Logitech

Updated 11 December 2014
3.6

Logitech President and Chief Executive Officer Bracken Darrell
Bracken Darrell

Pros
  • I like the level of work I'm assigned, and I appreciate a very good work-life balance (in 23 reviews)

• Logitech has a very strong history of innovation and great products (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • The work life balance is thing that seizes to exist in this company (in 8 reviews)

• Poor senior management, more interested in personal importance than really growing the company (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

A company on the way up ... way up

I have been working at Logitech full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing products ... the products are getting so much cooler, better designed, and smarter

Lots of change in culture ... almost all for the better

Fast, cool, fun ... open office, very casual but high intensity at same time

This is the most underestimated company in silicon valley

Cons

The open office needs to be 'designed' but i hear that's coming

Besides that, there just aren't any real negatives to speak of ...

Great

Current Employee - Intern in Lausanne (Switzerland)
    Current Employee - Intern in Lausanne (Switzerland)

I have been working at Logitech

Pros

Great work atmosphere. Possibility tout get a lot of skills.

Cons

No event organized between interns

Avoid working in the accounting/finance team

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA (US)

I worked at Logitech full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Learnt a lot in the field of accounting.

Cons

The work life balance is thing that seizes to exist in this company. They would request us to work during the weekend even though it was not of any urgency. We were not allowed to work from home (weekday/weekends included). The work culture in that team is that all the work needed to be done in the physical location and hence people left pretty much everyday after 8 p.m. The manager is highly inefficient in doing his job. He continues to give all the other teams, the time and freedom to continue booking journal entries but only crunch his own team to work harder without having any realistic sense of how things can take time. In fact, the CEO had announced that he wants to be connected only with his current employees but not through LinkedIn, they should reach out to him by email/phone call. Because they are no longer worthy of his time. This is a company, where one can learn on how not to be a bad manager/company and learn to respect its employees to say that it is perfectly fine for them to have a work-life balance. Do not join this team, if you have an health condition that needs a doctor's appointment even once a month. They have clearly stated that it disrupts the work and will consider you to be an efficient employee. I'm glad I no longer belong to this team.

Learn to respect your employees and create a work-life balance so that I can contribute more.

It was very good

I worked at Logitech

Pros

The best company to work for

Cons

Salary can be a bit more

Good company

I have been working at Logitech

Pros

Good working environment
    Nice people, approachable, willing to help

Cons

Not innovative
    Many coworkers have worked there for more than ten years, need fresh air

Missing chance to growth

I worked at Logitech full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Have good market share and technical strength could leading marketing trend, even influence end user.

Cons

Top and down thought are totally different, senior managers are not willing to listen real employee thought.

Although changing is good, but need to consider what really need to change. Definitely not do the change just for a change.

Working culture at Logitech

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Logitech full-time

Pros

Love the open desk culture and the fast paced environment.. Within no time you get to know the organization. The bar is set high and the easiest route to meeting goals is not acceptable. The effort put into enablement and knowledge share has been wonderful. Perfect for anyone willing to go an extra mile. Exceptional performance is appreciated and rewarded.

Cons

Few people have resistance to change but it does not affect the management commitment and execution.

None. Extremely committed management.

Intern

Former Employee - Intern in Newark, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Intern in Newark, CA (US)

I worked at Logitech as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I had a good experience working at Logitech as an intern.

- The team I worked for was comprised of members who were kind, enthusiastic, engaging--they appeared to enjoy their work, and they were specialists in their fields.

- The building in which I worked was clean, organized, spacious.

- I enjoyed sitting in short meetings with my team members to share ideas and brainstorm new projects to be worked on. .

Cons

I would have liked to engage with the other interns more during my time. We were working within our respective departments, so I became close to only the ones in my immediate vicinity.

Great ideas thus far, needs a few more big winners that can perform in the long-term, not on for short-period momentary basis. Keep it up!

Liking the job more than I expected to

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA (US)

I have been working at Logitech full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The execs walk around like regular folk, especially Bracken. There are sightings of him all over the place, including the café, hallways, work areas, and more. He's very approachable, as are all the execs. I am adjusting much better to the open environment than I expected I'd be able to. I like the level of work I'm assigned, and I appreciate a very good work-life balance. I also think my manager is great. This is about my eighth job in 8 years due to constant contract work changing and ending. I am so glad I made the move to Logitech and feel lucky to have landed here, and as an FTE I'm expecting to stay a long time.

Cons

As a small company there aren't too many jobs that overlap, so sometimes questions can't get answered as fast as a newbie would like. In the past, there were 4 or 5 people doing my job alongside me, but now I am dependent on one person only. But the tradeoff is worth it. I'm thriving and producing now, which feels great.

At every event where you are speaking to Logitech employees and contractors, please let us know who you are, both by name and job title.

Amazing company with great products

Current Employee - Senior Trade Marketing Manager in Lausanne (Switzerland)
    Current Employee - Senior Trade Marketing Manager in Lausanne (Switzerland)

I have been working at Logitech full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great products, friendly mentality, passion

Cons

No big opportunities internally for employees

Develop people