LiveOps

www.liveops.com

LiveOps Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Vasili Triant

Pros
  • Work from home -- no commuting or having to shop for clothes for your work attire(in 46 reviews)

• Nice office, nice employees, bagels provided for breakfast, pizza Fridays, flexible schedule(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • LiveOps controls your call volume and call lines(in 12 reviews)

• You are paid by your talk time 0(in 8 reviews)

Great to be able to help build a winning company

Marketing (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

Pros- Excellent product set that hits the market sweet spot for multichannel cloud contact centres
    - Superb team of people - all pulling together in one direction, and supporting each other. Love being part of what we're building here.
    - Not bounded by my job title - I can see what needs to be done so roll my sleeves up and do it. Great to have that autonomy, and trust.
    - New leadership team (new CEO) adding fresh impetus and momentum, marked by balance of focus on and respect for both customers and employees. Dramatic improvement in employee communication that has re-established a true sense of 'team LiveOps'.

Cons- Usual challenges/growing pains of a young company in start up mode: how best to apply resource to drive growth at optimum pace? But if you have an opinion on how to work through these challenges, yours will be as valuable an input as everyone else's.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome of my comments above are typical of those that characterise 'great places to work': trust, team/camaraderie, respect, communication, management credibility, and enjoyment. We have an opportunity to turn LiveOps into a 'great place to work': keep walking the talk, and I'll walk with you.

Challenging and Rewarding

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA (US)

ProsI have plenty of work to do and feel like my work adds value to the company.

ConsChange can be hard sometimes, but the recent changes in the company leadership have (so far) proven to be very good for employee morale and overall business outlook.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue investing in your employees. Continue improving the communication. Invest in the future.

A Fun, Challenging Place to Work

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsGreat energy and strong management team. Start up environment where an individual can really contribute to the success of the company. Recent management changes have been very positive. The product is really strong and there is a lot of great buzz in the marketplace around LiveOps.

ConsLike any start-up company trying to grow in a competitive space, there are always challenges, but the management team is very open to suggestions and willing to help.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep promoting the positive culture, stay focused on the product and delivering world class customer service.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA (US)

ProsThe Engineering team is really a good team to work for. Unlike most other cloud based companies, LiveOps has its own dedicated data centers and a rock solid technology infrastructure. Also, there are plenty of fun stuff/events like Hackathons, sip lounge, (unlimited) free drinks, Friday pizza, work from home time to time, dedicated gaming room (XBox, arcade game, foosball table, table tennis) and a whole lot more.

ConsAlthough the company is expanding, it isn't expanding fast enough. There are many areas in the SaaS world, the company needs to look into and explore, in order to put itself in the top of the list. Personal growth and training while is there, can be improved.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are doing OK, just try to do it better.

Endless Possibilities

Engineering Management (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA (US)

ProsWhat a change a month can make! I'm on my third CEO here at LiveOps, and although each of the two previous CEOs had great intentions for this company, none has brought the positive energy we've seen from Vasili so far. One gets the feeling that he actually cares what happens to LiveOps and its employees; he even spends time with the engineers, which is a big change for the better.

We are still a technology-focused company, and the staff is populated by talented, hard-working people who care about what they are doing. We have some of the most engaged customers I have seen, and they continually help us to drive innovations into our products. I also believe we have a winning strategy that has the potential to reshape the customer experience. All in all, a great place to be!

ConsNo real negatives to mention. We are experiencing some growing pains as our customer base gets bigger, but this can be addressed with investment.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in the business -- we're ready to grow!

Community Service Representative

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

ProsWonderful team working atmosphere. Being able to work from home is the best incentive for me. I like that the job is constantly changing and growing. It means you don't get in a rut. I am very enthusiastic about the new company values and what it may bring to my job.

ConsThere are not a lot of opportunities to grow with the company. Often you may never even hear that there is a position that is open until someone else is moved up.

I want to believe in this company again.

Pros-Work with a team that has a lot of heart and puts a lot into their work. We want the best for the company and strive to provide it in our small team.
    -The ability to have a flexible schedule and to work remote are a huge plus when you have a family at home.
    -Pay is decent.

Cons-Over the last two years the morale has been sucked out of the company. I can't think of a single person who was happy with LiveOps during the last two years of management.
    -No CLEAR direction on what the company is doing and where it is going.
    -Outdated tools to work with. Give us the proper tools/upgrades we need to be successful.

Advice to Senior ManagementWith Morale as low as it is, spend some time building it back up. Have a major party or reinstate team travel/events. Allow us to breath a little. A little goes a long way. When your employees are happy, your clients are happy.

Invest in the tools to help make us produce GREAT work for our clients.
    Good Luck getting the company out of the black depressing hole it fell into over the last couple of years. Make this a place I am proud to work for again.

Innovative company and a great place to work

Managing Director UK (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsMain aim of the CEO is to build a great company.
    Employee and Customer satisfaction are the top priorities for the leadership team
    Flexible work environment and a fun culture

ConsThe company is on a huge change curve and it's difficult to comment on the cons at this point. One of the main things that was a challenge was company communication but this has already been addressed by the deployment of new communication tools such as Lync

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep going as you are.. We have an awesome product, awesome team and we need to keep the momentum.!

Long and stable work Atmosphere.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsModern co, with innovative ideas. The new management is bring back the Cloud atmosphere and understanding. The company is moving back to a relaxed do your job but have a good time type atmosphere. Working remote has been one of the great benifits.

Consfor the last few years, the culture of the company was lost, management that did not understand or like the Cloud even though that is what the company was built on. Managment seemed to have lost contact with the ideas this company was founded on. The new changes are heading back in the right direction.

Fun, Interesting work

Staff Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsA minimum of required process, generally provided with the resources to get what needs doing done. Love the people I work with, tonnes of smart and talented folks.

ConsSome recent turbulence around leadership, but this is improving. With a lack of process there was also, at times, a lack of drive or direction. Sometimes administrative stuff takes a while to turn around.

Worked for LiveOps? Contribute to the Community!