LifeCare Hospitals

Add Photos

CEO WORTHLESS AND HAS SURROUNDED HIMSELF WITH MINDLESS FOLLOWERS

Management (Former Employee)

I worked at LifeCare Hospitals full-time for more than 3 years

ProsHumm, give me a minute

ConsManagement from the Local CEO Down completely cliqueish, undereducated and undertrained. In short a complete clusterfunk. The CEO shows up less than 50% of the time, blows hot air, his management team, with only a notable exception or two, is made up of third stringers that couldn't get hired anywhere else. Corporate tolerates and condones this.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire yourselves

ok for a start

I have been working at LifeCare Hospitals for less than a year

Prossmall , some flexibility, no one to bother you if you like to work alone

Constoo much work , not enough man power, everything falls on you head , leaders dont care, jst want the jobs done

Advice to Senior Managementvisit and treat each department equally

Horrendous Patient Conditions-DON'T LEAVE YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS HERE

I have been working at LifeCare Hospitals full-time

ProsNONE- They could care less about their patients

ConsI would give them a zero if possible. My dad went there because he has COPD and pneumonia. He has dementia as well. They kept him under "restraints" keeping his arms tied to the bed his entire stay which was about a month. He came out with serious bed sores, toe fungus, toenails an inch too long and bleeding, continued pneumonia because they kept him strapped down like an animal, and would rarely feed him because they kept him tied to the bed so he couldn't feed himself. He was lucky if someone showed up to feed him. DON'T SEND YOUR LOVED ONES HERE. THEY SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your patients for a change. The state should shut all of these down.

learning experience

Health Care Provider (Former Employee)
San Antonio, TX (US)

I worked at LifeCare Hospitals full-time for more than 10 years

Prosteamwork educational,teaching hospital,comfort care,compassion always a challeng,pts contions constantly changing and knowing what to do.

Consdoctors at times didn't want to listen to me they had a god complex,lazy nurses,nurses that did not know what they were doing.

Advice to Senior Managementit is not all about sticking to a budget it's call caring for the pt.

Horrendous!!!! They do not care about there employees at all!!!!!

Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee)
Mechanicsburg, PA (US)

I have been working at LifeCare Hospitals

ProsI'm sorry but the only reason I work for them is because our previous co was purchased by them & I had no choice. I was optimistic when they took over but that is gone. There horrible & could care less about there employees & in turn that directly reflects on how much they care about the patients in the facility

ConsAbsolutely everything!!!!! The turn over since they came is insane & they just don't care. They cut our hours tremendously & being a hired full time employee being forced to use all our PTO & dealing w unacceptable loss of hours( like 20-25 per pay) has really taken it's toll on everyone. They treat us like slaves wanting 1 person to handle a patient load of like 15-20 patients is not ok nor safe. All they care about is there bottom line apparently not realising that the employees are the face of there hospital & when u work them to death & treat them like garbage how are we supposed todo our job adequately & gi e the patients the care they allare paying for & deserve. I wouldn't recommend anyone to this hospital & that is very sad because before they came along I as well as many others loved there job now it's just where we go to pay our bills. I've talked to corporate regarding this & they don't care In the least.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow the people who run your hospital (ie the employees) the respect we've earned & deserve & know it's not all about you. The patients are the priority & maybe if u wanted your hospital to be more successful you would act that way. I wish someone would take your hours from youikd you've done to us so you could see what your doing

my " rose colored glasses" fell off !

Employee (Current Employee)
San Antonio, TX (US)

I have been working at LifeCare Hospitals

Pros~for the most part, excellent coworkers.
~great doctors, nutritionist, administration, case management, nice building.

Cons~bullying towards employees by loudmouth employees.
~direct/indirect harassment from management.....this is unexceptable.
~ tolerance for those employees who constantly decide not to show up to work.
~as of late,EMPLOYEE/PATIENT SAFETY..lousy working equipment/ adjusting the nursing to patient ratio for PROPER correct care.
~not backing up your employees.
~correcting or repremanding employees in public....REMEMBER ...you were there once.
~backlash/or just plain lying when coming to some mamnagement with problems and/or questions

Advice to Senior Management~to the ceo...this is a great hospital, please take care of/keep in touch with your staff who have direct care with your patients. we need to be physically,mentally and spiritually healthy to better serve our patients....thank you....remember the mission statement....and i think it will get and stay a fantastic place to work and be if your the patient.

I would be proud to recommend LifeCare to anyone because it is a great organization!!

I have been working at LifeCare Hospitals

ProsThey care about your thoughts and feelings. They promote growth in the company. They provide excellent patient care. I would bring my family here for treatment. You receive support from Corporate down and you are not just a number.

ConsI would like to see the company continue to grow and become number one in the nation.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep rewarding the employees and holding people accountable and promoting team work because we know it works.

The "no tolerance policy" should be "we tolerate aggresive,abusive,and disruptive behaviors"

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)

I have been working at LifeCare Hospitals

ProsGreat co-workers, long time friendships.

ConsBeing told to clock out and then finish my work. Being yelled at in front of my peers. Being so disruptive on a daily basis that it is almost impossible to get work done. Everyday having a different focus on a new process none which envoles patient care. Being pitted against other departments. Only caring about how many patients we can get in an not about taking care of the ones we have, and finally you only have a chance for promotion if your a male.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport the hospital as a whole, and open your eyes to what's really going on.

Great co-workers, lousy management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Pewaukee, WI (US)

I worked at LifeCare Hospitals

ProsStaff and immediate supervisors are great to work with. I met some really wonderful people in the time I worked there. There were also some great educational opportunities.

ConsThe people in upper management had a lot of turnover in time that I worked there. 3 CEO's, 3 DON's, 3 HR managers in less than 2 years. There is a culture of employees blaming each other and stabbing one another in the back. Gossiping is widespread; it is a very toxic work environment if you are not in with the popular crowd. I have never worked in such a place that felt like I was back in high school.

Advice to Senior ManagementAddress conflicts and gossiping. Having a policy of "Zero tolerance" means nothing if you allow slander and back stabbing on a daily basis. Listen to the staff. Recognize that staff needs support in order to do the best job.

Awesome co workers, lousy management

I have been working at LifeCare Hospitals

ProsGreat co workers, supportive immediate supervisors

ConsComplete lack of respect and appreciation for hourly employees, constant change in policy and procedures without impact evaluation, a "blame the employee" mentality when things go wrong without considering staffing and resource deficits, accomadation of one group of employees at teh expense of others.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage HONEST feedback from employees, consider the possibility that we do our jobs every day, we may have a good idea of what works and what doesn't. Quit playing divide and conquer by pittng shifts and rotations against one another. Focus on real issues, instead of using created ones as a smolescreen.

Worked for LifeCare Hospitals? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LifeCare Hospitals reviews and ratings. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by LifeCare Hospitals employees.