NCH

Updated 4 December 2014
Updated 4 December 2014
2.9

Irvin L. Levy

This is the best company I have worked with.

Current Employee - Sales Representative - Certified Labs in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative - Certified Labs in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at NCH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people here really care about you and the management team is great. You can set your own pace and this company is constantly growing. You can make as much or as little as you want. There are also great opportunities to grow within the company. This could absolutely be my last stop.

Cons

If you are use to selling on price this job is not for you. The products will always cost more than others on the market but they are the best and that's a fact.

There has never been a better time to work for this company.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Detroit, MI (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Detroit, MI (US)

I have been working at NCH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Fantastic training, sales reps are treated like gold.
    - High quality products I am proud to sell.
    - Uncapped commissions and plenty of opportunity for advancement.

Cons

- Product line is sold based on value so you need to be a good sales person not an order-taker.
    - We are in the process of updating a lot of our presentations and technology, but it's getting way better.

Things seem to take a long time to get accomplished and there is some resistance to the changes that are happening at the company, but that is far outweighed by the company culture. I have yet to meet someone that wasn't immediately likable. I would also like to see some web based marketing improvements.

Good people, but stuck in their ways

I have been working at NCH

Pros

good people; some departments really want to invest in their employees

Cons

Very hierarchical and political environment; very low pay in comparison to other organizations; not a forward thinking organization

Pay your employees more, everyone there talks about leaving as soon as they get a better offer elsewhere. You are losing talent.

Review 5 years in the making...

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at NCH

Pros

Able to skate by due to so much going on, no one realizes stuff isn't getting done because everybody thinks someone else is responsible for it so it just never gets done.

Cons

This billion dollar company is still being run like a mom and pop shop. Budgets are so strict some departments still have typewriters and are just unable to properly do their job...frustrated with not being provided adequate tools to do their job (but then get disappointing performance reviews for not doing a good/proper job) people get fed up and quit after 1-3 years. I feel their pain.
    Every single employee does the bare minimum to skate by and get their paycheck. There is no company pride.

Open your wallet! You gotta spend money to make money. And remember every person below you needs to be treated like a human.

Family Company with great products and unlimited earning potential

I have been working at NCH full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Value based products promote loyalty to rep and company. Uncapped earning potential. Recession resistant. Company very loyal to hard working, high attitude people. Best outside sales training in the business.

Cons

Could be more up to date in the technology department...

Continue to promote ways to connect the outside sales force with each other.

Well established company, been around for many years, stable. You could have a career here.

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I worked at NCH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I worked for Certified Labs, a NCH division. They provided extensive training, and support for me and the rest of the sales team. Management is really respectful, and do a pretty good job. Pay can be decent if you're willing to break your back everyday.

Cons

NCH's umbrella of companies creates a conflicting battle for business which is absolutely pointless! Literally the same exact products with different labels, and multiple reps in the same area. This is such a pain to deal with. Expense compensation is TERRIBLE. With all of the gifts they want you to buy clients and potential clients, and the gas and car damage from driving everywhere, the $200 a month is an absolute joke. Also, the industry in which you'll be working is dirty.

Be prepared to work this job from the moment you wake up, until you go to bed at night. Organizing all of your leads, clients, etc etc, while processing orders (yep, you have to do that too), when you get home from work, you'll spend 3 hours on the computer and then your day is completely gone.

This company makes an extreme amount of money each year. Show some love to your reps in the field who drive their own vehicles almost 50,000 miles a year. Find a more efficient way for reps to enter orders. iPads would make sense. Boom, you place the order right there! Listen up management!

Lack of strategic clarity/alignment. Limited upward mobility.

I worked at NCH

Pros

Pleasant work environment, fitness center.

Cons

Poor overall communication between management and mid-managers. Lack of clarity and alignment around corporate strategic goals. Limited transparency around corporate problems/challenges inhibits ability to resolve them cross-functionally. Industry is in decline.

Unprofessional HR department and overrated word of mouth about company

Current Employee - IT Position in Irving, TX (US)
    Current Employee - IT Position in Irving, TX (US)

I have been working at NCH full-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you can get in and deal with management then you might be ok.

Cons

Leave applicants hanging for long periods of time then when they finally turn down applicants they say they are going with more qualified applicants but I have a friend in the company that says they usually fill from within or with cheaper applicants to save money.

If you are going to turn down qualified applicants at least have the decency to be truthful and let them know you never intended to hire someone from the outside, you only posted the position because you had to in order to fill it with a pre-selected internal applicant. Sending out a standard email stating that you are going with more qualified applicants without even looking at the resume or qualifications is bad business.

Run For Your Life - Certified Labs, Mantek, Chemsearch, Parts Master ect....

Current Employee - Sales, BDM in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Sales, BDM in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at NCH full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They do sell good quality products

Cons

Management and corporate structure is a joke. They promise the world and don't deliver on anything. They will not give you the pay that you were told or contracted to receive.

Kill yourself.

administrative assistant

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I have been working at NCH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Beautiful strip views, opportunity for growth, great humble hard working co-workers. This truly is a great company to work for. There is nothing better when loving your job. Not only is the company outstanding but so are the people. Its a pleasure to work for such a great team!

Cons

No Cons! We work Mon- Fri 8-5

Management allows you to grow with the company and you get the opportunity to learn so much!