Live Nation Entertainment

Live Nation Entertainment Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014

Live Nation Entertainment President, CEO, and Director Mike Rapino

Mike Rapino

Pros
  • Flex work environment, internal growth opportunities (in 10 reviews)

• Great People with Great ideas working to improve the industry and the fan experience (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management runs things based on their egos and have no clue how to run a profitable business (in 8 reviews)

• It's very difficult to have a work/life balance as working here will require long days that exend into weekends, especially during the concert season (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Advancing the sector, albeit with limited renumeration packages

ProsExciting environment
    Room to grow
    Passionate people genuinely seeking to improve the experience for both the fans and the industry as a whole

ConsExtremely poor renumeration packages. While this is par for the course though the industry, Live Nation are allowing a lot of talent to slip through their fingers as employers leave to earn higher amounts (at least 50% in most cases) in other sectors. LN might want to consider being the exception to the rule.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay staff what they are worth and perhaps there will be improved staff retention

Pockets of great people, pockets of ego

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI got to meet some really amazing people. I saw some amazing shows and have some incredible stories.

ConsManagement doesn't really adequately fund departments. Was doing the job of two people and couldn't get additional help. Also, some people have huge egos that can make getting things done challenging.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend money on hiring good people instead of pet insurance, internal artist competitions.

Good for your resume

Intern (Current Employee) Beverly Hills, CA (US)

ProsI do not see many advantages of interning here except for maybe thinking that it will look good on my resume when I try to apply for a real job.

ConsThere is neither a real internship program nor mentorship from management. You work for long hours and you also do not have many perks.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffering real mentorship to interns would be a good start.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fast-paced

Office Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsJob was always changing, always adding responsibilities, day went quickly with so much activity

ConsLong days for show days

Great Company to work for

Data Analyst (Current Employee) Hollywood, CA (US)

ProsFlex work environment, internal growth opportunities

ConsLack structure, and cross teams co-ordination

Must Move In Order To Advance

ProsThe pro is definitely getting to do something you are passionate about and getting to enjoy concerts (if you're not working them all the time). The work environment is casual in the office and you often get to meet some great people.

ConsThe work-life balance is poor, especially if you have to work the concerts. There is little to no advancement in the company unless you are willing to pack up your life and move around the country and not get paid much for it. If you don't like your job, there are hundreds of people who want to take your place and are willing to pay the dues to get there.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees more instead of making them feel replaceable. Create more internal motivation.

just meh

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

Proscool company, market leader, in the music industry

Consthey don't care about their employees and don't pay well

Great People

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people to work with

ConsLong work days during show times

Intern

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI was able to be really hands on and work on my own projects.

ConsI was not paid and there were no concert ticket perks.

Usher/Ticket taker

ProsYou get to see a variety of shows (country, metal, oldies,etc.)
    Meet tons of people/ make friends
    Only during the night, so during the summer you have tons of time to go to the beach

ConsDealing with a lot of intoxication people can be stressful at times
    The shows are not equally spaced out so you can work a total of one week in a month so do not expect a steady paycheck.

Worked for Live Nation Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!