Lincare Holdings

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

John P. Byrnes

Pros:
  • "can be a decent entry level position to get some experience before moving on"
    in 5 reviews
  • "The compensation is good and they take care of their sales reps"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "Upper management has lost sight of the roots of it's business - their employees"
    in 26 reviews
  • "in the span of 5 years we went through 6 Sales Reps"
    in 20 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Too much to do...Too little time!.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe satisfaction I get when completing a project well done.

ConsVery little team work but plenty of contempt.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect and encouraging comments to hard working employee's who are deserving.

Too many expectations to perform and exceed but not enough compensation for the grief received

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLarge enough company and every center operates more or less independently. Corporate leadership is varied and seems to be genuinely interested in growth.

ConsBenefits are minimal and each office has a different environment from the other. Each location competes rather than cooperates with each other which filters down to the staff level. Very poor moral in some locations. Too much work with the constant micro-management from above to exceed expectations.

good

Medical Deliverey Driver (Former Employee)
Cooperstown, NY (US)

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time for more than a year

ProsThis was a good place to work because of flexibility. I enjoyed working here because of the flexibility and the hours were good

Conson call on the week ends. every other. This was one of a few cons for working here.

It was a valuable learning experience.

I have been working at Lincare Holdings

ProsWill help prepare you for any job in the market. If you can be successful here you can be successful anywhere.

ConsBonus structure could be better.

Job satisfaction relies heavily on who you have as managers

Lincare Sales Representative (Former Employee)
Boise, ID (US)

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time for less than a year

Prosexcellent training, encouraged to work independently, part of a team

Constreat sales force w/disdain, create multiple hurdles to get commissions.

Advice to Senior Managementseek insights from the sales force on the street before making knee-jerk decisions

Horrible corporate office! Zero respect

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time

ProsAbsolutely nothing except for the coworkers who are all fed up with the same stuff, there is nothing to do but ban together.

ConsCulture and tone at the top is disgraceful! This company has a long way to go if they want to keep good talented employees! Respect is non existent from supervisors/management. No communication within or between departments. Salary employees treated like hourly(more like kindergarteners). You have to swipe in and out of the building and they are always monitoring when you come and go so they can use it against you not to give you the raise you deserve. Quoted from my supervisor "they[VP,Directors,management] are always watching you". Management is spineless, passive aggressive, two faced, unqualified and ignorant. No one in there right mind would stay there and that's why they're going to keep seeing people quit! The work was easy, and that made it boring. No room to advance, all staff employees. They don't want to have to pay you more money! Please do yourself a favor and don't work here, the market is hot right now. Do your research and find a company that values their employees, and rewards hard work and treats you like a professional.HR is clueless or they have a clue and don't care, which is even worse. It is like the wild wild west, I don't see the point in HR when management does, says and acts however they want.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's not ok to take advantage of people. Grow a pair, don't get other people to do your dirty work for you and hide in your office!

Valuable experience, terrible company

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time for more than 8 years

ProsEmployees master the art of stress management. After the experience working for Lincare, you are given the tools to handle working anywhere.

ConsMistreatment by upper management. High turn over, terrible company to work for.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop putting under qualified, uneducated people in area management roles.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Review from (5 + years) Employee

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time for more than 5 years

ProsDo your research before accepting a position with this company.

ConsTraining and tools to be successful in hired positions are lacking. There is a high turn over of employees. Upper management has lost sight of the roots of it's business - their employees. An unreasonable amount of responsibilities are placed on limited staff. Low wages and pay.

Extremely Disappointing

I worked at Lincare Holdings

ProsI enjoyed working with a couple people in my immediate area.

ConsPromotions are issued based on friendships only, not skill or hard work. Upper management is lacking formal education. Horrible management of product availability.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees on the front line. I read many reviews and decided to take a chance with Lincare. It was nothing short of a complete waste of a year of my life.

Good industry, archaic & narrow-minded upper management

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
California City, CA (US)

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time for more than a year

ProsGood industry & very good level of patient focus & care

ConsLincare upper management consider employees very disposable....very high turn-over of employees at Lincare. Employees are overworked and underpaid and have to work with archaic computer systems. Lots more cons

Advice to Senior ManagementTake off your blinders and put energy towards employee retention-would be good for bottom line.

Worked for Lincare Holdings? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lincare Holdings reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Lincare Holdings CEO John P. Byrnes. All 163 reviews are posted anonymously by Lincare Holdings employees.