Lifestyle Lift

Updated Jul 12, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Steve Higginbotham

Great opportunity to make a positive improvement in people's lives.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Troy, MI (US)

ProsThe company focused on training their consultants with EPIC (Every Patient Interaction Counts). Giving every patient that walks through their doors the best experience in a manner that was inline with how each individual patient 'wanted' to be treated (based on a questionnaire given to patients upon arrival). The culture was friendly and an enjoyable place to work.

ConsThere were many disconnects with communication from home office in Troy to the field. Not everyone at the home office was in touch with what was going on in the various offices throughout the country; they were more focused on the 'numbers' than what driving factors were behind variances. They became the nation's largest facial plastic surgery company, but did too much expansion rather than focusing on innovation to keep ahead of the curve. Thus leading to a major downsizing and restructuring.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to what the people in the centers input and ideas are. This was something that appeared on the outside to happen, but there was no follow-through.

Good job but very repetitive

Prosbenefits, compensation, great interaction with patients, great doctors, a great service

Conswork on saturdays, management can be all over the place

Overworked, under paid and under appreciated.

Surgicall Tech (Former Employee)

ProsCo-workers were generally nice people.

ConsManagement only cared that shifts were covered and did care that some employees were there 50-70 hrs per week staying late up to 11pm and back by 6am, everyday except sunday, week after week, month after month. The "schedual" was NEVER adhered to thus one could never really make plans. Complaints were were handled as "whinning" rather than legitimate and creating hardships for people.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees better and you get better employees. Take into account the entire employees work ethic and skills when judging mistakes. Loyalty, realiability, excellent work ethic need to be concidered when an error is made, everyone is human and make mistakes.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Unstable and uncertain

ProsAt one point, the company had promise of a great future.

ConsThe company has been driven to the ground by the owner and lack of leadership.

I loved working there and would return!!

Surgical Tech (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsCompensation and on-boarding process was excellent! The staff was very helpful to the patients and it was a team friendly working environment!

ConsWas laid off without warning when told that our jobs were secure.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire another physician in the Atlanta office so that I can return to work!! :-)

Lifestyle Lift has been a pretty good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Troy, MI (US)

ProsWith EPIC (ever patient interaction counts) they have tried to make a fun and positive environment that trickles down to the patient interactions to make a positive impact.

ConsVery little confidence in the owners direction of the company. Decisions are made without thinking them through and figuring out what really needs to get done to make the vision a reality.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management does not seem to all be on the same page and pointed in a well thought out direction on exactly where the company needs to go and what needs to be done to get us there.

Went from great to catastrophic

Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsMeet great people. Get to make people look and feel better about themselves

ConsOn the fast track to distruction.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up!

Very disappointing...

Consultant (Former Employee) Burlington, MA (US)

ProsYou can work in a clean, comfortable , quiet environment. You're given paid training to start and required to participate in on-going training which can be both pro and con. You dress comfortably (but professionally) and you don't work late hours.

ConsUnrealistic goals, co-workers "stealing" sales, poor management, temperamental surgeons. You have to assign new patients to all surgeons equally, even if you don't believe they all are similarly skilled.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo the right thing, not the easy thing. Too much emphasis on making money at the expense of the client.

EPIC

ProsCaring people who want to change their patients lives. Passionate teams who work hard to make it happen!

ConsI can't say there are any. It's a caring environment and internally and externally you can feel the common respect!

Advice to Senior ManagementStreamline some of the communication - some times less is more. All execs want to say there piece but it isn't always necessary.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

No lunch, greedy owner

Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsJob itself is not difficult, pleasant environment and good people at the center level.

ConsRidiculous scheduling (how can a consultant be in 3 places at once?), no lunch/breaks, money spent on ridiculous things with little attention to rewarding employees, "hero to zero": mentally from one day to the next.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet real! Get out of the ivory tower and looking at ridiculous metrics, stop spending money on ridiculous false advertising propaganda, and start appreciating employees! Too many ridiculous conference calls, too little compensation, too many chiefs.

Worked for Lifestyle Lift? Contribute to the Community!