Logitech Reviews

Updated 27 August 2014

3.6

Logitech President and Chief Executive Officer Bracken Darrell
Bracken Darrell

Pros
  • Great health benefits and lots of flexibility for a good work/life balance (in 20 reviews)

• Great products with more on the way (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can be better (in 7 reviews)

• Poor senior management, more interested in personal importance than really growing the company (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Great

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager  in  Calcutta (India)
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Calcutta (India)

I have been working at Logitech full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

You never like working here

Cons

You have to be self starter

Career Development

Sacrificing major processes and quality.

Former Employee - Senior Manager  in  Newark, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Newark, CA (US)

I worked at Logitech full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Had great Product Lifecycle Management process, prior branding image, cool products.

Cons

Threw away Product Lifecycle Management process with major downsizing, cut away major Corp Quality org, losing brand image.

Get back to core processes, product, and people values.

software developer intern

I worked at Logitech as an intern

Pros

freedom , innovation and good place to learn

Cons

freedom , innovation and good place to learn

need to spend more money on research

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Global company that makes products very well

I have been working at Logitech full-time

Pros

Great products. Revolutionary and edge-cutting technology are made here. Work/life balance is great here. Company has fun and fun events, especially during Halloween. The Ultimate Ears acquisition was game-changing for our company and we all love them.

Cons

Company is always changing company culture. Some bureaucracy and projects can take awhile to get done. A very transforming company, both in products and culture. Company needs to look for new growth opportunities to stay in the game.

Management needs to become better at or

Fast, engaging, but needs more work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Newark, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA (US)

I have been working at Logitech for more than 3 years

Pros

Logitech isn't the best place to work at, but it's transforming and I'm seeing a lot of potential. Supportive leadership with accessible schedules. I feel proud working at a cutting-edge technology company. Our winning behaviors are to move fast, speak up, and drive change. I love them. Sometimes my ideas get heard, sometimes they don't. Managers and co-workers do a great job listening and giving feedback---at times.

Cons

A few office politics there and here, but that's expected at any company regardless of size. We're a start-up, so lets be more open---and not quick to shut down other ideas too quick. If we keep living in the past, we will never move forward and position ourselves against our competitors fast enough.

Encourage more team building socials. Going out to eat for lunch is great, but that gets pretty old sometime. Listen to new and fresh ideas. Sometimes the best ideas don't always come from the "collaboration room."

Good experience, but different now

Former Employee - Account Sales Manager  in  Fremont, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Account Sales Manager in Fremont, CA (US)

I worked at Logitech full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Culture at the time felt exciting, with a great product portfolio and empowerment to do what worked at individual accounts. Also Management was very respectful of people

Cons

Pay scale was not the highest. Not a lot of personal growth tools given to employees for a company this size.

Get back to what once made the company successful. Get more customer-centric again, rather than just expect the products to pull the business.

A company in transformation with great culture and opporutnities

Current Employee - Global Supply Chain Intern  in  Newark, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Global Supply Chain Intern in Newark, CA (US)

I have been working at Logitech as an intern for less than a year

Pros

1. Really diverse workforce. you get to learn how to work with talents around the world
    2. Good work life balance and flexible working hours
    3. It values the coherence within the company. They have lost of company events during weekdays. Ice cream social, BBQ lunch in parking lot, weekly company huddle, etc.
    4. The CEO is really engaging. you can easily see him walking around and talk with you just like one of your coworkers
    5. The company is in the process of transitioning. Products, process and people are been changed or adjusted toward the new market segments and lean organization. Lots of opportunities to work on influential projects that significantly improve top and bottom lines

Cons

1. Just like every big company over 30 years, sometimes you got to deal with bureaucracy
    2. Right now I have not seen products that are really promising in bringing in new revenue streams.

1. Acquire promising startups
    2. Hire more young talents

Friendly company in an interesting space.

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  Newark, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Newark, CA (US)

I have been working at Logitech full-time for more than a year

Pros

With the new leadership, Logitech feels like it's on an interesting trajectory. Lots of opportunity to work on fun projects, good access to leadership. CEO is awesome, very visible, motivating and effective.

Cons

Top-management heavy and tension between Swiss HQ tendency to react verrrry slowly to industry trends, build consensus and generally lumber along in a space where being nimble is critical. Also, flat organization makes promotions almost impossible.

Keep working on making the company more nimble and reactive.

great work life balance

Current Employee - Marketing Manager  in  Newark, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Newark, CA (US)

I have been working at Logitech full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

love the work life balance. work can be demanding, but overall a very good work environment. great team that works hard together. sometimes not everyone pulls their own weight, but at least work gets done. i love the flexible work schedule and not having someone look over my work like a hawk.. like at my old company.

Cons

company tries to reinvent themselves into a "start-up" like company too much, but there is good intention. we need to hire more people with more ambition and drive. some people are just "stuck" in their position.

Please change the names on the conference rooms. The names are super confusing and I have to constantly ask to find a meeting location ...

Fun company with cool products trying to evolve its employee culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Newark, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA (US)

I have been working at Logitech full-time for less than a year

Pros

Innovative company/products, extremely nice people, approachable and accessible leadership, lots of challenges and learning opportunities.

Cons

CEO wants "small company" culture and on one hand it works and on the other hand it doesn't. You can instill the principles of a small company (teamwork, close knit community, ability to be agile and move quickly) but we are a truly global workforce with nearly 5,000 employees worldwide across nearly 100 locations (large sites to small offices). At some point "small company" doesn't work, nor has the company simplified it's operations to match that small company feel. It takes far too long to figure out how things work in this company and the number of systems and steps in place make trying to get things done very difficult.

Simplify the operations of the company (especially quantity and complexity of the IT systems) to make it easier for employees to focus on the work that drives the business.

Worked for Logitech? Contribute to the Community!