New Western Reviews

Updated 28 August 2014

4.3

Andrew Welker

Working for New Western has exceeded my expectations

Current Employee - Real Estate Agent  in  Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Real Estate Agent in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I have been working at New Western full-time for less than a year

Pros

New Western is an exciting place to work. The compensation plan is great, and what I especially appreciate is that the more I'm willing to put in to it the more I get out of it, and that goes for the learning experience as well. Serious earning and learning potential. The amount I've learned in the six weeks since starting here blows my mind, as does the compensation I've earned. New Western is professional yet fun. These guys are the real deal and passionate about promoting the success of those around them.

Cons

The main challenge I've encountered working here has been getting started. Stepping in to a new role that's commission based, it takes time to develop an income stream. If you learn slow you will earn slow, what's great is this encourages one to learn fast so they can start earning.

Profitable, Lucrative, Action Packed and one hell of an experience.

Former Employee - Acquisitions Agent  in  San Antonio, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Acquisitions Agent in San Antonio, TX (US)

I worked at New Western full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you hustle, you can advance quickly. If you listen, you can learn quickly. If you can sell, you can earn quickly. Immediate opportunity for advancement and the sky truly is the limit. Unlimited support from senior members, and cutting edge technology that will make your efforts go further. Young atmosphere with the I can do anything mentality.

Cons

Rapidly changing industry with lots of changes. This isn't necessarily a New Western downside but just real estate related trend. This job is not for the faint of heart and if you like sitting at a desk until 4:59pm then go look somewhere else.

Keep up the good work!

Sky's the Limit! Great work environment with a "practice what you preach" attitude.

Current Employee - Acquisition Agent  in  San Antonio, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Acquisition Agent in San Antonio, TX (US)

I have been working at New Western full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Simply put, this opportunity has been a blessing. This job has allowed me to gain the knowledge i need to set my future up through real estate investments. I can analyze a deal with the best of them! I have been able to put all of my business skills to test while working with some high caliber co-workers. The office i work in has taken the word "Integrity" to a new level. Doing what you say your going to do has been the key to my success. I know it sounds simple, but its true. The accountability is much higher than most traditional real estate offices.

Cons

This is NOT a desk job! I have seen other associates come and go, but rightfully so. If you don't have any self discipline or structure in your life, you will get lost in the whirlwind. It takes a skilled individual to balance their work and personal life. 100% commission is not for everyone. However, it suits me best.

Thank you upper management for always being available and not sitting on your heels. Being innovative and cutting edge has pushed us to the front of the industry.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

New Western Acquisitions is by far the best company I have ever worked with

Current Employee - Acquisitions Agent  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Acquisitions Agent in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at New Western as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

From the owners all the way down to newly hired sales associates, there is a sense of camaraderie that pushes everyone to achieve their fullest potential. I don't know of any other company where everyone actually enjoys going to work as much as they do at New Western. I have been fortunate enough to work for many great companies over the years, but the culture at New Western is unparalleled.

The GM's and senior associates will train you and give you all the tools necessary to succeed. From there, you can put your own twist on the job to emphasize your strengths and start making money!

Cons

This job is not "easy." You do have to work hard but the amount of money you make directly correlates to how much effort you put forth.

This is a 100% commision job. If that scares you, this job probably isn't for you. (although there is no floor, there is also no ceiling to how much money you can make.)

It takes most new associates a couple months to get accustomed to the process and become comfortable in their new position. If you continue to work hard and absorb what the senior associates teach you, you will be very successful in a few months!

Continue expansion and keep leading us as we dominate the competition.

Great Opportunity for self motivated individuals interested in getting paid to learn Investment Real Estate

Current Employee - Acquisition Agent  in  Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Acquisition Agent in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I have been working at New Western as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

I have worked at New Western for two years now. I was fortunate enough to get hired in an office that was first starting out. Since I started with New Western 4 new offices have opened. If you are looking for a job with rapid promotion this is a great one. I was promoted from a sales position to an acquisitions position in 6 months time.

There are many different ways to make money, such as selling investment houses, selling loans, listings for investors after rehab, and after becoming an Acquisition Agent, acquiring property.

In the past year I have managed to make well over 6 figures in this job, and this does not include personal investments. It is all up to you and the time you put in.

Another great perk of the job is that you learn the industry quicker than any product or class you can buy out there. In the past year I have rehabbed and flipped 3 houses with great success on all of them.

Overall I would say the best thing about this job is the atmosphere and the hard working self driven guys you are surrounded by. The guys in your office will no doubt become some of your best friends very quickly. Since I have been here we have gone on company trips to Austin, TX, Tahoe, Nevada, New Orleans, Louisiana, AND Saint Thomas. All company trips are 100% paid for and General Managers/ Owners spare no expense.

I never thought out of college I would find a job that I really enjoyed going to work everyday, but I can honestly say that about this job.

Cons

100% commission. If you have a really good month you can't take a month off the next month or your two months combined will be average.

Let's keep expanding!

Great environment for hard working, self motivated employees

I have been working at New Western full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Great work environment where employees thrive on each others success. Competition drives each employee to learn from one another and continue to push themselves. Our offices have a young workforce with a casual atmosphere.
    - A long term, self-sustaining career as we solely promote from within. New Western has opened a total of 6 offices in the last 5 years and there is no stopping in sight. As we grow, the opportunity for advancement does as well.
    - All employees are 100% commission based. The more effort and work you put in, the more you will get paid. An average new sales associate will make $50-60k within the first year, with others surpassing $100K. You dictate your pay.
    - Freedom from the 9-5 grind. Most of our employees end up putting in more than 40 hours a week, but they largely make there own schedule and spend much of the time out of the office.
    - The learning curve is fast, but vigorous training is provided by management and you will learn a tremendous amount of real estate knowledge in a very short period of time. We want all of our employees to be able to knowledgeably present an investment opportunity to our clients and feel confident when doing so.

Cons

- Some people see the 100% commission as a downside. This job is not for everyone. If you are not willing to push yourself and take responsibility for your own career path, you will probably not succeed in a commission only based environment.
    - Yes you will drive a lot. If you have a truck, trade it in or move closer to the office.

- Continue on the same path we are currently on.

You're going to learn a lot and earn a lot if you put in the time

Current Employee - Acquisitions Associate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Acquisitions Associate in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at New Western full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

About me: I have worked at New Western for 3 and ½ years. I’m a top producer in the company. I’m also in the top 1% of Houston Realtors (as several associates have been in this office). I achieved this in 2 ½ years. I have been with this company long enough to see it grow and mature into a very respectable and dominate leader in the residential investment industry.

-The office environment is very unique. An office generally consists of 10-20 young guys in a casual atmosphere. It is very likely to become good friends with colleagues.

-Entry level associates will sell residential investment properties to clients. The company no longer puts out “bandit signs” in order to generate client leads. Instead, an associate is expected to go to networking events, make cold calls, and will also be given MANY warm leads to generate clientele. It can be a fast paced and competitive environment. You will not have many predictable days once you get out of training.

-The training at the firm has also greatly improved. There will be sit down instruction with senior associates training you on everything from contracts, financing, organization, and of course selling. This generally lasts a few weeks once you start. The company still firmly believes in “learning on the job”. A great way to learn at this company is to ask lots of questions and I have never encountered an associate that is not willing to help or give a little of their time. I came into New Western with NO knowledge of the industry and I now believe myself to be a competent professional.

-The compensation at the company is 100% commission. I consider this a pro. I hate the idea of knowing what I’ll make every year. You’ll probably hear this from others at the company, but yes it is possible to make 100K in your first year and yes others have done it and yes this is possible at any of the New Western offices. However an associate that achieves this would be considered exceptional. A decent associate can now expect to make 50K+ in a full year. But you will earn what you put into it. It’s that simple.

Cons

-100% commission can be considered a con for many people. This job is simply not a good fit if you do not want to take responsibility for how much you make.

-You will drive a lot. You can expect to put about 10-15K miles on your car per year. I personally don’t like sitting at a desk all day so I actually enjoy getting out and looking at houses. But I’m sure some prefer a 9-5 desk job.

Keep growing fast

Great place to learn but no real long term career opportunity

Current Employee - Senior ACQUISITION AGENT  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Senior ACQUISITION AGENT in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at New Western

Pros

You will learn how to sell and learn a lot about investing in real estate. There is a lot of turnover so you meet a ton of new people and you can move up quickly! The whole company gathers at the end of each quarter to listen to senior management tell everyone that greatness is on the horizon and that everyone is about to make a ton of money but those promises tend to fall short. Don’t get me wrong, there are some top performers that might make a few bucks but most of the employees are just under the impression that they are making decent money. If you stay focused on the learning aspect and pay little attention to all of the Hooplah you will be fine. Please don’t go spend your first few paychecks on a nice watch no matter how much pressure there is to do so.

Cons

I was with the company for years and was considered a senior associate/ top producer. The compensation is minimal (nowhere close to $250,000 as stated below) even for a senior associate. You can expect to make $15,000 - $25,000 while in sales and $30,000 - $70,000 in acquisitions depending on the branch and your talent level (very few have earned more). You will be responsible for all marketing and lead generation. 99% of your marketing will be putting bandit signs on the side of the road and taking phone calls. The bandit signs are illegal but the company will pay for your tickets ( most of the time). Be prepared to use a substantial amount of gasoline and put thousands of extra miles on your vehicle with no reimbursement from the company.

This website is for current and former employees to submitt an honest review of your company, so that job seekers can get an accurate picture of what they should expect. Please respect the integrity of the site by not posting anymore reviews from current senior mangement.

i love my job!

Current Employee - Sales Agent  in  Bedford, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Bedford, TX (US)

I have been working at New Western

Pros

great pay for producers.
    fraternity like brotherhood between employees.
    growing company=opportunity for fast promotion.
    getting paid for learning investment knowledge that others pay a lot of money for.
    Awesome quarterly meetings!

it's not an easy job, it's challenging and demanding but very rewarding. i have worked with other real estate brokerages, residential and investment, and New West has surpassed any and all expectations i might have had. The training is there if you want it, both formal and informal. I know that i am an open book to any employee that has a question. the office atmosphere is unbeatable. i can honestly say that the guys i work with have become lifelong best friends of mine.

Cons

getting started is scary and defiantly not easy. long hours in the beginning. bringing lunch everyday and figuring out that i had to get an unlimited plan on my cell phone were some changes i made to make life a little easier at first. i think that's true with any sales job, especially real estate. there is a lot to learn really fast and it's clear that the faster you learn, the faster you can start getting paid. That's a lot of pressure for some people.

keep being innovative. i think it's one of the main reasons we have been successful thus far. keep encouraging senior employees to continue to learn all new developments in the market. as long we never loose sight of those two things, we will continue to flourish.

Lots of work with little pay, but you learn a lot

Former Employee - Acquisition Agent  in  Bedford, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Acquisition Agent in Bedford, TX (US)

I worked at New Western

Pros

Lots of transactions create a lot of learning opportunities
    Great people and fun environment
    Easy to create own work schedule

Cons

The pay is really low for what they are asking the employees to do
    The management constantly changes things
    For a straight commission job there are too many requirements

The pay is really low for what they are asking the employees to do
    The management constantly changes things
    For a straight commission job there are too many requirements

Worked for New Western? Contribute to the Community!