MediaMath Reviews

Updated 16 September 2014
4.4

MediaMath CEO Joe Zawadzki
Joe Zawadzki

Pros
  • MediaMath hires really smart people and challenges them every day (in 9 reviews)

• Best work/life balance of any company I've worked for (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Since the company is growing and has a limited amount of space, desk sizes are somewhat tiny (in 9 reviews)

• We're short on conference rooms and desks, which is frustrating at times (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Exactly what I was looking for as a next step in my career!

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for less than a year

Pros

Positive, collaborative, and inclusive environment. Fast paced. Interesting/stimulating projects. Overall great culture.

Cons

Haven't come across any cons yet! Very positive experience so far.

Keep up the great work.

Pl

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I worked at MediaMath as an intern

Pros

Growing very quickly. Everyone is very excited to be there. The team I worked with was incredible. Lot's of opportunities to grow and move within the company.

Cons

Not many con's of working here. It was an incredible experience, only negative was that they are in a transitional period (location wise) and the current space is much more corporate then the previous space. The new location is going to be beautiful though.

Great Place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, NM (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, NM (US)

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly staff, great perks, relaxed atmosphere, care about your growth. Fast paced and cutting edge making for a riveting work week.

Cons

Pay could be matched for what is the going rate.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Couldn't Have Asked for a Better Experience

Current Employee - Graphic Design Intern  in  New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Graphic Design Intern in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at MediaMath as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Fantastic People - from the leadership team to the interns, the people here are friendly, incredibly smart, and always willing to help.
    Absolutely incredible working environment - beautiful modern office, fully stocked kitchens, quality office equipment.
    Great work/life balance
    Dynamic & diverse teams
    Employee perks
    Business casual dress code

Overall, the corporate culture at MediaMath makes coming to work every day an absolute pleasure.

Cons

So far, I have not experienced anything that I would consider a con. Truly a phenomenal place to work.

Keep doing what you're doing. You have created a very special working environment that is reflected in the outstanding work your employees do on a daily basis.

Great place to work!

I have been working at MediaMath full-time

Pros

Smart, happy and engaged colleagues.
    Management truly listens to employees.
    Lots of collaboration across teams.

Cons

MediaMath has grown from a start-up to an international corporation. The benefits need to catch up (specifically 401K and health insurance.)

Challenging Job, Focused Environment, Smart and Fun Team

Current Employee - Product Manager  in  Cambridge, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Cambridge, MA (US)

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. Healthy work/life balance.
    2. Focused goals and commit to achieving them.
    3. Great teams, we are really all in it together
    4. Supportive leadership

Cons

1. Painful teleconferencing software

Seriously - the worst thing that I can say is that I don't like the AV club! This place is great!

Do a better job thinking through the impact of the satellite offices trying to participate in things via teleconference. Open meeting space works great, until you are the one dialing into the meeting.

Fun, fast-paced environment filled with lots of opportunity

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is one of the very few companies nowadays where you can see an immediate impact of your contributions. Everyone and everything moves very quickly and things actually get done. The company is growing every week and it's exciting to be part of that. It's no wonder the survey results show that people are proud to work here - everyone seem happy to be at work.

The hours are very flexible, with the motto of "get your job done" - it isn't about face-time as much as it is about getting things done quickly and efficiently. Everyone is really smart and is working towards a common goal. Collaboration is a huge part of the organization, so if you prefer to work alone all the time, this may not be the place for you. Additionally, you can easily grow and have lots of opportunity to grow, learn, and move within the company.

Perks - chair massages, manicures, snacks all the time, lunches many times, bagel fridays, lots of various events in every office, regardless if you're in Chicago, California, Cambridge, NY, or in other parts of the world. The company tries to do the same thing in every location so no one feels like they're not part of the org. They're also very family-friendly/family-oriented and have a wall of "MathBabies" which is really cute. There are bring-your-child to work days, with even little kids showing up.

Cons

Since the company has grown so quickly, there are some process that need to be put in place that may not have been necessary before, but that's being done.

If you're not prepared to work hard, and just want a 9-5 job, this place isn't for you.

Truly an amazing company to work for. Exciting and fast-growing!!

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for less than a year

Pros

MediaMath seems to be growing at an extremely fast pace, which is great for the company overall. The atmosphere at MediaMath is exciting. Everyone who works here is intelligent, hard working and collaborative. It is a great feeling to know you're working for a company that is number 1 in the industry. Very generous benefits and perks. The work-life balance is truly extraordinary.

Cons

Due to such rapid growth, larger facilities will eventually be necessary - but seems they've already planned ahead and figured it out!

Expect the unexpected

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for more than a year

Pros

The current space is tight as other people have mentioned but the new space is literally the best workspace I have ever worked in. Every detail was carefully thought out and optimized for the type of task work that my department handles frequently and I really couldn't be happier.

Sideways mobility is very real here. I've personally seen several people successfully switch roles and in some cases entire departments to great effect. This is the only company i have worked at that has really made this a successful reality and not something that looks good on paper.

Cons

comp is a bit below industry average, but is in many ways offset by sideways mobility that you cant find at most companies.

Unlimited PTO while it sounds awesome in practice can be challenging in the actual implementation as many people in the current working culture (not just this company) feel guilty about taking time to begin with.

Fast paced, exciting company

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for less than a year

Pros

Incredibly smart people, really pushing for the best and changing the industry in so many ways. Work produced really feels like it is making a direct impact in the company and lots of positive and constructive feedback.

Cons

The pace is very fast, but that brings part of the excitement. Can be stressful, but after a long week it is great to look back at all that has been done.

Keep up the pace but continue to support staff with the fast growth of the company.

Worked for MediaMath? Contribute to the Community!