Marriott Vacation Club

Updated 29 September 2014
3.6

Marriott Vacation Club President Steve Weisz
Steve Weisz

Pros
  • Great benefits and discounts, flexible work schedule, great upbeat environment (in 10 reviews)

• Very good benefits package, lots of changes coming with the integration of independence (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Some guests are used to the way a full service hotel works and it's hard for (in 9 reviews)

• comp plan has changed numerous times but not that great of a variance, very high turnover but I'm sure that's normal for a call center (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

Wonderful place to work?

Former Employee - Vacation Planning Counselor  in  Salt Lake City, UT (US)
    Former Employee - Vacation Planning Counselor in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I worked at Marriott Vacation Club full-time for less than a year

Pros

*The atmosphere and values the company promotes are enough to want to work here.
    *Easy job to learn.
    *There is so much room for advancement.
    *Your managers really want to see you succeed.
    *Everyone who works there is willing to help you with anything you need.

Cons

*The only con I can think of is relevant at any calk center and that is angry callers, but at mvci they are very few and far between.

*I have no advice for them, they are wonderful.

Great Company but managed by Mafia Style Management in Cork's Site

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cork (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

I worked at Marriott Vacation Club full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great Company, Great Associate handbook, Good pay rates, Good Benefits and good opportunities to move internationally within the Company.

Cons

When I started working there it was great, especially with the presence of the Marriott Culture and Fair policies till the Company moved from London to Cork in 2003 and this was the downfall of this great company, the atmosphere became so hostile and coalitions started forming, you are either with the Management or the staff, and became worse when the HR department took the side of the management back in 2006 to 2008 using scare tactics against any associates who voices their opinion or complain about being bullied, I was personally bullied and gave many evidence to HR at the time which I still have till today.

Surely the HQ Senior Management were aware of it especially when Associates started to leave the company after being with it for 8-10 years, some of them even moved from London with them.

The Owner Services Senior Management were the worst and they were even discriminating against specific groups/ethnics while practicing favoritism with other groups, it is no coincidence that all the Middle Eastern Supervisors were made redundant back in 2008 while only 1 European only had the same fate and in this department you had to have a typical slave mentality to be promoted, in other words if you are a yes person.

To The Owner Services Senior Management, be more professional and fair, stop practicing favoritism and using punitive action against Associates who provides you with constructive feedback, And when Associates decides to leave due to your unfair treatment and they send a final email to you and to the Senior Management in the US HQ don't block it and let Steve know what's happening, he has always been a professional, I do wonder if anyone reads this in the first place to be honest.

Database Marketing

Former Employee - Database Marketing  in  Orlando, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Database Marketing in Orlando, FL (US)

I worked at Marriott Vacation Club for more than a year

Pros

1. Pure 8 to 5 job with no overtime.

Cons

1. IT systems have already been set in place. Hence, there is very minimal work and it is extremely boring to spend 8 hours every day. At least, this is what I noticed in my department and after talking to people in other teams.
    2. Most of the employees have been working for 10+ years and thus, there is no "fresh energy" in infuse new ideas and technologies.
    3. Many managers were laid-back. My manager was big in micro-management and I had no fun working for this individual.

Your competitors i.e. Wyndham and Disney Vacation Club, have invested a lot of money in new technologies and new talent. Get new talent on board.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

i love my job

Current Employee - Outbound Sales  in  Orlando, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Outbound Sales in Orlando, FL (US)

I have been working at Marriott Vacation Club full-time for less than a year

Pros

schedule and my co workers and my boss are awesome.

Cons

Not making enough sales to make a great salary.

Great Company

Former Employee - Vacation Planner
    Former Employee - Vacation Planner

I worked at Marriott Vacation Club part-time for more than a year

Pros

MVCI used to pay well

Cons

compensation has changed...alot less incentive now

change back to compensation of 8 -10 years ago

Very good

Former Employee - Vacation Ownership Advisor
    Former Employee - Vacation Ownership Advisor

I worked at Marriott Vacation Club full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good place to work, team works and benefits

Cons

dealing with unhappy customers - not easy

Not really

Excellent work environment. Gave me all the control over my responsibilities that I needed. Extremely successful at Marr

Former Employee - Vice President Worldwide Funds Development  in  Bethesda, MD (US)
    Former Employee - Vice President Worldwide Funds Development in Bethesda, MD (US)

I worked at Marriott Vacation Club full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Provided the optimal environment for me to succeed at the job that I needed.
    Terrific leadership. Gave me the optimal balance that I needed for family and work.

Cons

Marriott does lean toward watching out for those who are Catholic versus all other religions. This may seem counter to the ownership of Marriott. The Marriott family are very strong in their religion, LDS (Mormons).

Pick the right person to perform the jobs at the senior level instead of trying out a less senior person and hope they can accomplish the tasks.

My last year was 1993. Your drop down does not go that far back.

Best Company I have ever worked for

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst  in  Orlando, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Orlando, FL (US)

I have been working at Marriott Vacation Club full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Company is very focused on ensuring employees are happy. Incredible benefits. One week of dedication to appreciate employees. Various opportunities to learn and grow. Flex hours. Hotel discounts. Management is great. Friendly and Approachable.

Cons

Yearly raises are minimal so negotiate salary from the start. Company is frugal in terms of compensating for Team Outings. Very few cons that I can think of. Incredible company to work for if you have the opportunity.

Marketing Coordinator

I have been working at Marriott Vacation Club full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good team environment, local leadership was great to work for

Cons

company unstable, many layoffs, top-level leadership lacking direction

Company has changed since Marriott Intl Separation

Current Employee - Senior Director  in  Orlando, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Orlando, FL (US)

I have been working at Marriott Vacation Club full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

pay is good; health insurance and 401k are fair

Cons

company's positive culture has disappeared since its separation from Marriott International 2 years ago; environment is hostile; work does not get done anymore

consider going back to a people based culture again

Marriott Vacation Club Photos

Marriott
Corpoate Office
Entrance Sign (only signage for the resort unfortunately)

+ Add Photo

Worked for Marriott Vacation Club? Contribute to the Community!