work with people and groups across the US and overseas
    Great office location

ConsOrders from the HQ in Japan come down and cannot be argued with, regardless of how much sense they make
    Upper management and execs in the US are often given little reign to react to their market
    Relies heavily on contractor labor with no benefits even for long term positions, but still ostracizes them

Advice to Senior ManagementI know your hands are largely tied. Maybe Japan will stop trying to suffocate you.

Great starting job as a software tester

QA Tester (Former Employee) El Segundo, CA (US)

ProsFriendly atmosphere that familiarizes you with the software development process while keeping a working environment that eases someone fresh out of college into the working world.

ConsChances of retaining extended employment as a QA Tester are not guaranteed. Check with your supervisor how long your contract will last so that you can have another job lined up if it does not look like they will extend your contract.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe upfront with QA contractors and let them know if their chances of acquiring an extended contract are low so that they can work lined up. Other than that it was a pleasure working with you all and I hope things are going well.

It's a good place for start.

Programmer (Current Employee) Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

ProsThere are good chances to make big games.

ConsThere are too much overtime work. It's hard to balance work with life.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't change too much.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great early experience

QA Tester (Former Employee) Redwood City, CA (US)

ProsThis was my second experience in the gaming industry that basically cemented me wanting to continue on into the industry. I loved the people that I got to work with and am still connected with some of them today. Some of the people that I worked with were promoted through the company and got to become Producers and Product Managers.

ConsThe fun corporate culture that I've since experienced at other companies seemed almost non existent at Konami. Very little development work is done at this office so there's not much control over the products.

Japanese company is out!

Programmer (Former Employee) Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

ProsIt's a big international company, made very good game title. The relationship between employer is very good.

ConsThe company didn't respect employer. The management is inefficiency. They only want to do some outsourcing work in China. They didn't know how to sell games in China.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey should follow the trend of game industry.

Top publisher/bottom employer

Executive (Current Employee) El Segundo, CA (US)

ProsAutonomy, good place to have worked.

ConsHorrible back end systems, lack of employee apprciation.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove your compensation, pay your bonuse, empwer and entrust your employees.

Worked for Konami? Contribute to the Community!