Kratos Defense & Security Solutions

Kratos Defense & Security Solutions Reviews

Updated 15 February 2015
Updated 15 February 2015
2.4

Kratos Defense & Security Solutions President, CEO, and Director Eric M. DeMarco
Eric M. DeMarco

I thoroughly enjoyed my time working with Kratos

I worked at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions

Pros

I enjoyed the people I worked with. I also enjoyed being challenges and allowed to pursue personal growth.

Cons

Sometimes communication from corporate was reactive vs. proactive.

Review 2015

I worked at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions

Pros

It is in business still.

Cons

Company does not have experience with big projects and their operational budget is way too reduced. Thus, an insignificant variation in the schedule is taken as a catastrophe. Schedule is "the work philosophy."
    However, when you are on the third or fourth tier and the project demands to control the tiers bellow you, which by the way have much more experience and have a lot of time in rodeos as this; then a crisis door is permanently open. It is now a battle in two fronts (upper and lower tiers). Perhaps the schedule is crushed (intentionally or unintentionally), then Kratos cannot stand the pressure. Even worst, when the operational budget depends on the success or not of another project... If as it happened, that project fails, then the whole organization suffers.

Toxic environment

Former Employee - Accounting Manager in Boston, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Accounting Manager in Boston, MA (US)

I worked at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Interesting work and challenging. So many problems which need to be repaired. this keeps you busy and hopping all the time

Cons

Management is weak. Great employees who want to excel at their jobs but know their hands are tied. they follow rules and processes without ever questioning right from wrong. Corporate believes employees are idiots and have previously stated that. Not much respect for lower-level employees. They are considered dispensable. Watch your back all the time and learn how to play the game. schmoozing is what it is all about.

Kratos looks bad with all of the hiring and firing to improve the appearance of SG & A. Hire the right people to get the job done properly and on time.

Worst Ever

Current Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good locations to get to work from freeway. Hard to write any other Pros to be factual and accurate.

Cons

Toxic, back stabbing work environment that allows inappropriate sexual misconduct to go on in the work place at PSS. Allowing employees to "sext" and send weird photos. Other women bragging about it at work and showing around the text messages on company phones. A joke of an interim regional VP who misbehaves with women via company cell phone and a president that knows. Complete chaos all the time.

Sort out the toxicity and lies. President is a joke of leadership. The constant turn over at PSS should tell you something about the work environment. Almost everyone is gone. Complete chaos.

Administrator

I worked at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions

Pros

Great entry into the field

Cons

Poor managment, untrustworthy personell practices, lots of promises made none carriered through

Start over

Security

I worked at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Large Corporation, decent benefits, Provides training.

Cons

Lack of leadership. in transition of management. Loss of key workforce.

Hire proper management

TERRIBLE CEO...LACK OF CUSTOMER FOCUS...POOR AREA REPUTATION

I worked at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions

Pros

Good colleagues
    Good work environment
    Good facilities
    Competitive employee benefits
    Good customers
    Competitive salaries

Cons

Poor contract base
    Inadequate backlog
    Weak marketing team
    Weak proposal team
    Lack of corporate guidance and focus
    Non-technical CEO
    Poor local reputation
    Poor local management...rarely sees or talks to customers...does not support local employees...has little control over operations
    Poor job security

Provide credible, local, senior management that interfaces daily with customers

Sr Designer for Military training simulators. Duties include wiring design and integration

Current Employee - Senior Designer in Orlando, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Designer in Orlando, FL (US)

I have been working at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very friendly environment and interesting work.

Cons

No real opportunities for advancement and salary if significantly lower than with past employers.

Use personnel in areas that they can feel rewarded.

Kratos-Dahlgren Location

Former Employee - Electrical Engineer in King George, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Electrical Engineer in King George, VA (US)

I worked at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Most of the Colleagues are nice and easy to get along with.

Cons

I was hired over the phone and not fully evaluated for the position I was put in. The company did not do an good job of placing me on the Navy base where I would succeed. The Navy base buildings were run down and nasty where they place me with no cell phone signal. Also no sick time off just paid time off in which vacation and sick time was rolled into one, so if you get sick you will take away from your vacation time.

When interviewing please properly ask interview questions that relate to the actually job the candidate will be doing. Conduct an phone screening plus flight or bring candidates in for face to face interview so he or she will get an better feel for the job and employer will get an feel for candidate to make sure it is an good fit.