Louisiana Tech University

Be The First To
Add Photos

Louisiana Tech University President Dan Reneau

Dan Reneau

Louisiana Tech University is good but the Louisiana state is very behind in education

ProsGood work-life balance and everyone is friendly.

ConsNo pay increase due to state budget cut for Higher Education

Graduate Assistant

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou'll work under one of your professors, so provided that relationship is healthy, you'll have an excellent boss. You're generally left to your own devices, but you can ask for assistance at any time and expect to receive it.

ConsPaychecks dispersed only once a month, and massive corruption/favoritism/politics at the upper echelons of university management.

Advice to Senior ManagementI wouldn't bother offering advice: they'd never take it.

Work at LA Tech

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood hours in order to spend time with family

ConsPay scale is terrible and not equal to your experience and/or duties assigned

Advice to Senior ManagementA person should be paid accordingly with their experience and skills.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Project Manager

ProsGreat entrepreneurial spirit; supportive and a lot of room to try something new. Fantastic community and pleasant staff to work with

ConsLimited advancement opportunities. Budget cut causing freeze of salaries

Great people, but the State is leading the charge to the bottom in continual slashing of budgets.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Ruston, LA (US)

ProsMost folk are here because they feel called to teach.

ConsAdmins mouth "we are family" while finding ways to cut people without technically firing them (so they can say they didn't fire people). Budgets are murder - we rank at the bottom in the nation for pay, and not only is pay very low with no raises for 6 years, but operating budgets are cut so that we have to buy supplies from our own pockets. One colleague is thinking of applying for food stamps. Most of us have cut back on phone, cable, whatever we can. And still no raises. Work loads increase; more students per class, more paperwork (as administrative assistant positions are not filled). Overloads pay less now than in the past. Morale is low and continually getting lower. Though upper management are some of the highest paid public workers in the state. The inequality gap is increasing to an unsustainable level.

Advice to Senior ManagementOne time budget outlays for building while operating budgets continually cut and no raises - how about bonuses for the rank and file?

good work environment

Prosgood work environment for work and school

Conslow pay as graduate students still pay in-state tuition

Advice to Senior Managementgood work environment but stipend is low

Graduate level engineering and science program lack identity

ProsTuition is cheaper compared to other universities

ConsGraduate programs are not well managed, lack any kind of identity and it makes you wonder if they really want to keep the programs functional in the coming years. Not enough courses are offered at grad level, and the ones that are offered don't make you feel you really worked hard for the grades, just easy A's. Assistantship package for a grad student is ridiculously low, and nobody really cares to make any kind of improvement.

Very positive, developed a professional atitude

Research Assistant (Current Employee) Ruston, LA (US)

Prosgreat funds, good professors, good working environment

Consvery demanding, strict, quarter system very bad

Advice to Senior Managementtry to increase the rank of the college

its ok

Proscost effective, good weather, research

Consrural, remote, politics, low quality professors

I did MS in CS, Math and PhD in CAM

Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) Ruston, LA (US)

Prosenvironment is good, place is serene

ConsVery low assistantship, not sufficient for phd students

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should increase the assistantship for grad students

Worked for Louisiana Tech University? Contribute to the Community!