LinQuest

Updated Apr 24, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Leon Biederman

Good working environment and good people, although some higher levels of management can be difficult to deal with.

Operations Engineer (Former Employee) Colorado Springs, CO (US)

ProsGood benefits, good people, good work, ability to move around within the company (depending on type of work and job skills)

ConsAs the company is growing it is becoming increasingly bureaucratic. Policies are becoming more constraining with less flexibility given to lower management.

Principal Systems Engineer

Principal Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsPeople are great to work with

Consvery little advancement and promotion opportunities. Upper management/leadership seem to be unconcerned and removed from employees, very far removed especially from a small business environment. CEO in position too long, ideas and business model is out of date. Not grooming younger engineers into management/leadership positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementDont just say people come first then conduct a business environment which shows just the opposite.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Good place to work

Corporate Engineer (Former Employee) Lexington, MA (US)

ProsI enjoyed working with my colleagues there as well as the customer, Group 64 at the MIT Lincoln Laboratory.

ConsI cannot think of any serious cons. However, my job had me working on site at MIT Lincoln Laboratory and aside from three colleagues who were on site with me, I did not have much interaction with LinQuest itself.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fair experience

Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsProfit Sharing is good. Some of the managers are good and they seem to care about the employees. Employees are more technically competent than the industry average.

ConsWorking hours are less flexible than the industry norm. No sick leave and minimal vacation time is provided even to salaried employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore flexible time work hours are needed to keep the employees happy

A good work environment but too dependent on government's dwindling funding

Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Colorado Springs, CO (US)

ProsSurrounded by professionals who really want to provide the best customer service to the government. Great tracking tools make it easy to show the customer what they get for their money.

ConsDue to the sequestration and the current government Administration defense spending cuts, the company just eliminated 47% of employees (on one contract effort) and then asked the remaining employees to take on more work at 20% less pay. Also, there are no opportunities for upward professional growth. If you're hired as an analyst, you've peaked on day 1.

Advice to Senior ManagementDiversify! The company must expand into ventures other than defense contracting if they want to survive. Look to provide management consulting services to growning industries like health care.

They have lost their way

Principal Systems Engineer (Current Employee) El Segundo, CA (US)

ProsGood, smart people and the pay is very good. LinQuest is like a Ferrari when it comes to the brain power there. No other company has such a high concentration of advanced degrees and leaders in their field.

ConsLinQuest does not use the talent they have. They are too reliant on government contracts (all eggs in one basket) during this time of defense spending cuts. In the early days they used to be go-getters and risk takers. They tried to reach out for challenges since they were growing. Now, it's more of the hunker down and protect the billable hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to your roots. You have 25 PhDs and almost 200 Masters employees. Use that brain power and come up with some R&D to give LinQuest an actual product on the commercial side. Don't just use your people as Powerpoint desk jockeys.

Good relationship with employees and management and respect of the Customer for the company efforts

Coprprate Engineer (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsExcellent environment, good employees with great expertise working on exciting programs and projects

ConsSmall company with limited chance on moving within the company when projects/programs ebb and surge

My experience

Proposal Manager (Former Employee) Dayton, OH (US)

ProsMembers of the BD staff are great to work with and support each other when necessary. good benefits and the salary was fair

ConsFrom my point of view, there isn't anything that I found negative

Great pay, work on your own.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Diego, CA (US)

ProsCompensation is above the norm for work in this field. Workspace environment is very nice.

ConsSenior management solely focuses on systems engineering overlooking other areas of growth for the company. Mid-level managers are very supportive.

Excellent place to work

Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsLinquest is an excellent company to work. Pay & benefits are very good. Linquest has a top notch system engineers.

ConsLinquest does not believe in training the employee to enhanced their skills. I know few employees who paid for the training from their own pocket.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement - It is time to start investing in the employee training. Stop hiring junior engineer, you are destroying the core value of the company.

Worked for LinQuest? Contribute to the Community!