NBCUniversal

NBCUniversal Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

NBCUniversal CEO Stephen B. Burke

Stephen B. Burke

Pros
  • Great people and countless opportunities if you can navigate the bureaucracy to locate them(in 29 reviews)

• Fun people, great environment, very relaxing and good work-life balance(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours that is dictated by show schedules(in 23 reviews)

• They speak about a work life balance, but there is none(in 8 reviews)

Good place

ProsGood environment, excellent properties and managers who seem to legitimately try to balance staff's goals with the overall goals of the department and company

ConsWould like more access to other properties, more mobility

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing by reaching out to employees with town halls and so forth. But would also be good if it appeared that these conversations went both ways, they can feel one-sided

Great place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt was a great place to work. I had an internship at NBC and my supervisors were really helpful in preparing me to get a job after the internship was over.

ConsThere weren't really any cons other than that I didn't get the actual job. However, that was because they were on a hiring freeze.

Great!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWas in the NYC office and loved how many opportunities were there. Got the opportunity to meet someone new and learn something new on a daily basis! Everyone was very friendly and there are simply so many different assets within NBCUniversal that you are bound to find a fit.

ConsWas really large in size and gets hard to navigate at times. There is also a lot of politics and layers of approval so some things that should be easy become difficult.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

NBCUniversal Intern Review- It was a great company with a less than stellar internship program

Ad Sales Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsThere were lots of opportunities to learn about the company as a whole
    Tons of fun events

ConsNot so much attention on me learning about the specific job I was hired for
    A lot of down time

Advice to Senior ManagementNot everyone should manage an intern!! Many people are too busy and will leave the intern bored and feeling useless.

Assistant to Executive Producer

Executive Assistant for Network Television (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsDepends on where in the massive conglomerate that is NBC's. My office had a fabulous talented, funny and hardworking people. Great networking lots of little fun perks.

ConsKeeping your position alive is always on your mind. TV is a fickle industry and it's amplified at this network is my general feeling.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote within.

Overall a very good experience.

Vice President, Marketing (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsExcellent culture based on passion for the industry and product.
    Terrific people.

ConsExecutive level management in the U.S very slow to change and adapt.
    Siloed organization with seemingly no desire to work together across divisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmbrace change! Stop doing what has always been done and allow your employees the room to help you grow.
    This is supposed to be a creative business. Let some creativity creep into the organizational architecture.
    Same people doing same things = same results.

Challenging

Senior Research Analyst (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsGood Training, Hands-on, Fun Environment, Friendly

ConsLack of promotion, lack of raises,

NBC Universal

ProsGreat company in a pleasant atmosphere with fairly flexible work arrangements.

ConsNot enough synergy among various business groups and a lot of duplicated effort. Very long process to get hired

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed some centralized management instead of all these rouge business units

Page Program

Pros+Great experience
    +Lots of fun times w/ celebs

Cons-Pay
    -No benefits to use
    -Pay again

Best Internship Ever!!!

News Intern (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsIt is very hands-on and you get the opportunity to do almost everything! The people I worked with were very nice and encouraging.

ConsI don't have any cons that I feel I need to discuss, except that this internship requires the intern to really think outside the box and be quick on their foot and with thoughts and ideas.

Worked for NBCUniversal? Contribute to the Community!