McAfee

McAfee Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

McAfee President Michael DeCesare

Michael DeCesare

Pros
  • Promotes work-life balance - Remote work is often encouraged for FTEs(in 66 reviews)

• You have Flexible Working Hours - can come and go as you wish as long as work gets done(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor flexibility with respect to work/life balance(in 12 reviews)

• Some times senior management can be tricky trying to find scapegoats to escape from their mistakes(in 17 reviews)

Great

ProsGreat work, great team and culture

ConsNormal senior management
    Not so great office

Good place to learn and grow

Marketing Operations (Current Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsExcellent culture and professional people, superior flex--benefits, open communication from senior management.

ConsRetrenchments in the name of cost-cutting, which not only affects those who are forced to leave, but also de-motivates the others who stay back in the organization

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease be mindful of cost-cutting measures

Great place to work !!

ProsGreat Work-personal life balance , learning opportunities, up to date technologies, awesome work culture, freedom to express yourself

ConsMinimal compensation hikes, too much of cost-cutting nowdays

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

tech lead

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

Prosflexible timing, brand value, work life balance

Conssalary not good comparatively, single digit or no hikes

Advice to Senior Managementvalue the employees

Restricted funding at Mcafee

Principal Software Engineer (Current Employee) Plano, TX (US)

ProsAccess to new technology and innovation

ConsMinimal raises, restricted hiring in US, lots of offshore hiring

Advice to Senior Managementco-locating engineering teams improve quality and performance

No Leadership Accountability

ProsGreat employees who are very smart. Flexibility. Fighting cyber crime is a noble cause. Pay and Benefits are pretty good.

ConsNo accountability for behaviors of Sr Leadership...including president of company who bullies others. Leaders date employees, hire and promote their friends. Business is not growing and no one is doing anything about it. HR will get rid of people who try to shed light on the bad. HR leaders are just as bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being afraid to do the right thing.

A "meh" company

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN (US)

ProsImmediate colleagues are great and well as immediate managers. Benefits are pretty standard (2 weeks for new employees, 401k match, etc...). There is opportunity to move around within the company if you're interested in different positions that are open. A decent place to start a career.

ConsLack of communication within the company. A lot of "left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing" and very little coordination which can make projects difficult. Very frequent to sudden changes in policy and projects with very little forewarning.

Company politics and a very "silo'd" feeling within the organization. There is also a lack of employee appreciate events/awards and not very competitive raises.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate better with employees and make them feel valuable through more reward programs.
    Offer competitive pay for current employees to keep good talent.
    Trim down upper management and number of VPs to better avoid internal company politics.

Great Experience

Marketing Intern (Former Employee) Santa Clara, CA (US)

ProsYour weaknesses become your strengths. I became very competent at the tasks I was assigned.

ConsThere are cliques within the office, I had a creepy boss, and the work can be very repetitive. The intern program is not built out as it should be.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore training for interns, and get up to speed with what's popular in the Silicon Valley. That will attract the right set of employees.

Great Culture / Bad Management

Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) Plano, TX (US)

ProsAmazing people PTO work life balance

ConsConstant change, Reduced commissions, constant reporting on reports

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a direction and stick with it, Don't change the model if its working just to pad the bottom line, take care fo your performers

Good and bad aspects of the company

Risk and Compliance (Current Employee) Plano, TX (US)

ProsDepending on the project you work on it has very little supervision and you can do what you want to get things done

ConsNo management has huge downfalls as well, they will you a project fall flat on its face until the world blows up, then they care.

That is super frustrating

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more technical, you can not couch someone in Chess if you only know Checkers

Worked for McAfee? Contribute to the Community!