Local Great Coupons

Be The First To
Add Photos

Scott Bailey

Stress

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood Location, nice offices and work space, work out room.

ConsMicromanagement, stress, beyond believable things asked of you, unethical.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo out of business - Oh wait, you did.

Used To Be A Stressful Place To Work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice office building, flexibility to work from home if needed.

ConsMicro Management, Unethical, focus was never on improving products, but instead, on how to just push and trick people into paying for current ones.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a job. Don't start a new company.

Been there for two years

ProsGood environment, gym, conveniently located, casual dress, good place to work if you do your job. This is definitely not a "cushy" job. But, if you come to work each day, on time, and do your job, this is a great place to work. The employees that are so negative are the ones that either couldn't sell or didn't choose to come to work regularly and got let go, or they didn't like working here and quit. Sales is tough, and it is not for everyone. But, half the people here have been here at least two years, and that says a lot about a business this size.

ConsInsurance plan is ok but not great, wish there were more paid holidays.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening to employee feedback.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I enjoy what I do with this company

Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH (US)

ProsI have a good schedule. I make good money. I left for a while I thought the grass was greener on the other side, when i got their it was black. The I was contacted by the company several months later and asked if i was interested in coming back. I SAID YES!!! I seen these posts and ya know what if you cant sell don't apply for a sales job. Go work at McDonald's.

ConsI don't have someone rubbing my feet or back. I am expected to be on time. I mean really what company will let you be late all the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good job you have lots of good people working for you don't over look them

It's been almost a year and still have not received my last paycheck.

Sales Slave (Former Employee) Loveland, OH (US)

ProsThere are very few pros not worth the hassle of listing.

ConsIt's been almost a year and still have not received my last paycheck even though they somehow managed to get my w-2 to me... The w-2 shows that they paid my last check but I never received it...
    Most positive post on here is management / owners hyping up their shotty business... I showed up on time everyday, had great sales, and when it was time to pay me a good commission they fired me a couple days prior to payout. I actually liked the job and was treated like trash and was sent to the curb.... There is an investigation on this company through the U.S. Department of Labor wage and hour division.... Call them and they will tell you.

I'm not bitter... Just hate the fact of other taking advantage of nice people... There were lots of people who left great jobs thinking that they were going to be able to better themselves at this place. I feel bad that they fell for the same B.S. that I did.

Advice to Senior ManagementRun a busness that does not screw with peoples lives and cheet other small busniess owners. Or just close the doors....

Dishonest, Shady, and Terrible

Inside Sales (Former Employee) Loveland, OH (US)

ProsIf I could give this 0 stars I would. Most of the people are ok, albeit pretty shady. They're smooth-talkers and seem genuine at first but you soon realize they're just doing whatever they have to in order to make them money. Which is fine because it IS a business but everything is done in a very underhanded way.

ConsOh let me count the ways.
    -Pretending they will"work" with you to help you succeed but really that just means walking around, listening to what you say on the phone. They act like you should do something other than what you are doing on the phone but yet when they're plugged in with you they don't actually help you through the call or offer any real practical advice.
    -The PAY!! Supposedly it's 40,000 yr plus commission. This is a lie. If you aren't performing up to their standards, even when you're brand new, they will either fire you right before you receive your first paycheck (6 weeks in) OR they'll say they want to "continue to work with you" and will move your pay down to $8 something an hour right before your first pay check (retroactively, of course). Even when some of the weeks you performed above or to their standards. They don't pay you the full amount for the weeks you DID live up to their standards. Then a week later they will fire you anyway and another 2 months later you will receive a check for -SURPRISE- minimum wage. I definitely did NOT see that coming.
    -There's the 8-5 shift. But really you have to be at your desk and ready to go by the morning meeting which is at 7:55ish. And if you leave every day at 5, it is extremely frowned upon.
    -The way people are walked out of the room and you never see them again. People are fired all around you all the time and you work with the axe hanging over your neck every day. I worked there for about 7 weeks total and there were probably over 30 people hired during that time, 28 of which were fired during that time.
    -Although they are very specific about not lying to your potential customers, you toe the line really close and it's all very shady and salesy.
    -They want you to "fight" for your sales and have a conversation and make small talk but somehow you still need to make a very large number of calls a day.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe you should just hire some persuasive robots.

Rewarding & Fair

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Loveland, OH (US)

Pros• Competitive Base Pay
    • The Company rewards its employees for effort and results
    • The Company promotes from within
    • The company’s marketing services genuinely help brand small businesses and genuinely helps them get new customers

ConsIf you can’t sell and/ or try, just like any other sales job, you won’t last. They want the best

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep Listening to your employees

Worst Professional Experience I've Had

Sales (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH (US)

ProsThe building has a gym in it.

ConsNo Direct Deposit
    Expectations of being there early and late without being paid.
    Getting Paid....especially your final check....they DO NOT PAY YOU
    Ask how Deals that Gave back worked for the companies.....you guessed it DID NOT GET PAID
    Zero Leadership.... the little rah rah you get twice a day is so they can just keep their thumb on you.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou just do not get it.

Hands-down the absolute worst company I've ever worked for

Inside Sales Rep (Former Employee) Loveland, OH (US)

ProsCan make a paycheck if you follow the deceitful selling practices you are told to establish

Cons-- Management walks around constantly checking on the new hires and looks for reasons to fire them. The vast majority of people either quit or are let go within the first 4 weeks
    -- The 'up-sell' is based on an absolute lie. There is no 'special offer, today-only' that just suddenly pops up on the screen, and the feigned surprise that business managers hear from Local Great Coupons employees is exactly that. It is true that it's a one-time offer, but it doesn't just so happen to pop up on the screen at the time of the sale
    -- This is a sales call center that pays hourly but does not allow overtime even if you work overtime hours. This is illegal but for some reason they've continued to get away with it
    -- Piggy-backing onto the websites of local cities' news affiliates in order to come off as being credible
    -- The 'marketing consultant' included as part of the sales pitch never once answered the phone all the times I called to test it out. Instead it went directly to voicemail. I tried multiple times at different times of the day and the result was still the same. So once the product is sold there seems to be no way to call in and get a live person on the phone. Is this good customer service?
    -- If you are let go within the first month, instead of the $10/hr you expected you are bumped down, retro-actively-- to minimum wage
    -- They did not give us copies of all the paperwork we signed on the first day. I should have seen this a major red flag from the start. That $10/hr down to minimum wage is included in that paperwork but maybe they would just rather have the new-hires forget about that?
    -- This is a one-interview, hired position. No follow ups and no second interviews. That should tell you something about the turnover rate

Advice to Senior ManagementTell people up front just how many you fire within the first month, or how many leave on their own accord so that new hires know what they're getting into. I would say to give people more time to make a sale before you fire them-- which is the case at respectable companies-- but keep firing them anyway. You're actually doing them a favor so that they can get a real job elsewhere.

Horrible, Unprofessional, Unethical, and Terrible Workplace

Inside Sales (Former Employee) Loveland, OH (US)

ProsThere is nothing positive about this company.

ConsThey do not pay their employees. The work environment is extremely unprofessional. The business is run in a very unethical manner. The overall working atmosphere is riddled with tension, deceit, and stress.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees and former employees what you owe them. Do not run your own company because you do not know how to run a business in a professional, ethical, and supportive fashion. Stop being deceitful in how you treat your employees, customers, and in your daily business practices.

Worked for Local Great Coupons? Contribute to the Community!