MEDecision

Be The First To
Add Photos

MEDecision President & CEO Deborah M. Gage

Deborah M. Gage

Run away! With this leadership there is no future in this company.

Senior Software Developer (Current Employee) Wayne, PA (US)

ProsGood group of people. Good work/life balance.

ConsLeaders do not know what they are doing. Good managers are gone. Most of the current managers need LOTS of training.
    The CEO brought most of her friends as VP's.
    Nothing to learn, it is a 9 to 5 kind of job.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop lying to customers and employees.

QA Analyst

QA Analyst (Former Employee) Wayne, PA (US)

ProsGreat work life balance and flexibility

ConsUnclear direction of the company

Started great and then...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros- Talented co-workers
    - Salary
    - Flexible work schedule

Cons- Two layoffs totaling over 100 people in a 12-month period.
    - Continual addition of VP-level personnel, while the remaining workforce is decimated
    - No accountability among the upper management
    - Healthcare benefits were below average at best
    - Disconnect between management and workers

Advice to Senior Management- Hold yourselves accountable for the company's shortcomings.
    - Now that the re-branding has been completed, how about focusing on actually building the brand?
    - Implement upward feedback so that management can get a sense of their strengths and weaknesses.
    - How about career development plans for the employees?
    - Don't have a holiday party three days after informing 1/3 of your workforce they are being laid off. That was completely classless.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

What do you get when you cross Dilbert with the Titanic...

Business Analyst (Former Employee)

Pros- flexible schedule
    - competitive salary
    - people doing the work are incredibly talented, experienced and cooperative
    - was employed there for almost 10 years and considered most of the folks I worked with as friends first, coworkers second
    - can count on one hand the worker-bee-level people that I had to deal with that were a pain or difficult to get along with

Cons- almost all those talented and experienced people are gone now
    - layoffs the past two years (mini-purge in 11/2011; massive purge (1/3 of company) in 12/2012-02/2013) have decimated the company
    - folks left behind are stuck on a rudderless ship; and even if the current management could steer, have no confidence that they know what direction to go
    - as others have indicated, there remains a huge disconnect between management and staff, and there appears to be no desire at all to acknowledge this gap, much less to determine a way to bridge it and create a solid company again

Advice to Senior Managementthis is a fairly pointless exercise, since the current management has no desire to listen to advice from anyone - and certainly not from a former employee.
    however, I will provide this observation --- stop calling the staff a "low performing organization" when they have accomplished all the objectves set forth by management (hitting release dates with all desired functionality and at targeted quality levels). it is not the fault of the R&D, Operations and Support areas that the company is not making sales and bleeding clients.
    perhaps an honest evaluation of the sales and marketing objectives - and the overall business plan (what number are we up to? i think there have been four "new directions" since Deb Gage took over) - is in order.

Interesting

ProsStill learning the environment and meeting people.

ConsUnsure what to say at this time.

Advice to Senior Managementworking on it

Wide and worsening chasm between senior management and everyone else

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Wayne, PA (US)

ProsThe company's buildings provide adequate shelter from bad weather and are climate-controlled

ConsLayoffs becoming a huge part of the culture, enormous disconnect between senior management and the 'worker bees', morale plummeting

Advice to Senior ManagementDiscontinuing the practice of demoralizing people would be a good idea. Implementing performance reviews where a large segment of the company is ranked as "substandard" simply because it meets some sort of arbitrary metric accomplishes nothing other than to make people want to leave. The recent mass layoff ended up taking care of that on its own. Outside of anyone at the VP level, no one has been given any incentive to remain at the company and there have been quite a few departures even among those who weren't laid off. All the while, the messages from the top are of the "moving in a new direction" nature. Easy to chuckle at that after more than 125 layoffs in the last two years from a company that only numbered about 300 before that.

MEDecision had a solid reputation for over 20 years as a fun place to work with a lot of terrific people. The last two years have basically eradicated that completely and now people are all but dying to leave.

Its been real

Developer (Current Employee) Wayne, NJ (US)

ProsGreat people to work with and lots of flex within scheduling.

ConsAll I can say is Medecision inherited a WEAK CEO!( Deb Gage) She has hired many VPs or better yet , "Yes People". The people that spoke out are now working elsewhere. A quot from the CEO, " HCSC has deep pockets." Sure lets paint the product and and force clients to upgrade. Lets redo the lobby? Wait, something wrong here? Maybe we can buy out another company and get their clients., but first lets get rid of 1/3 of the company so that we can pay for this. Pity the fool!

Advice to Senior ManagementLook for another gig before the ship sinks.

Promising company ruined

Employee (Current Employee) Chesterbrook, PA (US)

ProsGreat, and by great I mean PHENOMENAL staff....Unfortunately they were all let go
    Work from home

ConsNew head incapable of leading the company upward, (everyone is essentially her underling "move the boxes, house sit for me, run my errands, watch out for my dog"), secrets and lies run rampant here; not interested in being innovative.
    RUN!

Advice to Senior ManagementHow about some loyalty to the staff that got our company rated as exceptional by our customer?/ Remember this announcement, right before you announced that you would be laying off 1/3 of the company? Hiring MORE VPs right on the tails of this is insulting!! Exactly who are they leading?

GET SOME LEGITIMATE SALES! Hint: You get this by creating technology that is innovative!!

STOP WITH THE SECRETS AND LIES! The "secret" trip to India means one thing to those of us that remain: OUTSOURCING!

Not a good employer

ProsWork life balance is good. Pay is competitive.

ConsThe company is not doing well. A third of the company was laid off recently. There does not seem to be a go-forward plan. There is zero confidence is senior management. MEDecision used to be a place people wanted to work. Not anymore. Even the people who were not laid off are planning to leave. So sad. Unfortunately, the positive reviews that are on this site about MEDecision are not a true reflection of the current state of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn about the software industry so you can make better decisions. Try to connect with employees so they have a better impression of you. Right now we mostly think there is a lot of incompetence.

This is a Sinking ship

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Wayne, PA (US)

ProsFlexible work schedule/Work from home/intelligent co-workers

ConsThere has recently been a layoff of 33% of the company (+,+,+).
    The company was already top heavy, but no VP's were let go during the layoff. In fact they are hiring more VP's.
    People were already over worked and not sure how Deb Gage will handle managing the company
    with such a depleted work force.
    Work/Life balance has gone downhill
    The code is a mess

Advice to Senior ManagementGet into the life boats

Worked for MEDecision? Contribute to the Community!