McAfee

McAfee Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

McAfee President Michael DeCesare

Michael DeCesare

Pros
  • Promotes work-life balance - Remote work is often encouraged for FTEs(in 66 reviews)

• You have Flexible Working Hours - can come and go as you wish as long as work gets done(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor flexibility with respect to work/life balance(in 12 reviews)

• Some times senior management can be tricky trying to find scapegoats to escape from their mistakes(in 17 reviews)

Senior Financial Analyst

Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsGood exposure, flexible timings, great facilities in office, great policies

Conslimited growth in skill set

Advice to Senior ManagementAlthough there is a policy on internal job transfers, India centre needs to make it easier for people to switch jobs

Nice place to work

Senior Tech Lead (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsWork load is not much, and having good work life balance

ConsMore stress need to be given on communication

Overall a good company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosflexible working time.
    good work culture.

Consbad mid-level management.
    anytime layoff can happen to you

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good prospect for full timers

Project Manager (Former Employee) Santa Clara, CA (US)

ProsPromotes work-life balance - Remote work is often encouraged for FTEs.

ConsCost Cutting measures often lead to reorganizations among vendors whereas FTEs are more secure.

Disaligned management make McAfee a tough sell right now

Senior Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA (US)

ProsThere is some work life balance but that really depends on the team and dept you are in. The cafe has decent food, they have seemed to attract SOME very smart people. Their benefits are competitive, the workspace nice and great parking!

ConsSerious lack of growth within the company, relatively no opportunity for upward mobility which can wreak havoc on one's career. The leadership team has serious issues and overall is very weak and not aligned, some recent changes may change that but nothing yet. Some old bad management ways are still in effect and overall morale is low. Compensation package overall is NOT competitive with the valley but even that seems to change depending on what dept you are in and who your supervisor is. If I could rate a 2.5 I would

Advice to Senior ManagementSome major change needs to happen to prevent the wheels from falling off the cart, and this is not happening fast enough. Execs need to agree on the direction and focus of the company

Nice

Lead Development Representative (Current Employee) São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

ProsGood visibility in the Market

ConsHard to build a career

Advice to Senior ManagementUse the internal team

Open culture and a wonderful place to work at.

ProsGreat Place. Plenty of challenging and learning opportunities.

ConsNeed to come out with more innovative products. Change in direction very frequent.

Good company

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

Prosu get whatever u want in terms of work life balance

Consno hikes in terms of salary

take a job here if you are Unemployed!

Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA (US)

ProsMcAfee is a company that offers free parking and free sodas to employees.

ConsMcAfee is a place to go to die or to go if you're unemployed--that was my excuse. The company is filled with "lifers" who have put in years and years. Quite uncommon in the valley so you should take this as a red flag! People managers have $0 budgets for development. In the entire time I have been here, not once have I attended a meeting (staff, extended staff, all-hands, etc.) that included a speaker from outside of McAfee or Intel. This is called inbreeding. This is what's going to kill McAfee.

Least capable get promoted. Remember that when you see someone's resume who was a director or a VP. The people who are changing things who are creative and paradigm-shattering come in and leave jaded usually under 3 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your people
    Allow your people more latitude to complete their jobs
    Change meeting structures from status reports and top-down communications to more creative, problem solving and down-to-top communications

Well established company, but slow to make real change.

ProsGood job security. Integrating with Intel, the parent company.

ConsLarge company, hard to get things done and be creative. Long work hours.

Worked for McAfee? Contribute to the Community!