Morphotek

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Nicholas C. Nicolaides

Overall great environment, but at times questionable techniques.

ProsGreat work environment. Great benefits. Competitive pay. Great perks (volleyball court, Foosball, pool table, summer BBQs). For the most part the people are great. Promotions exist and there is an annual bonus (based off company goals). PTO and STO is lumped together but you get a decent amount and they are pretty easy going about taking off (as long as you do your job). The facilities are very accommodating and comfortable as long as you're not picky or overly sensitive. Upper management strives to make the employees happy.

ConsSomeone hit the nail on the head in a previous review when they said "Shoot first, then ask questions... ...mentality". Some departments spend boatloads of money on products with zero planning then find out they cant use it. I feel that some people are over paid and others underpaid, but over all the pay is probably pretty fair. Company priorities are odd. Sometimes upper management is unwilling to put their foot down to practice accountability and deny ridiculous requests (ie. installing skylights in a rented building). From an employees perspective there is a lot of unnecessary spending (renovations and such). Certain people realized that if they go straight to upper management with their complaints they get whatever they want, no matter how unnecessary. Other people found out that if they purposely break their equipment they will get brand new replacements with absolutely no repercussions while honest people are stuck with the same antiquated hardware for years. Money is seemingly tight yet never an issue. Certain departments seem to be exempt from hiring freezes or other company wide limitations. I understand that some of these cons may just be part of reality, but in a company setting (controlled environment) they should be able to be limited or eliminated.

Sorry if this was a bit of a rant. Most of this may be considered nit picking. I'm not trying to bash or anything. This is a great company overall, but it's in human nature to focus on the negatives. That's how we make things better. In the big picture, this company is a fantastic place to work and far better than most.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you are going to spend loads of money, try to make it on things that will make employees more productive/happy (better equipment, salaries, bonuses, moral boosters) rather than making offices ridiculously large or putting skylights in rented buildings. Implement more accountability, it will save the company money and save certain people their sanity. Send out more anonymous inter company surveys to get more honest opinions. No one will tell the CEO their honest opinions to his face out of fear.... Not that he is mean, but it's just how things work.

Great people, bu typical faults of a young company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat facilities and people. Compensation is extremely competitive.

ConsShoot first, then ask questions, then aim and shoot again mentality.

Great Place to Work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Exton, PA (US)

ProsGreat work environment, awesome boss, and friendly co-workers. The salary is good for the type of work and hours, M-F 8a-5p. The lab I work in is state of the art with the latest equipment. My department is small and my team is the best.

ConsI have to take 76 to get to and from work and traffic is terrible. There is a hiring freeze and I am hopeful it will be lifted so I can be brought on as a full-time employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people full time as apposed to contract so we don't lose them to other companies.

Worked for Morphotek? Contribute to the Community!