Nestlé

Nestlé Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2014

Nestlé CEO Paul Bulcke

Paul Bulcke

Pros:
  • "Work life balance is excellent, pretty laid back at retail level"
    in 15 reviews
  • "Constantly changing within work environment"
    in 14 reviews
Cons:
  • "No home/work life balance, very political, it's all about the money"
    in 15 reviews
  • "Low salary in comparison to competition"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Nestle Singapore

I have been working at Nestlé

ProsConstantly changing within work environment

ConsAlso due to the constant change within work environment

life at nestle is going downhill

I have been working at Nestlé

Prosconditions are quite good if you are based in the head office however when in the field it is a totally different story.. Office staff are treated to massages at work, flu shots regular parties and activities on level 4..

ConsThe company has made a lot of people redundant over past three years leaving those still there very nervous about future careers .. especially those in route/impulse confec market where the stores once serviced by thirty or more people are no serviced by 9 or ten. in nsw. most states now have half if not less the amount of people with the same expecations..

Advice to Senior Managementsuggest you simply talk to the staff let them know the long term agenda and dont let them burn out.. or perhaps thats the idea .. let em get disgruntled then you dont have to pay them out..

Think it twice

Channel Category Sales Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Nestlé

ProsYou can learn while experimenting.
Great to have it on your CV

ConsEverything needs to be approved by the leadership team in Switzerland
Everybody playing politics and holding cards strongly to chests

Advice to Senior ManagementThe biggest challenge you have is to match what everybody thinks and expect out of a company like Nestle to the actual culture you have wtihin it.

Highly dissapointing how office politics and toxic groups can destroy people´s carrear and conficence on it´s talent. It´s not a culture that embraces teams or individual´s strengths. People is just arrogant.

Good company but not great company yet

I have been working at Nestlé

ProsCo-workers, vast knowledge and expose to different aspects

Consconventional career approach, wanting to many things such as volume and financial figure in the same time

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen to new idea, need to take more logical risk options, improve leadership especially in local market

What a ride

Territory Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Nestlé

ProsGreat profitable products across alot of categories. Good family worlk life balance No weekends or shift work with the rewards for good work ethic

ConsCompany is extremely grocery focussed and almost entirely Top heavy with more nutritionists and marketing people employed than sales people. Company does not understand the small business neeeds of Australia in its route market

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are many reviews completed through the year at many levels, my suggestion would be to involve lower management and utilise those findings

Very satisfying experience

Seller of Coffee Machine (Former Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I worked at Nestlé full-time for less than a year

ProsDiversity and the friendly environment was what I loved about the company.

ConsThere weren't any cons worth mentioing

Good food, no life.

Project Manager (Former Employee)
Vevey (Switzerland)

I worked at Nestlé full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat products, lots of opportunity, multicultural work experience, good pay, great facilities. They expect a lot but you get a lot in return.

ConsExcessive travel, jet lag, scope management. Your success depends on who you are friends with.. It's like a giant school yard sometimes. Women not generally present in senior executive roles.

Advice to Senior ManagementLose some of the corporate arrogance.. Being one of the biggest doesn't make you right.

one of the best companies to work with

I have been working at Nestlé full-time for more than 5 years

Prosemployee care
growth opportunity
functional area rotation
this company provided a very high chances of learning through trainings & intranet website of the company

Consless salary as compared to peers

Stop The Intern "Flood"

Team Leader (Current Employee)
Sacramento, CA (US)

I have been working at Nestlé full-time for more than 10 years

ProsStable company in regards to finances. Good benefits and decent work life balance.

ConsAlmost 100% of promotions come from Interns. Employees with tenure are overlooked for promotion and jobs given to Interns hired for the fast track program. Nestle Purina is requiring BA degrees for all positions, even for sales reps who are basically merchandisers

Advice to Senior ManagementYour Interns are NOT the only talent to promote from. Your Interns tend not to stay to long with this company after they get that promotion. The company wants their employees to compete and often climb on their fellow employees to get that promotion

A good place to work and learn

Technician (Former Employee)
Lagos (Nigeria)

I worked at Nestlé full-time for more than 8 years

Prosit is the world leading health and wellness company,a company that practices what it preaches to a good degree though not 100%

Consfactory management is output driven and would do anything to achieve volume; No career growth for especially factory junior employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe less conservative, create opportunity for growth and reward employee as due.

Worked for Nestlé? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nestlé reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Nestlé CEO Paul Bulcke. All 314 reviews are posted anonymously by Nestlé employees.