NIKE

NIKE Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

NIKE President & CEO Mark G. Parker

Mark G. Parker

Pros
  • Work-life balance is good as long as your direct manager is on board too(in 57 reviews)

• It is a laid back work environment, but there is definite emphasis on getting the job done(in 52 reviews)

Cons
  • If you have a family it can be difficult to manage work life balance(in 22 reviews)

• Sometimes long hours and late nights at work in order to communicate with overseas vendors(in 22 reviews)

Fun, amazing company!

Coach (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV (US)

ProsFun environment in which you can thrive if you put your mind to it. Comfortable work attire and pride in representing a very infamous brand. The brand is very people oriented.

ConsSome processes are very dated for being such a global company. One leader can ruin a working environment, and politics very much come into play often.

passionate, hard working people, top notch product, really proud of my time there.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Beaverton, OR (US)

Prosthe people, the work, the product-- all world class. hard to compete with the environment-- the campus, the gym, the cafeterias, etc. that enhance the work, the projects and delivering to the consumer.

Consremember, Nike is a Company.... and while you may be totally invested in it, the company may not be invested in you. Be smart- make good moves and remember not to keep all your eggs in one basket-- develop outside interests, friends, dry-cleaners.

Advice to Senior Managementget HR to get it's act together. ugh.

Very professional and fun.

Nike Athlete (Former Employee) Seattle, WA (US)

ProsAmazing company to work for. They atmosphere was fun, a lot of employees go through there but they are all around the same age and make things fun. Training and working was very easy, work was more fun than it was anything else.

ConsI really cannot think of any cons about working for nike. I love it.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fun and challenging, but better to be an FTE.

Program Coordinator (Former Employee) Beaverton, OR (US)

ProsFast-paced environment. Great people. Constant change. Interesting work. There are many different departments to work in and they are all different. The Nike Campus is highly energizing. Most of the time you are not micro-managed. You get a lot of independence (as long as you spend most of your time reporting what you did..) You do have the opportunity to make a difference. Lot's of benefits - celebrations, Nike employee store, free Nike taxi, restaurants on campus. Most of the people are encouraging and helpful and teamwork is essential.

ConsContractors are not treated equally. Such a huge company with so much change that no one is ever up to date with processes and procedures. If you don't have an energetic and motivated personality, you will fade away (not sure that's a con, but might be to some people).

Advice to Senior ManagementMore parties with beer please. Just kidding. I think it would be very helpful to have functions that include more than one department - often, two departments are working on different parts of the same project and don't even know it - you're missing out on a lot of synergy.

Awesome place to work.

Graphic Designer (Current Employee) Portland, OR (US)

ProsGreat group of folks to work with. Some of the best talent in the industry can be found at Nike Headquarter. Perks and compensations are very competitive.

ConsCommunication is hard to handle in a place so big. So often it happens that the right people are not involved in meetings/presentations for concepts that a lot of things falls through the cracks and are not noticed until too late.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on communication and things will get easier.

Great career building experience.

ProsNike develops its employees into some of the best marketing professionals in the world. Their approach is grounded in developing strong consumers connections that will enhance brand loyalty. Employees that leave often become CMO's or CEO's and go on to have successful careers.

ConsCareer progression is slow at Nike. The company has low turnover and many layers which can make it challenging to move up in the organization.

Good Deal For Full Time Workers, But Good Luck Getting In

Mechanical Test Engineer (Former Employee) Portland, OR (US)

ProsBeautiful campus, everyone drinks the cool-aid and loves their job, it is encouraged to meet and mingle with people from other parts of the company.

After about seven years you get a 6 week sabbatical in addition to the (4+ weeks of vacation time you would have accumulated at that point).

if you are a full time worker after the first year you can get a stretch assignment. During a stretch assignment you work part time for another group on a project. It is supposed to foster networking within the company.

ConsIt is difficult to get a position in Nike and the pay could be better.

Nike

Sales Athlete (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV (US)

ProsGreat Company, Benefits and Compensation. Plenty of company non-business related events outside of work.

ConsMust start as a Seasonal employee before becoming permanent (if chosen to be Permanent). Must go through Hiring/Interview process all over again just to move up or change position (No Promotions).

good place to work in

Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

Prosfriendly seniors are there to guide and teach you on the job.

Conslow hourly salary for a part time job

A bold learning experience working with talented and highly motivated athletic professionals

Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) Beaverton, OR (US)

ProsSuper active lifestyle promoted, high energy teams that work well cross functionally, great apparel benefits, access to an amazing corporate culture unlike anywhere else in the world.

ConsSalaries may not as competitive as some, however the tradeoff is working for a global leader in innovation. There may be an expectation to work as many hours as it takes to get it done rather than your typical work week.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your business model firing away! Great team players inside Nike that made for a hyper positive experience where excellence is present in every aspect. Your global sports and marketing culture is exceptional and should be at the forefront of any lower level training.

Worked for NIKE? Contribute to the Community!