Multimedia Games

www.multimediagames.com

Multimedia Games Reviews

Updated May 16, 2014
Multimedia Games – Austin – “fun”

Multimedia Games CEO Patrick J. Ramsey

Patrick J. Ramsey

It's an awesome company that allow artists to do what they love to do while treating them really well

Artist I (Current Employee) Austin, TX (US)

Proshigh salary, great benefits, great training and management, not to mention the working hours are great and I still have a life as an artist.

ConsI don't see anything bad with the company so far.

Advice to Senior ManagementI've seen a lot of personal growth as I work here in the company.

Good experience

ProsPeople at this company are really fun to work with

ConsNot a lot of growth as far as moving up

You can work in a good silo, or in a very bad silo. Either way it's a silo...

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX (US)

ProsStrong company with a decent client base will likely be around for a while.

Cons1) Location location location. The location is horrible.
    1a) Depending on what department you work for: inflexible work hours. Mandatory core hours force employees to drive on 360 during peak hours resulting in insane commute times.
    2) Depending on what department you work for: management can be awful. Departments run on fear. Backstabbing. Active undermining. Seriously hostile work environment type stuff.
    3) Depending on what department you work for: absolutely NO career path. In fact, when members of the team wanted to pursue alternate career paths, they were actively prohibited from doing so.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a long hard look at your middle management structure and decide if it is really worth continuing to pay those people to chase away top talent.

If you are looking for stable employment and a paycheck, this is a solid place to work. If you want a career, look elsewhere.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Amazingly Refreshing!

ProsI've heard of the 'dark days' of MGAM but have no frame of reference. This has been one of the greatest companies I have worked for. The environment fosters creativity and the atmosphere is electric with happy people!

Great:

Pay
    Atmosphere
    Perks
    Coworkers
    Revenue

ConsThe workload is a bit much, but such is to be expected when a company is growing at this rate. A great problem to have.

As the previous reviewer stated, the HQ being on 360 is a pain in the rump. The traffic to and from is HORRIBLE!

Not so great:

Growing too fast! :P
    Traffic on 360. :(

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up. You guys are doing amazing.

Times have changed at MGAM!!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX (US)

ProsGREAT work/life balance, everyone knows you by name not EEID, On the rise company with a start-up feel, casual dress/culture, and most importantly, even the CEO knows who you are!

ConsNot MGAM's fault, but commute to corp HQ can be a pain some days.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees needs/wants and be more interactive around the office. Yes, your busy, but who isn't!!

A company doesn't care about their employee.

ProsNot too many pros compared to other companies from I heard. I don't like the company personally

ConsVery shitty pay for current employer even the company is running good. The workload is super heavy in term of the compensation.

I do what I love...that's all that matters...

Software Developer (Current Employee) Austin, TX (US)

ProsGood work environment, laid back, opportunities.

Consunderpaid, undervalued, management plays favorites

Advice to Senior Managementgive other's a chance to shine

Employee oriented company

Pros-Growth and lateral move potential
    -Flexible work hours
    -Employee appreciation
    -Headed in the right direction in the industry

Cons-Office is in a very inaccessible part of town

Short sighted management, lacks vision beyond one or two quarters at the most

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Austin, TX (US)

ProsCasual work environment and work / life balance
    Some career growth possible
    Good location
    Ok compensation

ConsDisloyal senior management trying to sell the company
    No accountability in senior management
    Too political for a company this small
    No real innovation done recently, just renaming past products
    Too much disparity between groups
    Losing talented people either voluntarily or forcing them out
    Immoral practices

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce executive compensation. Invest in employees instead. Get rid of politics. Promote/commend employees who do the real work, not who are taking credit for it.

Great culture, no growth

ProsGreat culture
    Great co-workers
    Innovative environment
    Great work-life balance

ConsInadequate compensation (until you find another job)
    flat structure leads to not as much growth opportunities
    some members of executive management short sighted and sometimes plain incompetent

Advice to Senior Managementevaluate your worth, evaluate worth of employees regularly. If they're seriously looking for another job, it's already too late. keep up the culture and innovative environment.

Worked for Multimedia Games? Contribute to the Community!