NIKE Reviews

Updated 26 August 2014

3.9

NIKE President & CEO Mark G. Parker
Mark G. Parker

Pros
  • Work-life balance is good as long as your direct manager is on board too (in 57 reviews)

• It is a laid back work environment, but there is definite emphasis on getting the job done (in 52 reviews)

Cons
  • If you have a family it can be difficult to manage work life balance (in 22 reviews)

• Sometimes long hours and late nights at work in order to communicate with overseas vendors (in 22 reviews)

More Highlights

Best company to work for during college

Current Employee - Nike Athlete  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Nike Athlete in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at NIKE part-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible hours, Great Discounts, and friendly environment. Managers consistently try to keep an upbeat and positive environment and the company as a whole truly cares about their employees. Nike's scheduling system makes it easy to request time off and shows you your schedule three weeks in advance. Working at nike will give you great product knowledge as well as the history of the company.

Cons

Can get boring at times when the store is slow, work can be repetitive.

more leadership opportunities.

Great Experience!!!

Current Employee - Nike Athlete  in  Destin, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Nike Athlete in Destin, FL (US)

I have been working at NIKE part-time for more than a year

Pros

Laid back environment. Wear work out clothes to work. Good benefits even for part time employees.

Cons

Hard to move up with the company because no one leaves.

Awesome Culture of Sports and Active Lifestyle

Former Employee - Operations Coach  in  Tulare, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Operations Coach in Tulare, CA (US)

I worked at NIKE full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

From the first moment I walked into NikeTown San Francisco when I was hired I knew the place would be something special. The atmosphere of Nike Stores is like none i've ever experienced. It's a very team oriented atmosphere.

Cons

The challenges are no different from most places. It's retail and you have to work hard for everything that you get. I just wish there were more stores in the Fresno Central Valley area.

Keep training store athletes to be the best at what they do, and everyone will prosper.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Nike is an Inspiring fast paced and challenging environment where you work with talented people and do amazing things.

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager  in  Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I have been working at NIKE full-time for more than a year

Pros

You are being challenged everyday and you have the tools to make great things happen. You are working for such a powerful brand name that you always have a foot in the door and instant respect. Very diverse environment with people from all over the world. Young people, energized people, talented people. Facilities are second to none, amazing campus with healthy food and sports opportunities

Cons

The job is very demanding and you have to be on top of your game every single day, this can also be viewed as a plus. Nike has a matrix organization so you have to be able to deal with different levels in management teams and consider every stakeholder before making key decisions that can affect others. As there is so much talent inside Nike and so many talented people trying to get into Nike, nobody is impressed easily. You have to be super amazing to make a good impression, Nike's standard is perfection, everything less than the best, is not even worth mentioning. I love it.

360 Feedback for all Managers with Direct Reports.

This is the greatest company to work for!

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I have been working at NIKE full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Amazing company! Great products, great perks- 401K, employee stock purchase plan, great health benefits. They care about their employees and encourage a healthy work/life balance.

Cons

There are no cons for working for this company.

Good overall place to work.

Former Employee - Data Analyst  in  Beaverton, OR (US)
    Former Employee - Data Analyst in Beaverton, OR (US)

I worked at NIKE full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A good office environment. Friendly, energetic coworkers. You can carve out a job for yourself if you take the initiative.

Cons

A little too much drinking the company KoolAid. A lot of duplication by different departments reporting on the same thing, with not enough communication between departments.

Mostly good, inside reality may be mind boggling

Current Employee - Senior Business Systems Analyst  in  Beaverton, OR (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Business Systems Analyst in Beaverton, OR (US)

I have been working at NIKE as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Contractor pay is good if you work in Tech (IT). Projects are generally exciting and challenging. Most of projects I've experienced are fast-paced with aggressive timelines and Nike will provide any resource necessary to help you get the job done. Casual work attire is also a big plus. If you keep your heads down, focus on the work and not ask too many questions, you can stick around for a while.

Cons

Full-timers in several groups of Nike Tech severely lack technical competencies or solid skills. Most are there to play politics and climb ladders without owning any deliverables. Nike Tech brings in highly paid contractors to do the actual work because there's no talent internally due to the low salaries. There's a lot of politics involving FTE's vs. ETW's.

The new CIO should know this math well, hiring and retaining 1 employee who actually adds value for $100k a year is more efficient than paying 2 unskilled and incompetent employees for 50k a year.

Good beginning job

Former Employee - Customer Service  in  Centralia, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Centralia, WA (US)

I worked at NIKE full-time for less than a year

Pros

For specials sales we would be given free things to advertise. Staff is friendly.

Cons

Some of the management was weird. I got talked to once for helping a customer for too long.

Product Presentation Coach

Former Employee - Product Presentation Coach
    Former Employee - Product Presentation Coach

I worked at NIKE full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Growth & Development, Family Feel, OVERALL AMAZING!

Cons

Honestly not one I could speak of.

Make your own career

I have been working at NIKE

Pros

Benefits, Management, really everything about. Work/life is excellent and Beaverton is a great place to work

Cons

Not for the faint of heart. You have to constantly make your career

Worked for NIKE? Contribute to the Community!