NCO Financial

Be The First To
Add Photos

NCO Financial CEO, Expert Global Solutions Ron Rittenmeyer

Ron Rittenmeyer

Pros
  • Working from home is a definite plus (in 4 reviews)

• I love the work environment, the staff there were really nice (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Not much room for advancement, even when promised (in 5 reviews)

• When I was there last there were several issues with the upper management not working with employees on things like schedule (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

it a great company

Prosworking from home was the best part

Consi hate the shift it was 2-10

Advice to Senior Managementnon

Not so bad

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Norcross, GA (US)

ProsBonus potential, no micromanaging of employees

ConsConstant turnover rate and seemingly neverending layoffs

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should be more incentives to achieve besides fear of no job security

A little below fair

Collections Representative (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA (US)

ProsThe company offers medical benefits and paid time off after a few months of employment

ConsTerrible pay, little room for advancement

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed more pay please

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good experience at call center

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) North Charleston, SC (US)

ProsI love the work environment, the staff there were really nice. The work hours were great for me, my supervisor was awesome.

ConsThe things that I had a problem with was that I couldn't transfer to the office closet to where I moved to, and the pay wasn't what it should have been for a call center.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease the starting salary for their call center employees. Provide a shuttle bus for employees working late that do not drive, more employees won't mind staying late if they know they can get home.

The worse company I ever worked for.

Collection Agent (Former Employee) Mobile, AL (US)

ProsTheir was some good people working their when I started working their in 2001,but the peoples in charge was bad I mean really bad.

ConsThe company offer PTO, but the manager tried to tell you when you can use, saying you can use your time on days you ask for off,and they wanted to put new employee at your desk to train,

Advice to Senior ManagementJUST BAD BAD BAD,THEY PUT PEOPLES IN CHARGE JUST BECAUSE THEY HAVE WORK THEY AND LET THEM USE THEM TO MISTREAT OTHER ALL I CAN SAY ABOUT THIS COMPANY IS BAD.

working in their call center.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosthere are not pros to this company.

Consdifficult supervisors and constantly changing the mood and requirements and no notice of change. they would change it right then and there. outdated equipment that was updated without any notice. supervisors constantly in meetings twice and three times a day. supervisors who do not look outside the box.

Advice to Senior Managementlook outside the box you bunch of nitwit supervisors and general mgr.

If you like being micro-managed, this is the place for you!

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Dublin, OH (US)

ProsThere really aren't any pro's besides that if you're a good worker, you aren't micro-managed as much. As long as you show up on time and don't call off often and put forth a little effort, there is job security.

ConsRampant favoritism, discrimination and harassment is swept under the rug, staff is treated like children, short lunch, management rewards good workers with extra work for no additional pay, no where to move up within the company, management makes it clear that you're expendable

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow employees the option of an hour lunch or allow employees to finish meals at their desk. It's not fair to expect employees to choke down their lunch in less than 30 minutes. Start doing yearly evaluations and give raises accordingly.

Great experience, every step in my career is a learning experience

Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) Overland Park, KS (US)

ProsThis is wonderful opportunity, working at home, Working at home help work on your time management,

Consworking with NCO lacks the structure of raises.

Advice to Senior Managementconsistent raise structure.

good company got a lot experience and learned leadership

Debt Collector (Former Employee) Mendota Heights, MN (US)

Prosjust keep in mind the job works so so do you

Consclients was hard to keep

Advice to Senior Managementwhen coming there know as a manager you have to work hard

Okay

ProsI negotiated for a higher pay since I've worked in the industry. They will try to low ball you even if you have experience.

I love my coworkers and my team leads.

They give you lots of training.

They told me schedule before I was hired and haven't made me switch hours or forced to work later than required.

They offer a lot of over time.

They offer bonuses if you obtain at least 90% of your goal and get above 75% on your call monitoring.

They offer a sign on bonus if you can prove you have a good collection track record. Also, during your nesting period (training while on the phones) you can qualify for bonus money.

ConsThe accounts are hard to get in contact. On a good day I might speak to ten people. A lot of the times they just hang up when they figure it's NCO calling. The supervisor expects you to work miracles and thinks we're slacking off. I'm always on the phone, but don't get my numbers. The team leads know what I'm talking about but the supervisor doesn't seem to have a clue. It's ironic because my supervisor has been there for years.

The training is not specific to your job - you get a general overview. Some of the things they teach you are totally opposite when you get assigned to a department.

The supervisors will try to buffalo you into thinking you're wrong. As I have already worked in call centers before I am fully aware of these games. Examples: My supervisor claims you can only take 5 business days of your vacation time per month. However, it says nothing of that in the local attendance policy nor NCO handbook. My supervisor claims we should be collecting more money and that we're not doing a good job. However, the supervisor doesn't take into account what the team leads know nor do they give us some of the collection tools that will help us in their job. In addition our whole team is behind. That information should speak for itself, but they claim we're slacking off or not doing a proper job. *Shake my head*.

In my department, it's hard to get a bonus.

Their good insurance plan is expensive. There are about 300 to 500 people in my local office. The good insurance plan costs $120 every two weeks, yes over $240 a month for ONE person! I came from a smaller collection agency and their similar insurance was $38 every two weeks ($76 a month) for NCO's expensive plan. That is for medical and prescription. They have a lower one - but it's just the bare minimum. Luckily I have personal insurance and it's cheaper than what they charge! Obviously, they are making the employees pay the full value of the insurance. They are the leading collection company but cannot give employees a break!

Advice to Senior ManagementSee "cons" above

Worked for NCO Financial? Contribute to the Community!