NIKE

NIKE Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014

NIKE President & CEO Mark G. Parker

Mark G. Parker

Pros
  • Work-life balance is good as long as your direct manager is on board too (in 57 reviews)

• It is a laid back work environment, but there is definite emphasis on getting the job done (in 52 reviews)

Cons
  • If you have a family it can be difficult to manage work life balance (in 22 reviews)

• Sometimes long hours and late nights at work in order to communicate with overseas vendors (in 22 reviews)

More Highlights

Fun, amazing company!

Coach (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV (US)

ProsFun environment in which you can thrive if you put your mind to it. Comfortable work attire and pride in representing a very infamous brand. The brand is very people oriented.

ConsSome processes are very dated for being such a global company. One leader can ruin a working environment, and politics very much come into play often.

BEST JOB EVER.

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Osage Beach, MO (US)

ProsI loved working at Nike. Not only was the 30% off factory store purchases and 40% off Nike Town purchases, amazing. But the work atmosphere was too. A very team oriented atmosphere. The managers at my store were always willing to go above and beyond to help me with anything I needed. Nike gives you all the tools you need to be a successful sales person for their company. The managers are very knowledgable of the product, and in turn so are the employees. This was the perfect place to start my first retail job at.

ConsDuring the slow season it sometimes got boring from running out of tasks to do.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing. This company knows how to run a business. (Obviously)

Its a great place to work

Cashier (Current Employee) Fort Kissimmee, FL (US)

ProsEasy fun nice benefit package nice. Package nice 401 K

ConsManagers they want everyone in the building to like you if they don't like you you don't go anywhere

Advice to Senior ManagementJust don't forget when you were on the bottom

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

World-class career experience, a very proud company with employees who love their job and do fulfilling work.

Intern (Former Employee) Beaverton, OR (US)

ProsIncredible perks and an encouraged work-life balance.

ConsWasteful spending and consumption. At moments, an over-the-top materialistic company culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess meetings. More action.

It has been OK. Not many hours to be given to part-timers

Nike Athlete (Current Employee)

ProsGreat sports environment. I love Nike and its great to be around the product.

Consnot a lot of hours

Advice to Senior ManagementTeach the Athletes and be more interactive

#1 Global Sports Company

Senior Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsAwesome company where you have great benefits and longevity with yearly bonuses (well most of the time).

ConsManagement should realize that everyone shouldn't have to live in Portland, OR in order to move up in the company. Very little room for advancement unless you move to Portland, OR. Very hard to get promoted in the DC world.

Advice to Senior ManagementMove some upper level positions out of the world headquarters. Listen to current employees. You don't have to always go outside to hire.

Intern

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHuge company. Great culture and environment, good work-life balance. Good place to meet many young people from different cultures and learn new things

Conssenior management, limited career growth opportunities

Advice to Senior Managementnew senior management

It's a great company to work for

Lead Software QA Engineer (Current Employee) Portland, OR (US)

ProsNike has created one of the best brand names in the world and the culture of this branding is in its DNA. Product innovation is at its core, invested heavily in technology, aggressively pursuing new markets.

ConsBranding works well within the company as well. Real talents often gets overshadowed by people who advertise themselves better.

Advice to Senior ManagementOne size doesn't fit all !! The ecosystem of applications in Nike's technology landscape is very diverse, although it requires some standardization, it doesn't benefit some. In contrary, it is actually going to be detrimental in some cases.

Great company that is focused on growth. Work with amazing people and with amazing products.

ProsTons of opportunity. Never rests on success, always pushing to be better.
    The people are fantastic and driven. Some of the most talented people you can learn from.
    Leader for a reason!

ConsPipeline structure is difficult to manage if you are not in a core business function. The company is growing so fast that you have to be able to demonstrate you already have successful done 70% of the job before you will be considered for promotions.

Pay on the low end of the scale and kept there.

excellent

Lead (Former Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsGood company, Good values,Good Package,Good Benefits,Good Polices

ConsGood company, Good values,Good Package,Good Benefits,Good Polices

Advice to Senior Managementsalary should be

Worked for NIKE? Contribute to the Community!