Manpower Reviews

Updated 13 September 2014
3.2

Manpower CEO Jonas Prising
Jonas Prising

Pros
  • Management is very understanding about keeping the work/life balance (in 23 reviews)

• The working environment is professional (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • I heard some full time employees complained about his or her job (in 13 reviews)

• Promised permanent placement but upper management did not follow though (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Fulfilling when contracted but contracts few and far between

Current Employee - Engineering Technician  in  Sheboygan, WI (US)
    Current Employee - Engineering Technician in Sheboygan, WI (US)

I have been working at Manpower full-time for less than a year

Pros

The contracts I've had have been challenging and well compensated. I've enjoyed the positions offered and all have been within reasonable commute.

Cons

The down side is that the contracts have been very far apart. This makes using Manpower a gamble. Financially, this means struggle between contract. They are too few and far between to maintain reasonable status with the DWD.

Agents need to stay in contact more often and be more accessible to phone messages.

Friendly people persons. Willing to work with you on your hiurs of availability.

Current Employee - Cashier/Ticket Taker  in  Visalia, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Cashier/Ticket Taker in Visalia, CA (US)

I have been working at Manpower as an intern for more than a year

Pros

They always do their best to place me in posiyions I prefer and always ask if I am okay with a different position before placing me.

Cons

Wish there were more hours for me to work in my preferred position and/or my field of study/skills.

Continue to be honest and being that type of person you would like to work for or with.

Great

I have been working at Manpower

Pros

they offer training and support

Cons

I love everything they did

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Positive & Rewarding Experience. I recived the chance of working with a leading technology company.

Current Employee - Legal Removal Specialist  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Legal Removal Specialist in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Manpower full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good Management
    Very approachable recruitment staff that are always willing to help.
    High end clients who I was lucky enough to get the opportunity to work with.

Cons

Left in the dark a lot of the time about project details and contract extensions.

I had a wonderful experience during my tenure at Manpower I was fortunate to have an experienced great boss.

Former Employee - Onsite Manager  in  DFW, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Onsite Manager in DFW, TX (US)

I worked at Manpower full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Flexible with hours and supportive of growth within the company.

Cons

None that come to mind.

Got great experience as a Procurement Coordinator at American Science & Engineering

Former Employee - Procurement Coordinator  in  Billerica, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Procurement Coordinator in Billerica, MA (US)

I worked at Manpower full-time for less than a year

Pros

At AS&E, there was:
    - Free coffee/tea
    - Employee raffles
    - Treated like an employee, even though I was a contractor
    - Great pay

Cons

- Assignment was temporary, as I was hoping to convert to permanent
    - Received unwelcome harassment by a male employee at AS&E (I'm female)
    - No holiday/vacation pay offered until you've worked there at least one year (my assignment was less than a year).
    - Expensive benefits package for medical/dental coverage

Pay was good, but PTO and vacation time would make things better. Researching the companies you partner with would also help.

Good place to work

Former Employee - Consultant  in  Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Consultant in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I worked at Manpower full-time for more than a year

Pros

Exposure to a wide variety of assignments across multiple industry's verticals and clients. Great people, and excellent training and development tools/ programs.

Cons

I personally did not experience any negatives working here other than maybe resource redeployment challenges for example when recruiter assignments end and there are no new projects in the pipeline to offer the recruiter to avoid being on the bench.

A great provider of opportunity

Current Employee - Scientist  in  Wirral, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Scientist in Wirral, England (UK)

I have been working at Manpower as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Manpower placed me in my ideal role within a great company and gave me a chance to impress. This enabled me to restart my career and opened the door to opportunities within the company I was placed.

Cons

Not very hands on once placed. Only contact was to send in my timesheets. Not sure if they would have my back if things had not gone well. I feel that this might owe more to where I was placed than Manpower itself.

Try to become more than a means to an end for contractors.

Great company, culture

I have been working at Manpower full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Smart people, willingness to look creatively at the staffing industry, high desire to make a difference in the lives of the people who work for and with them.

Cons

Needs to improve technology & process. Speeding up the onboarding process is necessary in a tight economy.

Worth every moment of paperwork

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Bridgeboro, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Bridgeboro, NJ (US)

I have been working at Manpower full-time for less than a year

Pros

I signed on with Manpower after many failed attempts at even getting a job interview. I'm a fairly driven individual, but since I'm not from the US, I had a hard time knowing how to present myself here. I tried for 3 months to get a job at one specific company, with no success. One Friday, I walked into the Manpower office, introduced myself, talked with the recruiter, and within a week I had a great job. It's been that way all year, as soon as I walked out of that temp position, another one was lined up for me. We moved an hour north, and I transitioned smoothly into to the new area, since I had another GREAT job lined up. Both my recruiters were thorough, friendly, encouraging, and direct. It was/is their goal, to help me further my career, by placing me in positions where I can learn, which was my request. I have little to no complaints.

Cons

Unless you work with a certain organization for 6 months or more, you do not get paid time off on National holidays, and Manpower doesn't offer PTO to begin with, but this is a temp agency, can't really expect different. I'm a little discouraged by some of the reviews I've seen online, I obviously hit the jackpot with the two offices I worked with.

Train your people, so that my experience could be over the board.
    Make sure that those who are recruiters are skilled at that. Not just handling admin type people, who are easier to place, but also the manual labor and 'stranger' positions.

Worked for Manpower? Contribute to the Community!