Labor Ready

Updated 26 November 2014
Updated 26 November 2014
2.6

Steve Cooper

Pros
  • I was able to help temporary employees find work and sometimes full time positions (in 5 reviews)

• For many workers, assignments give workers an opportunity to try different kinds of work and as a means to obtaining full time employment (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Expects people to rearrange their schedules for a two hour assignment 40 minutes away that only pays minimum wage (in 10 reviews)

• Need to sharpen it to the company/goal and conduct real world training to the branch Managers (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

This company has the best employees. They are generous, kind, and the best part is they are really friendly

Current Employee - General Labor in Goodyear, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - General Labor in Goodyear, AZ (US)

I have been working at Labor Ready part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The employees are real friendly and helpfully

Cons

Hard to get where I need to go because I have to take the bus.

Making a difference one employee at a time

I have been working at Labor Ready

Pros

Rewarding work and ability to help people that are the most in need of a break.

Cons

Long hours and giant company communication breakdowns.

Don't be disappointed in results of your team, when you have not invested valuable coaching time.

Great company if you need cash today.

I worked at Labor Ready

Pros

Work today,get paid today.great deal.

Cons

You don't get paid a lot of money.

Convenient

Former Employee - Laborer in Austin, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Laborer in Austin, TX (US)

I worked at Labor Ready as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

If you are new in town, for some reason you can not find a job or if you don't have any special skills they can find a job for you very quickly and you get paid daily. They provide you with safety best and safety helmet if need it.

Cons

You get pay by the hour and the hourly rate is very low for the type of work. The work is very labor intense.

Laid off after 4 days

Current Employee - Laborer in North Hollywood, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Laborer in North Hollywood, CA (US)

I have been working at Labor Ready full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I was given assignments, where I had a chance after 2 years of unemployment and a year of homelessness after returning from overseas in the war to earn income.

It feels great to have money in your pocket to invest in the things that you enjoy.

The staff was friendly.

Cons

After being sent to multiple work assignments, where all of my tasks were done according to supervisor specifications, I was given "DO NOT RETURN" reviews from the Jobsite. After receiving two of these "DO NOT RETURNS" the branch location I was working through for 4 days said that "I am not able to return to their office anymore. The work is not for everyone." And "You almost lost us our contract with our customer."

The management said they "Didn't want to argue with me." Which is a nice way of saying "We don't care what you have to say, because we are right, and you are wrong no matter what." And said "You can go to another branch of Labor Ready, but do not come here ever again."

So, after not seeking any kind of reasoning for my not being asked to return to Jobsite's and after stating that I alone (an employee who had been working less than a week for the company) am the reason that their company almost lost out on a contract for a construction site, the management banned me from ever receiving work from them again.

Knowing the reason why I was given a "Do not return" from the most recent Jobsite, which I found out from the management themselves, who unfairly singled me out and painted a nasty picture from a photograph that had been taken on the Jobsite during my and the only other Labor Ready employee who was working with me on the site's 20 minute break (which we are given twice a day, per Labor Ready regulations [Exactly: 15 minutes, however our direct line supervisor at the Jobsite said 20 which we agreed on]) where I had taken a seat next to the other employee who was standing, in which point the management of Labor Ready said these exact works: "Why is one person working, and the other one sitting down?"

There is nothing positive I can say about the companies decision making policies after laying off employees who receive negative reviews from companies. If they decided to go the route of saying that I should make a correction or something should change on my part, it would make more sense. But no, this company decided to tell a homeless unemployed veteran who put his life in danger in the line of duty, that "This job is not for everyone" and I "Am not welcome to return to their office location ever again."

Worst temp agency ....EVER

Current Employee - Contractor in Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Contractor in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at Labor Ready as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

You usually get paid at the end of your shift

Cons

Most jobs would make a slave blush..the management is extremely rude and uneducated..most jobs are not temp-hire...the list goes on....

Listen to sensible opinions of your contractors,get off your "high horse"

It was ok it you want to make a quick buck and you get paid daily.

I have been working at Labor Ready as a contractor

Pros

Met Cool People. IT was interesting. 1 hour Lunches.

Cons

Last minute changes. 15 min breaks is not enough

PAY MORE FOR THESE LABORERS THEY DO THE DIRTY And Dangerous work!!!!!!!

Horrible Experieince

I worked at Labor Ready part-time

Pros

There are no pros to this job at all dont work here

Cons

They use a cell phone for almost every thing , very low pay on average 30 bucks a job

Do background checks on the companies who work with you guys and stop treating temps like crap

Learning many different job fields and gaining experience...

Current Employee - Driver/Laborer/Wearhouse in Sherwood, AR (US)
    Current Employee - Driver/Laborer/Wearhouse in Sherwood, AR (US)

I have been working at Labor Ready part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Help you with a wide range out work experience...

Cons

Just not enough work never not consistent...

Keep the workers on the same job when others don't show up for work.

If your desperate its a quick way to get some money working various labor assignments. T

Current Employee - General Labor
    Current Employee - General Labor

I have been working at Labor Ready full-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you are really hard up, its a quick way to get money. They pay you the same day. One assignment in particular turned out to be long term and I got lots of overtime. They text you everyday with the various job assignments.

Cons

Lately they have been limiting overtime. A lot of the jobs are dangerous and dirty. Most assignments only pay minimum wage.

Try to boost the pay. Some of the assignments involve very dangerous heavy lifting and you risking injury for minimum wage.

Labor Ready Photos

Working for Labor Ready means that you have many different kinds of jobs available.
We work with customers in a variety of industries.
One of our branch managers on a job site.

+ Add Photo