Manpower

Manpower Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Manpower CEO Jonas Prising

Jonas Prising

Pros
  • Management is very understanding about keeping the work/life balance (in 23 reviews)

• The working environment is professional (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • I heard some full time employees complained about his or her job (in 13 reviews)

• Promised permanent placement but upper management did not follow though (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Prides itself on ethics

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Sydney

ProsManpowerGroup as a company prides itself on ethics and doing the right thing. There is no pressure from management if you do your job.

There isn’t much incentive wise to encourage staff to staff but you do get 5 weeks annual leave per year.

ConsThe cons at the moment is the global market, you can’t help but notice that the work isn’t coming in, which also means there is no room to develop a long term career at ManpowerGroup.

Recruitment

Recruiter (Current Employee) Perth, Western Australia

ProsGood colleages and Team Members

ConsHeavy Upper Management, poor leadership

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove benefits and compensation for employees

I have had a good experience with Manpower.

Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) Tampa, FL (US)

ProsThey know you by name when you call them for anything
    They give you a personal feel, whereas other staffing agencies do not remember you.

ConsWaiting to hear back about a job. It takes a longer

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Working ay man power

Gen Labor (Former Employee) Fort Wayne, IN (US)

ProsIt was a good experience i got to work at a lot of different places

ConsThe biggest thing i did not like was that there where no long term assignments and i was looking foe something with more stable work

Advice to Senior ManagementWell i would say try to do your best to make the assignments a more permanent to the workers

Great work environment!

ProsManpowerGroup Solutions is best company I've worked for in the staffing industry. I love that everyone understands the importance of recruiting and what recruiters have to deal with on a daily basis. Management is very supportive and doesn't micromanage.

ConsThe benefits department is the worst I've ever dealt with. Everyone is clueless, can't answer simple questions, and it takes forever to resolve issues. Compensation is very low, and Manpower doesn't take one's geographic location into consideration regarding salary.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt shouldn't be so difficult to receive answers regarding benefits. Employees shouldn't have to jump through hoops to receive answers to simple questions regarding benefits. Regarding compensation, Manpower also should take into consideration that the cost of living varies in different parts of the USA.

Nice company

Agent Assistant (Former Employee) Beijing, Beijing (China)

ProsThe working environment is nice. The employees are most young and full of enthusiasm. The system is perfect, which could support the cold calls.

ConsThe supervisors are different each day. At the first time, cold calls are necessary, which makes people lack of experience feel embarrassed.

Always had a job for me

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI really liked that I got to a variety of different kinds of work. It was a great way to explore all sorts of industries and possible careers.

ConsThe pay didn't always seem to match the skill on the job. Harder work didn't always pay more... and it should.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind more temp to hire and get the right people on the job so they get full time work.

Professionalism Growth

Metro Recruiting Assistant (Former Employee) Chandler, AZ (US)

ProsSince I started as intern I truly learned a lot from this corporate office environment.

ConsBecause of new CEO Jonas Prising all interns nationwide.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to training for new employees.

Good- American Cancer Society

Constituent Representative Specialist (Current Employee) East Lansing, MI (US)

ProsManpower is a local staffing service that offers different types of job opportunities.
    In my experience working for them at American Cancer Society they have been very flexible with scheduling.
    The pay is at least above minimum wage and bonuses are available. Also, work parties.

ConsThe supervisors at ACS have somewhat lost their touch when it comes to helping CRS agents truly better their performance so they can succeed. I also feel that it's become harder to succeed at ACS in general because telemarketing seems to be a dying business.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe actual Manpower managers are great but again the ACS supervisors could use a tune up

Great culture and room for movement

ProsLets you have an entrepreneurial spirit, great benefits

ConsPolitics gets you further than results and experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't lose hold of your strong performers and pay them what they are worth.

Worked for Manpower? Contribute to the Community!