Magellan Health

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Barry Smith

Pros
  • Work from home opportunties are good(in 15 reviews)

• Good work/life balance, a sustainable work pace (ie not overly fast paced), good people, good training, good benefits (besides salary)(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Llack of management skils in middle management leeads to low employee morale in some departments(in 5 reviews)

• Call center environment, still better then most(in 3 reviews)

National Vice President

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat leadership, appreciative and respectful organization

ConsI can't add anything here.

A great place to work especially on the wide array of project management changes that can be done.

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) Richmond, VA (US)

ProsGreat work life balance. Extra hours tend to be during major project deliverable s. Salary is at par with industry standards

ConsSometimes the convenient way becomes the main mantra in meeting project deliverable s. Training in the technology segment would be great. Reliance on contractors to complete project cuts of FTE's from the major deliverable s.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere need to be more advancement for leadership opportunities. Expansion into other health care segments should be inclusive of FTE's who are also Subject Matter Experts on the systems in place.

Poor Management - Different Now?

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits are pretty good. Leadership acts like they care about employee survey results, but nothing changes.

ConsPeople are strangely unfriendly. They'll avert their eyes walking down the hallway to avoid saying hello. In 2011-2012, marketing leaders were poor. Maybe it's improved since then. Several of the worst offenders got pushed out.

Advice to Senior ManagementI hope the new management is an improvement over the past leadership.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

CYB MFLC

CYB MFLC (Current Employee) Virginia Beach, VA (US)

ProsFlexible schedule and not micro managed. Good pay and great benefits.

ConsNo raises and everyone starts at the same pay regardless of experience or time with company. Disorganized when handling assignments whether in the US or Overseas.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer salary variations and give raises to returning MFLC's. Consider loan repayment options for your LPC, and LCSW's. Try offering bonuses or incentives.

Dependable company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ (US)

Prosdependable, good benefits, decent pay

Consnot a lot of opportunity for advancement in Phoenix, AZ and conducted lay offs

Overall, had very positive experiences

EAP Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsThe company has multiple divisions and the experience I had in my division was quite positive.

ConsMagellan's silos are on different planets and one has no concept what is really going on in the other silo.Overall, the benefits were okay but not the best.

Advice to Senior ManagementBreak down the silos and work on keeping talent management.

Good for Awhile Then Poor Work Atmosphere

Senior Care Manager (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsDecent salary and pleasant co--workers

Consunreasonable workload; toxic supervisors; work environment is not supportive

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees better

Clinical Social Worker, Care management, MH intake and concurrent reviews

Senior Care Manager (Current Employee) Parsippany, NJ (US)

Prossalary and benefits are better than average in this area...

Consthe company seems to want to shed the MH MCO business and is scrimping on hiring and especially in supporting current staff

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to sell off the MCO MH piece, be upfront with staff instead of letting us suffer in silence in wondering about our future with the company....it appears that you want us gone... we are the backbone that you built the corporation on...

Nice place to work for, employer motivation is unity.

PA Assistance Coordinator (Current Employee) Harrisburg, PA (US)

ProsI like the benefits, and how supervisor work with you, also like the monthly meetings so that everyone can be on the same pages.

ConsNo overtime, I do not have this in my department, and the fact that you get paid Semi Monthly.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo fight for higher raises for your employees who work so hard to make things happen.

My favorite job/employer to date.

Learning Specialist (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ (US)

ProsFlexible work schedule in my department. Transparent leadership. Positive outlook.

ConsContractual constraints on length of job stay in many markets.

Worked for Magellan Health? Contribute to the Community!