LanguageLine Solutions

Updated 18 August 2014

2.2

LanguageLine Solutions President & CEO Scott W. Klein
Scott W. Klein

Pros
  • I work from home I don't care about paid holiday or sick leave (in 62 reviews)

• I'm able to work from home and able to help people (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • No benefits either or anything to show appreciation (in 24 reviews)

• Low salary (minimum wage) , No benefits, No paid vacation or sickness (in 18 reviews)

More Highlights

Decent Company

Current Employee - Supervisor  in  Panamá (Panama)
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Panamá (Panama)

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pros where the OT hrs and benefits, basically you get what you give don't expect much but offer stability

Cons

Adherence and calls, try to show employees you care, no that they are all just numbers and quality scores. I believe also certain calls we handle that are not suited for the pay grade.

Just be a bit more humane

Bring work place politics home?

Current Employee - All Call Spanish Interpreter  in  Monterey, CA (US)
    Current Employee - All Call Spanish Interpreter in Monterey, CA (US)

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Telecommute -- skip the rush hour traffic along with the wardrobe and lunch expenses
    Good start up training

Cons

Barely competitive wage, no flex time or paid time off.

This is a specialized service which requires specialized skills. Performance suffers when one is @ 99.9% occupancy. It is counterproductive to slam the que with back to back calls 99% of the time. Take better care of your people, A few years ago you offered better incentives for growth from within,

Convenient Work at home employment

Current Employee - Spanish Interpreter
    Current Employee - Spanish Interpreter

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

You are an employee not a contractor. Everything is phone based and training was computer and phone based. The variety of calls makes the day interesting and your day goes quickly.

Cons

Once you select your schedule when hired they refuse to allow you to change it. You can never reach your assigned manager when questions arise. You are the last to know of changes that affect you. No true communication with employees...at lease the home based ones...maybe its better if you work at a call center.

Working from home is very different then working from a call center. I wish the company would be more willing to work with the schedule changes when there are legitimate reasons for the change.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Learning

Former Employee - Interpreter  in  Monterey, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Interpreter in Monterey, CA (US)

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

To improve language skills and to help others

Cons

Not knowing the vocabulary. Call center environment

Let people breath. Improve their benefits. Respect their space

Gave me an opportunity to work from home.

Former Employee - Telephonic Interpreter
    Former Employee - Telephonic Interpreter

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions part-time for more than a year

Pros

Easy job, no commute if you are an at-home employee, direct deposit.

Cons

no paid vacation, benefits are expensive

Flexible, convenient work at home employment.

Current Employee - All-call Interpreter
    Current Employee - All-call Interpreter

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible schedule and you get to work from home. No commute. No office clothing to buy. No nossy coworkers. Interviews and training is over the phone and online.

Cons

Once you reach the All Call position that's it, that is the top level. No paid time off. No sick days. No increase in pay. No motivation. No incentives.

A good job

Current Employee - Interpreter
    Current Employee - Interpreter

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time

Pros

I think the pay rate varies between the different languages and the benefits varies between states. For example if you speak a language that's high on demand like Spanish but at the same time A LOT of people are bilingual in English and Spanish therefore the competition is high so if you're not good at your job (especially if you're a contractor) they can easily replace you especially in this rough economy with unemployment rate so high. As for benefits that varies by state employers are not required by law to give employees additional benefit beside the benefits that's required by that state. I work from home I don't care about paid holiday or sick leave. I work the morning shift starting from 6am so I get off around 2:30 that gives me a whole day left to do whatever I want. Mylanguage is in demand but not many people can speak my language and English fluently therefore it's not as easy to replace us. IF YOU'RE A GOOD INTERPRETER THEY LEAVE YOU ALONE. I see a lot of people complaining about people management and client being mean. I personally have never had a complaint filed against me. Actually many doctors have asked for me personally to do interpreting for them when they call in. It's about doing your job well. Now let's talk about the pay. Again the pay varies by language. When I first started working for LLS during provisional I was paid $14hr (minimum wage in California is only $9hr) so the pay isn't bad. After provisional I get paid $9hr but for every minute I'm on the phone I get $0.40 per minute within an hour I'm on the phone usually for 50minutes (there are times between calls) now you do the math. That's not a bad pay at all. I made the decision to be an employee instead of a contractor because 1. They forward all the calls to the employees first (contractors gets calls when all employees are busy). 2. Job security, it is easier to let a contractor go than an employee. 3. The way difference between a contractor and an employee is $0.10. I'd rather be an employee and get more calls which makes me more money and get the job security plus a 401k. Hope thos info helps.

Cons

Few over time. In California over time is a time and a half so I like over time

Worst company you can ever work for

Current Employee - Customer Service Interpreter  in  San Diego, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Interpreter in San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions part-time for more than a year

Pros

work at home,at least in my case they told me to choose my schedule (hours,days.full time part time)

Cons

Very hard to change schedule once it is chosen.Very low pay,over worked employees,horrible leadership,no support whatsoever to everyday work needs

Please allow all Interpreters to rate SLS,IOM,AGENTS,IRC.We would be able to work so much better if all the areas of need are addressed in every single department ,not only the interpreting department

over the phone interpreter

Current Employee - Over the Phone Interpreter
    Current Employee - Over the Phone Interpreter

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

working from home, flexible schedule

Cons

no benefits, no feedback, they lay you off from one day to the next, no notification what so ever. low wages

A Job for Beginner Interpreters

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions as a contractor

Pros

The only perk is work from home, no other benefits

Cons

$$7-10 an hour job.
    Can't afford being sick.

No comment

Worked for LanguageLine Solutions? Contribute to the Community!