Molina Healthcare

Molina Healthcare Reviews

Updated 14 December 2014
Updated 14 December 2014
2.5

Molina Healthcare Chairman, President, and CEO; Chairman, Molina Healthcare of California J. Mario Molina
J. Mario Molina

Pros
  • Pay is decent and benefits aren't bad (in 9 reviews)

• They have good benefits,nice people to work with and chance for growth (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Promises are made for advancement and not kept by upper management (in 12 reviews)

• Worst work-life balance I've ever had the displeasure to experience (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Good place if you want to be micromanaged and not be appreciated for your job.

Former Employee - Healthcare Services Department In Texas
    Former Employee - Healthcare Services Department In Texas

I worked at Molina Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Medical benefits, 401 k, great people to work with for the most part. Vacation time is decent. Good corporate values but only on paper because they are not followed.

Cons

Employees are treated like children. Management change the rules as they please, sometimes daily and are not held accountable for their actions. Raises are a joke. Its hard to move within the company, it's about who you know. Senior management only cares about the bottom line and not about their members. Overall morale is low.

Minimize the favoritism and hire good line managers that will make a difference.

Nightmare in Tallahassee, FL

Former Employee - Drug Rebate Analyst I in Tallahassee, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Drug Rebate Analyst I in Tallahassee, FL (US)

I worked at Molina Healthcare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The small staff are hard-working and task-focused. The new office supervisor was wonderful. We were a great team.

Cons

Sick leave & vacation leave are lumped together, so if you want to plan a vacation or a little time off, just don't get sick & stay out. So stressful. No opportunities for promotion. Those great benefits & perks? Your paying for it. Anthem BCBS covers only the basics & you can rack up huge medical bills before you know it. All management (but 1 person) are out of state. Communication is by phone, email (a 'ton' every day!) & IM. Very impersonal & it was easy for KL & AC to be rude & demeaning when not face-to-face. Teamwork was not encouraged. If one employee wanted to help another employee, I was told "no, it's not your job". I know that Molina is an awesome company. But the Tallahassee Drug Rebate program is poorly managed, The turn-over rate is evidence. I can't imagine Dr. Molina would ever treat his staff this way.

Management should treat staff as educated, hard-working and dedicated. You reap what you sow. I was interviewed over the phone. One of the questions asked was "What do you expect from management". My answer was, "Appreciation for a job well-done". After they thought I was no longer on the phone, I heard KL tell JB, "I hope I don't have to send her flowers every week". My instincts told me to withdraw my resume. But I wanted to learn new skills. The very first day on the job it was obvious that the staff & supervisor were miserable & they had no reservations about verbalizing this to me. I thought that they were just young & ungrateful & I would make my own decision. It was the most torturous 20 months of my life.

Mismanaged

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, except pay and raises, are decent.

Cons

Once in, staff is treated like children and raises are non-existent or disconnected to employee value. That's one reason talent is leaving. Every day is a crisis; management blames that on the industry. Profits are up - at the expense of the workers.

Turn on your hearing aids. Open your eyes. People have told you but ignore it.

Middle sized company with start up qualities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA (US)

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are tons of projects and processes that employees can help build the foundation for. This means there is opportunity for exciting work if you want it. This is the start up quality to the company.

Cons

Communication across the org is lacking and the it isn't always easy to find what you need when you are looking for something.

The most caring publicly traded company that I have ever worked for

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Nashville, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Nashville, TN (US)

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Extremely ethical, cares about its employees and tremendous benefits.

Cons

Approval levels for simple decisions still have to go to senior management.

You pay well for the talent, so let them do what they know how to do.

Decent Job

I worked at Molina Healthcare

Pros

Benefits are OK - but you earn your pay

Cons

Disconnect from leadership - don't listen and unwilling to fix problems.

Listen to staff - stop the leadership politics! Talent is leaving

Life/Work balance

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time

Pros

In my experience, Molina offers an appropriate life/work balance. Salaries are competitive and benefits are decent. Good place to start out. Employees are kind and helpful.

Cons

There are too many chiefs at Molina. Constant restructuring and reorganizing. There is no room to grow, as the level of open positions are Senior leadership positions and minimal to no mid-level management. Constant fear of job security.

Worst Company I've Ever Worked For!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX (US)

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits are the only good thing at this company, which you will need, because working here will send your health and well-being right down the toilet!

Cons

The supervisors and management are allowed to treat the employees like dirt.

A company that tries to keep it's employees focused on it's core value of helping people

Former Employee - Systems Administrator
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator

I worked at Molina Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Molina actually flies all new employees out to their corporate site for several days to introduce them to the company. Employee recognition through a program called Leaf of Thanks. When a employee was given great service or did a great job, a fellow employee can recognize them through a internal website. When you earn enough points you can use them for gifts.

Cons

Since corporate is on the west coast and there are sites on the east coast scheduling of meetings or getting hold of someone is a dance because of the 3 hour difference.

Awesome great pleasant nice energy.

Current Employee - Member Services Representative in Albuquerque, NM (US)
    Current Employee - Member Services Representative in Albuquerque, NM (US)

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Everything hours pay superviser pto.

Cons

Nothing its great here love it.

Nothing amazing