Maxxam Analytics

Maxxam Analytics Reviews

Updated Jul 15, 2014

Jon Hantho

Great starting point

Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) Burnaby, BC (Canada)

ProsFriendly environment and very supportive staff. Superiors are not shy in training subordinate if great interest is visible.

ConsPoor hours. Long hours: no work-life balance

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement have to let system break sometimes to remedy the real problem, instead of patch things up on the spot. e.g., adding significant hours of over time. There should be a better coordination between sales group and laboratory group.

Very nice managed company with having multiple opportunities within company

ProsCompany. which have very high level of ethics, integrity and scientific back ground with highly qualified Laboratory personnels

Conscompany can more improve in salary standards of highly qualified people working in the comapny

Advice to Senior Managementgiving change to promotions considering only skills & quailifications

Good entry level experience

Core Logging Geologist (Former Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

ProsGreat coworkers, at the beginning the learning curve is steep and exciting

ConsOne you master the basics of the job, it gets repetitive.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

overall good

Analyst II (Current Employee) Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Proswork with them, they will work with you. Work hard and you will be rewarded in the most non-monetary way possible.

Conslack of a living wage for 90 % + of the staff, high turnover = money saver mentality.

Advice to Senior Management1-2 years of showing what you can do should lead to a living wage.

Good for entry level; not much upward movement

Project Manager (Current Employee) Edmonton, AB (Canada)

ProsGreat entry level experience, is a good stepping stone for other jobs. Pay is decent within the industry, but still below similar jobs. Free lunches 2-3 times a month. Health benefits are great. Great health and safety culture.

ConsHuge pressure from management around deadlines. Little room to grow within the company. Will occasionally be called in to work OT/weekends (not the worst thing, but still).

Advice to Senior ManagementSalary needs to be more competitive, especially in the Petroleum LOB. You're losing great employees to better paying jobs in Fort McMurray and elsewhere.

Decent company, but has lots of faults

Lab Technician (Current Employee) Mississauga, ON (Canada)

ProsWork/life balance (for some).
    Lots of wonderful co-workers
    Management/supervisor (depends on the time and person as this changes often)
    Seem to care about safety

ConsCons could be about the 1rst and 3rd point specified above.
    No yearly bonus! (Constant joke at the workplace and with others outside Maxxam about that)
    Yearly raises are an insult.
    Bravo point system is a joke.
    Management "act" as if they care about you than couldn't muster up the effort to say anything more to you passing you in the hallway.
    Job advancement is pre-determined on who they want to hire and therefore positions are rarely posted for all employees.
    HR is NOT your friend
    Frequently hire contract staff and leave them wondering even past their contract ending if it is getting renewed.
    Perks consist of a "bagel day" one day a month

Advice to Senior ManagementStart "walking the walk"! All this talk about being the one of the best companies to work for is getting old.
    Value your employees as you say they are your best asset!

Shipper Reciver

Analyst I (Current Employee) Edmonton, AB (Canada)

ProsIf you are looking for a company with lots of diverse opportunity for career growth, then this is the right company for you.

ConsIt appears to me that promotion from within is based on if you have a close friendship with your supervisor.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you are a hard worker but not socially close with your supervisor, you may be over looked for promotion, which should not be the case. Promotion should be based on the quality of work delivered.

Lots of learning opportunities!

Senior Analyst (Current Employee) Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Pros* A very well-structured company with very strict and well-defined QA requirements.
    * Opportunity to learn multi-tasking and prioritization.
    * Friendly co-workers
    * Industry leader and very profitable

Cons* Quick turnaround time and fast-paced
    * Most of the staff need to work on one weekend day
    * Work may be highly repetitive depending on position

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing. I really like my bosses.

Maxxam is a great company.

Software Developer (Current Employee) Mississauga, ON (Canada)

ProsVery nice place to work. Good benefits and good IT team.

ConsThe company is far from my home.

horrible

Lab Technician (Former Employee) Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Prosthere were no pros at this company

Consworked in organic department as lab tech. A lot of work and it doesn't help there are little babies working in the main lab whining all the time.

Worked for Maxxam Analytics? Contribute to the Community!