Lifestyle Lift

Updated 22 January 2015
Updated 22 January 2015
2.2

Dean Akers

Pros
  • Great place to learn useful skills to apply in a job situation that will actually allow for personal growth (in 3 reviews)

• From a customer service point of view, that corporate model works very well, and provides great comfort to patients and their families (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • MASSIVE LAY OFFS NATIONWIDE due to poor Management (in 3 reviews)

• They treat the employees very badly (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

Stop the madness

Former Employee - Traveling Consultant
    Former Employee - Traveling Consultant

I worked at Lifestyle Lift part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Helping people who otherwise couldn't afford facial plastic surgery attain their dream of looking better.

Cons

This company grew too fast and didn't control the purse strings. Now innocent and hardworking employees are paying the price.

Sell it before more people lose their jobs and benefits!

Treatment consutant

Former Employee - Treatment Consultant in Bridgeport, CT (US)
    Former Employee - Treatment Consultant in Bridgeport, CT (US)

I worked at Lifestyle Lift full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good hourly and commission bonus

Cons

No scheduled lunch .. Slammed with clients.. Pushed to sell.

Focus on less on sales and more the client experience

Mixed messages and terrible leadership

I worked at Lifestyle Lift full-time (more than an year)

Pros

At the center level, not a bad place to work and very rewarding helping people see their dreams of a more youthful appearance come true.

Cons

Terrible (understatement!) upper management, a greedy erratic personality at the helm, "Ivory Tower" thinking on the part of the corporate officers, and no regard for employees whatsoever. Staff changes are nearly daily without any obvious rhyme or reason. People/employees are as dispensable as a bag of trash to this company. Lots of false/misleading advertising, and mixed messages galore ("We're in great shape financially" one day, and "in dire straits" the next).

Learn to communicate (and proofread before sending anything in writing), value employees and clients/patients, and consider this a people oriented industry, not an assembly line revolving around making the owner a billionaire. The concept may have been innovative years and years ago, but it no longer is.

Sales Consultant - High turn over due to poor management and surgery results

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Tampa, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Tampa, FL (US)

I worked at Lifestyle Lift

Pros

Nationally known with locations in many states

Cons

Extreme and constant changes regarding pricing, advertising, commissions and transparency regarding their financial stability. Company increased prices last year from $3999 to $9200 for a simple mini face lift which you can get at a reputable plastic surgeon for $5000. Their advertising went down to NONE! No more TV ads, and Debbie Boone is no longer their spokesperson because they could not afford to pay her. Doctors don't like to deal with problems if patient does not have the results they were told and since they signed off on suing the company there is very little resources available after the surgery.

Close your doors and stop pretending things will improve next month. For the better part of 2013 and all of 2014 the company has been digging it's on hole in the ground and it will take a miracle to stay afloat. The service that you offer is no longer competitive or valuable and your doctors only show up if they have a scheduled surgery.

Lots of change, and not for the better.

Former Employee - Office Manager
    Former Employee - Office Manager

I worked at Lifestyle Lift full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

When the company has certain people in place in upper management, employee moral was up, there was constant learning and a great corporate culture.

Cons

They don't respect work/life balance and personal time.
    Salary was not competitive.
    Upper management micromanaged to excess.
    Employees were very cliquey and if you weren't friends with your boss you were treated differently.
    Too much gossip and you never know who to trust.

Bring back some of the old values. Encourage and empower your employees instead of tearing them down. Stand behind your managers.

I really can't believe they allow one person to treat their employees so horrible, it's sad.

I worked at Lifestyle Lift

Pros

The patients, co workers, seeing the results when the doctors change lives, getting the opportunity to help people

Cons

Management!! Revolving door of excellent sales people & staff because of management & HR does nothing!!! Bullying, playing favorites, unprofessional, unethical, horrible back stabbing, greed.

Employee Retention should mean something!! Higher ups pay attention when you lose a lot of amazing sales people from one center maybe you should look at management.

Started out great 3 years ago but bad management by doctor owner destroyed the financial stability

Former Employee - Managing Consultant in Birmingham, AL (US)
    Former Employee - Managing Consultant in Birmingham, AL (US)

I worked at Lifestyle Lift full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Generous salary plus commissions. Ability to purchase additional time off and good fringe benefits

Cons

lots of layoffs without warnings! Job became part time with no benefits. Doctor owner kept bringing in questionable "sales management" every4to 6 months so pricing and doctor turnover became crazy

Sell it before you kill it completely

Best job I've ever had.

Current Employee - Surgical Technician in Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Current Employee - Surgical Technician in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I have been working at Lifestyle Lift full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people I work with are amazing and I absolutely love what I do. I get to have more of a relationship with patients in this setting than if I worked in a hospital. We really try to make them feel special and that's a very rewarding part of my position.

Cons

I have concerns about the ownership of the company. In the beginning there was tremendous growth and possibilities seemed endless and we were all very excited. Then things seemed to fall apart and hours were cut. I don't want to leave but I don't feel as secure here as I once did. No raises in over a year either.

Keep employees in the loop on how the company is doing. We will invest as much as you do. I care about this place and want it to succeed but we need to feel like the company cares about us as well.

Joke

I worked at Lifestyle Lift

Pros

Great money...poor management from corporate to the center .

Cons

You lie to innocent people

Dont take your staff drinking..then fire them