Lincoln Financial Group

Lincoln Financial Group Reviews

Updated Apr 11, 2014

Lincoln Financial Group President, CEO, and Director Dennis R. Glass

Dennis R. Glass

Pros:
  • "Great benefits, very competitive pay, good work/life balance"
    in 13 reviews
  • "If you can hang onto this job then there are great benefits including tuition reimbursement which is very important"
    in 21 reviews
Cons:
  • "Recognition of work life balance seems to be declining sharply"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Just implemented a new system for career advancement opportunities that helped with any cons I would have"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Decent....Maybe

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits and 401k contribution

ConsMicromanaged, poor work/live ratio, Poor work environment

Family oriented

Benefit Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat benefits. Flexible. Wonderful staff. Everyone is a hard worker.

ConsPeople are work there for decades. so newbies have to work really hard to fit in.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the new employees on how to be integrated to the group better.

Do not give up your career to come here!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group

Pros401k match middle management is OK and just stuck in the middle of big egos from SVP's above them.

ConsThe HR department is a joke. The team is not innovative. They are mean to new people that start. Senior leadership is unwilling to give guidance they are more worried about their pay checks and how much money they make. The company is broken into different sections each area operating under their own guidelines. There is no standardization throughout the company. The culture is horrible. Advice DO NOT leave your company to come here you will be at a dead stop!

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease fire your SVP's in HR especially ones that don't care about their teams. Micromanagement is not a good way to grow employees. None supportive self centered leadership is not a good way to cultivate your employees.

Lincoln is a great company to work for.

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe company offers good benefits. It offers tuition reimbursement and pays for training/designations as long as they apply/improve your job skills.

ConsUnfortunately, you have to relocate in order to grow. Also, compensation is not very competitive.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe bottom line shouldn't be the dominant factor when making decisions that affect people's lives.

Disorganized

Systems Administrator (Former Employee)

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group full-time for more than a year

ProsFlexible work schedule, exposure to technology

ConsToo many people with hands in the pie

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention

Excellent culture, Strategy needs Focus

Specialist, Training (Current Employee)

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group full-time for more than 5 years

ProsCulture is excellent for a medium sized company at the division level. A lack of formality and hierarchy makes interactions between entry level to executive level employees common and comfortable.

ConsA fast pace and a forgiving culture means that having a focus on strategic goals tends to fall by the wayside. Leadership while friendly tends to fall more toward an individual contributor level of work instead of a leadership level of work.

Advice to Senior ManagementBrining in more strategic minded and driven leadership will help tighten the leaky ship of processes and goal alignment.

great company to work for

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)
Philadelphia, PA (US)

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group full-time for more than a year

Prosgreat people and culture nice place to work

Consnot enough room for advancement

Advice to Senior Managementmore vacation time

Good Benefits

Associate LTD Benefit Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group full-time for more than a year

ProsExcellent benefits package, laid back environment (except for end of year)

ConsPeople were not very motivated to advance within my department, it was had to get additional responsibilities

Field office staff is treated horrid by management

Admin Assistant (Former Employee)

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group full-time for more than 10 years

ProsBenefits,
some cool holidays off like President's day and Good Friday

ConsWork Every Christmas eve and Black Friday
If management tells on you to their boss or HR, you never have the chance to explain your own story. Very one sided. You feel like you have no one to turn to and talk to about the pressure you feel from your boss. HR could care less
Constantly given more and more by management and then told you do everything wrong.
Never given a compliment or raises.
Management is constantly driving you to return their calls, do their work, and run their errands (including addressing their own personal Christmas cards from their family!)

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the field staff and pay more to the administrative assistants doing all the work instead of constantly sending management and agents on grand trips. Give better raises and bonuses without taxing the crap out of us. The pay for a new business associate or admin asst is a joke.

Not bad, but not great either

Marketing Contractor (Current Employee)
Radnor, PA (US)

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group as a contractor for more than a year

ProsHave been working as a contractor for over a year. As such, the pay is very good, but no benefits. Job is okay, work hours are good (no night, weekends for my position), facilities are okay and management does try to engage employees. In my department, the manager is very good and really tries despite not getting support from upper management.

ConsThe feeling among more seasoned professionals is that if you're NOT young and attractive, you won't get hired. They definitely have a "type," at least in marketing. Seemed like they used to have a good record of hiring contractors to full-time status, but since last reorg, no movement in that direction. They have no appreciation for the hard working, highly competent contract professionals who want to be a part of the company. You can linger in limbo here for a LONG time. Also, management doesn't want to create additional positions even though some lines of business are growing and there is plenty of work to go around.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook to your pool of current contract employees and bring them on full time. Clearly you need us, or we wouldn't be here indefinitely. We are talented, dedicated professionals who know the job and want to be part of the organization. Also, don't tell us about how you made billions in profits and then not create the needed positions so that everyone can succeed.

Worked for Lincoln Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!

Lincoln Financial Group Videos

Lincoln Financial Group – Why Work for Us?

​​​​Why Join Us?​​ It’s quite simple — meaningful work, dedicated people and a confident future. Learn more about life at Lincoln and how you can be a part of our team. ​​Our Culture​​ Meaningful work in a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lincoln Financial Group reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Lincoln Financial Group CEO Dennis R. Glass. All 154 reviews are posted anonymously by Lincoln Financial Group employees.