Logitech Reviews

Updated 27 September 2014
3.6

Logitech President and Chief Executive Officer Bracken Darrell
Bracken Darrell

Pros
  • I like the level of work I'm assigned, and I appreciate a very good work-life balance (in 23 reviews)

• Logitech has a very strong history of innovation and great products (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can be better (in 7 reviews)

• Poor senior management, more interested in personal importance than really growing the company (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Way underrated

Current Employee - Finance  in  Newark, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Finance in Newark, CA (US)

I have been working at Logitech full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I was pleasantly surprised that this company has it together in terms of organization design, career opportunity, challenging employees, and compensation. I have done start-ups and other multinational corporations, but Logitech stands out as a emerging hybrid among the two. Management and senior management completely gets it and provides a holistic platform that enables opportunity for anyone in the company who wants to work hard.

Cons

Located in a suburbs of Silicon Valley. A little heavy on the use of contractors. A little too reactive to stock analyst ratings. Would do better to maintain confidence in investors. Logitech needs to keep their eye on the ball for long-term strategy.

We know you know, so do it with confidence.

software developer intern

I worked at Logitech as an intern

Pros

freedom , innovation and good place to learn

Cons

freedom , innovation and good place to learn

need to spend more money on research

On the move, great potential.

I have been working at Logitech full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Logitech has a very strong history of innovation and great products. The multinational culture provides an opportunity for truly global work experience. The new CEO is a breath of fresh air and the environment reflects hid 'winning behaviors'. This is a great place to work if you want to make a difference and create amazing experiences for your customers.

Cons

At times the successes of the past create a sense of entitlement in the long-term employees. There is not enough time spent on learning from mistakes and using the learnings to inform future actions.

While it important to have continuity in the management and leadership team it is just as important to hold leaders accountable for their performance.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Liking the job more than I expected to

I have been working at Logitech full-time for less than a year

Pros

The execs walk around like regular folk, especially Bracken. There are sightings of him all over the place, including the café, hallways, work areas, and more. He's very approachable, as are all the execs. I am adjusting much better to the open environment than I expected I'd be able to. I like the level of work I'm assigned, and I appreciate a very good work-life balance. I also think my manager is great. This is about my eighth job in 8 years due to constant contract work changing and ending. I am so glad I made the move to Logitech and feel lucky to have landed here, and as an FTE I'm expecting to stay a long time.

Cons

As a small company there aren't too many jobs that overlap, so sometimes questions can't get answered as fast as a newbie would like. In the past, there were 4 or 5 people doing my job alongside me, but now I am dependent on one person only. But the tradeoff is worth it. I'm thriving and producing now, which feels great.

At every event where you are speaking to Logitech employees and contractors, please let us know who you are, both by name and job title.

Innovative Company on the rebound

I have been working at Logitech full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Logitech is a dynamic company driven by innovation and high quality. The company has a very creative vibe and treated its employees quite well. When I worked there (about 6 yrs ago) the company culture was a interesting mix of European and American values. All was good until market pressures forced them into a massive and prolonged RIF. Looks like Logitech is regaining its footing again

Cons

The company entered business segments that strayed from its core competencies. The business units were somewhat disparate, so that technologies and products were not easily cross-pollinated. The company was slow to adapt to new market trends (transitions from PC to notebook/mobile/tablets/ etc.

Invest in your employees. Integrate technologies across business units. Dampen the NIH attitudes that may be perceived as arrogant by customers and partners.

interview process is easy, out of the box but get to the point.

I worked at Logitech

Pros

the technical program manager is pretty strong here make sure everything threads are in one place and resolve in time and efficiently.

Cons

in great neighborhood but don't have many positions if you need double income for the family.

pROCESS

Current Employee - Sales  in  San Diego, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at Logitech full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very good small company with growth potential

Cons

Small company that should grow bigger with time.

Keep up

Fast pace and constantly changing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA (US)

I have been working at Logitech full-time for more than a year

Pros

My boss is amazing and she really gets it. Vacation, time off, work-life balance, flexibility, open work space environment---the whole shabam. I joined Logitech just under 2 years ago and have been impressed with the evolving company culture.

Cons

Small company who talks about changing the company environment, but is slow to do so. It can take awhile to get things done.

For being such a large company, we should be more involved with the community and develop a volunteer program. We should also create a stronger university program here on site. Logitech needs a stronger presence on college campuses and around the globe.

Great

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager  in  Calcutta (India)
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Calcutta (India)

I have been working at Logitech full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

You never like working here

Cons

You have to be self starter

Career Development

Trolling for positive reviews

I have been working at Logitech full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are pockets of intelligence within the company that are largely surrounded by stupidity. Every time there seems to be some small glimmer of improvement, some other example of sheer lunacy surfaces. Every day is like a game of whack-a-mole, only you never know when you'll accidentally stumble onto the playing field.

Cons

Every week we have what's called a company huddle. A chance for us all to stand outside and listen to our co-workers tell us what's gone right for them over the last week. in one of these meetings a few weeks back the CEO happened to mention that he uses social media, and hey, have any of you out there ever been to glass door, gosh those reviews seem unfair -- they don't reflect what a great place this is to work!

It wasn't an explicit request for positive reviews, but it has served to bring every brown-noser in the company out of the woodwork and write some "fair" reviews. It was so clearly a manipulation, and the fact that it worked on anyone, makes me think they're all simpletons.

I'd suggest just starting over -- lets revamp both the board and the executive team and clear out everyone on either of those bodies who's been with the company for more than 4 years or so. And then let's empower their replacements to clean house through middle management, get rid of anyone who was either related to or a pet of any of those former execs and clean house top to bottom.

Worked for Logitech? Contribute to the Community!