LinQuest Reviews

Updated 25 April 2015
16 reviews filtered by
3.7
Leon Biederman

1. Good people. good work, becoming too "corporatized"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I worked at LinQuest

Pros

Great people and good work. Projects I worked on were usually very interesting.

Cons

Corporate culture was getting too formal, less familiar. Corporate rules from top management were intended to grow the company into more mainstream, but generally took power from the lower management where it had historically resided. Rather than allowing managers to manage their people according to the needs of the team, everything started to become more top-down directed.

Advice to Management

Trust your lower managers. If you don't trust them to manage people and projects, why did you put them in that position?

2. Overall positive experience, with valuable insight gained working more closely with our customers.

I have been working at LinQuest full-time

Pros

Laid back and not too stressful, lots of skilled engineers, some flexibility in schedule, decent benefits

Cons

Salaries a bit lower than other similar companies, management not very open regarding business operations/internal workings. Lack of variety in job positions.

Advice to Management

Be more proactive in informing employees about business goals and company direction, and allow additional opportunities for employee inputs in this area.

Good working environment and good people, although some higher levels of management can be difficult to deal with.

Former Employee - Operations Engineer in Colorado Springs, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Operations Engineer in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I worked at LinQuest full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits, good people, good work, ability to move around within the company (depending on type of work and job skills)

Cons

As the company is growing it is becoming increasingly bureaucratic. Policies are becoming more constraining with less flexibility given to lower management.

Principal Systems Engineer

Current Employee - Principal Systems Engineer in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Principal Systems Engineer in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at LinQuest full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

People are great to work with

Cons

very little advancement and promotion opportunities. Upper management/leadership seem to be unconcerned and removed from employees, very far removed especially from a small business environment. CEO in position too long, ideas and business model is out of date. Not grooming younger engineers into management/leadership positions.

Advice to Management

Dont just say people come first then conduct a business environment which shows just the opposite.

6. Good place to work

Former Employee - Corporate Engineer in Lexington, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Corporate Engineer in Lexington, MA (US)

I worked at LinQuest full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoyed working with my colleagues there as well as the customer, Group 64 at the MIT Lincoln Laboratory.

Cons

I cannot think of any serious cons. However, my job had me working on site at MIT Lincoln Laboratory and aside from three colleagues who were on site with me, I did not have much interaction with LinQuest itself.

Advice to Management

None

7. Fair experience

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at LinQuest full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Profit Sharing is good. Some of the managers are good and they seem to care about the employees. Employees are more technically competent than the industry average.

Cons

Working hours are less flexible than the industry norm. No sick leave and minimal vacation time is provided even to salaried employees.

Advice to Management

More flexible time work hours are needed to keep the employees happy

A good work environment but too dependent on government's dwindling funding

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Colorado Springs, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I have been working at LinQuest full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Surrounded by professionals who really want to provide the best customer service to the government. Great tracking tools make it easy to show the customer what they get for their money.

Cons

Due to the sequestration and the current government Administration defense spending cuts, the company just eliminated 47% of employees (on one contract effort) and then asked the remaining employees to take on more work at 20% less pay. Also, there are no opportunities for upward professional growth. If you're hired as an analyst, you've peaked on day 1.

Advice to Management

Diversify! The company must expand into ventures other than defense contracting if they want to survive. Look to provide management consulting services to growning industries like health care.

They have lost their way

Current Employee - Principal Systems Engineer in El Segundo, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Principal Systems Engineer in El Segundo, CA (US)

I have been working at LinQuest full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good, smart people and the pay is very good. LinQuest is like a Ferrari when it comes to the brain power there. No other company has such a high concentration of advanced degrees and leaders in their field.

Cons

LinQuest does not use the talent they have. They are too reliant on government contracts (all eggs in one basket) during this time of defense spending cuts. In the early days they used to be go-getters and risk takers. They tried to reach out for challenges since they were growing. Now, it's more of the hunker down and protect the billable hours.

Advice to Management

Go back to your roots. You have 25 PhDs and almost 200 Masters employees. Use that brain power and come up with some R&D to give LinQuest an actual product on the commercial side. Don't just use your people as Powerpoint desk jockeys.

10. Good relationship with employees and management and respect of the Customer for the company efforts

Former Employee - Coprprate Engineer in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Coprprate Engineer in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at LinQuest full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent environment, good employees with great expertise working on exciting programs and projects

Cons

Small company with limited chance on moving within the company when projects/programs ebb and surge

11. My experience

Former Employee - Proposal Manager in Dayton, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Proposal Manager in Dayton, OH (US)

I worked at LinQuest full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Members of the BD staff are great to work with and support each other when necessary. good benefits and the salary was fair

Cons

From my point of view, there isn't anything that I found negative