NCR

NCR Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2014

NCR Chairman, President & CEO Bill Nuti

Bill Nuti

Pros
  • Management team speaks frequently on maintaining work-life balance(in 35 reviews)

• collaborative environment, good benefits, positive culture, competitive compensation(in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is a challenge for most employees since this is truely a global company(in 34 reviews)

• Many employees have since left after being treated so poorly by upper management from Atlanta(in 32 reviews)

Challenging and interesting

Manager (Current Employee) Melbourne

ProsAlways challenging and many opportunities to grow

ConsToo few do too much.

Advice to Senior ManagementBulk up to support growth areas

NCR

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) North Sydney

ProsThe fellow associates are the only reason why anyone would work there. Also you need to be the right cultural fit for this company - you must not only talk the talk but walk the walk. Free loading gets spotted quickly which is a good thing.

ConsCompany Politics rife, too much hierarchy in senior management, cost takeout instead of growing the business, only interested in making shareholder numbers

Advice to Senior ManagementVision is the number one priority of any company and unfortunately NCR failed to succeed - its a shame it was a great company some time ago.

Good

Software Engineer II (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsGood environment, young nice people, interesting work, good management structure

Consoutdated software and legacy code

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great compay; Bad for starters

Software Test Engineer (Current Employee) Cebu City (Philippines)

Pros-You can have a good career path
    -Great innovation

Cons-You will be looked down if you are a fresh grad (especially with my previous team lead)
    -Your ideas and suggestions will be ignored
    -Low starting salary (feels like a minimum wage for degree holder)

Advice to Senior ManagementOverhaul that team and change that team lead!

Innovated hightech company.

Test Engineer II (Current Employee) Szigetszentmiklós (Hungary)

ProsGood team working here. Interesting products for banking and retail solutions. Useful online trainings, Possibility to participate on global company events.

ConsSlow internet connection in the factory sometimes slows down the work. It can happen have to work on 4-5 paralell project, and difficult to priorise the the tasks.

Ok place to work.

ProsConvenient location, good company values, very diverse workforce, very friendly coworkers. Easy to telecommute and most people seem to work form home most days.

ConsOffice can be very empty because a lot of people are working remotely. Emergency preparedness procedures are not clearly distributed to employees.

It's an okay place to work.

Account Manager (Current Employee)

ProsFlexible environment, great people, good benefits

ConsSometimes management has unrealistic expectations of their employees. They make decisions that greatly impact the lower level employees without talking to them or taking into consideration their experience. High stress.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk to your employees more and consider their opinions when making decisions that will effect not only their jobs but more importantly the customers.

Great culture and management

Solutions Sales Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsManagement treat their employees with respect and give a lot of freedom to work on your own, as long as you get the work done.

ConsNot much room for growth unless you are at Head Office or a major office in the USA.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a better plan to promote employees faster.

Great products, poor support

Sales (Former Employee)

ProsGreat innovative, market leading solutions

ConsManagement too focused on bottom line with very little care for employees

Advice to Senior ManagementStop buying companies to improve revenue and focus on innovating again to grow organically

Ok to work so far so good. To be honest it is not up to the level of MNC. If you want to work under yes boss people u ca

QA Lead and Scrum Master (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsTime Flexibility
    Leave policy
    Car lease policy for higher grades

ConsNo proper plan from high level management.
    Naming sake we are following Agile but it's own and customized framework we followed.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey know very well about what needs to be done as they were also came from lower levels. But they didn;t execute what employees want.

Worked for NCR? Contribute to the Community!