Niagara Bottling

2.7

Andy Peykoff II

Amazing People

I worked at Niagara Bottling

Pros

Loved working at Niagara Bottling.

Cons

Pay could have been better.

No career path

Current Employee - Replenishment Analyst  in  Ontario, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Replenishment Analyst in Ontario, CA (US)

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast paced environment in largest private label bottling company of the country. Quick learning curve in the initial months of employment.

Cons

Career progression poor. HR has less to no respect towards employees well-being. Very beaurocratic. Managers dont have career progression on employess in mind.

Awesome Company! Fast-Paced, Competitive & Courageous!

Current Employee - Quality Manager  in  Ontario, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Quality Manager in Ontario, CA (US)

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time for more than a year

Pros

The rate of growth creates opportunities everywhere to advance your career. The company invests in the latest & greatest technologies, and is kicking butt. Upper management have all earned my respect, and I'm excited to follow their lead as the company continues to grow. I look forward to hearing Mr. P speak during the annual updates and am proud to contribute to what he started over 50yrs ago. Happy to be on Team Niagara!

Cons

While the company is improving in this area, there is so much growth that it's hard to put effective structure in place for some things that really need them. It's a fast-paced and "get it done" environment that not everyone is successful in. It can be a bit competitive, but I think that just the right amount of that can be a good thing. Not a good fit for people who aren't willing to work long hours or might have come from a previous employer that had a more generous work/life balance culture. It is a "young" company, full of people dedicated to their job and willing to put a lot of hours in.

Stay courageous and continue the family-based culture that we have today. It'd be cool if we could bring our dogs to work too...and wear shorts on Fridays.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Quality Assurance Associate

I have been working at Niagara Bottling

Pros

Great starting pay and decent health benefits, pto benefits are very poor

Cons

Very Little possibility of advancement

Company Review

I have been working at Niagara Bottling

Pros

self-improve, fast growth, flexible working hours, most young people.

Cons

long working hour, working pressure, need to improve process.

Overworked

Current Employee - Manager  in  Ontario, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Ontario, CA (US)

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fast paced environment with plenty of responsibilities to gain. Compensation tends to be on the lower end of the market. Poor onboarding and training process for associates.

Cons

Work life balance is terrible. Staffing, or the lack thereof, is also equally as bad. If things go wrong, instead of standing up and taking leadership managers at Niagara tend to roll the ball of blame down the hill.

Start hiring more folks!

There are good and bad aspects to working at Niagara.

Current Employee - QA Associate  in  Mooresville, NC (US)
    Current Employee - QA Associate in Mooresville, NC (US)

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time for more than a year

Pros

What I like about Niagara is that the company is always providing employees with small incentives, such as gift cards & dinners. They also try to foster a work family environment and enjoys creating friendly competition. The pay is not the worst but should be higher.

Cons

Some challenges of working at Niagara is the inability to retain employees. They work the employees that are staying too much. The schedule is 2-2-3 12 hr shifts and too cover the lack there is mandatory overtime on days off. Many work 6-7 12 hr days. and if someone is late or calls in they are given points. These points do not roll off for a year.
    The other problem is the miscommunication of management. It seems they often do not know what they are doing one hour to the next.
    Warehouse system is constantly going down & tracking product is difficult

Listen to veterans of industry. Implement a different hiring practice and attendance policy. Investigate and determine causes of high employee turnover

It's an ok place.

I worked at Niagara Bottling

Pros

Unlimited hours
    OK benefits
    Cool coworkers
    You get a water sale twice a month.. just depends on the dates

Cons

Horrible bosses

The biggest caveat.. your time card. They'll screw you out of your OT

Worst Experience

I have been working at Niagara Bottling as a contractor

Pros

Things to learn as there is growth

Cons

Long term jobs, but as a slave .
    I joined this company and worked only for 1 week . I can easily figure out that there is a discrimination and the manager is trying to scary me out to get the job done . After 10 years of my experience, i feel that i made a terrible mistake joining this company .

Please respect the employees or contractors and provide them support so that they will be happy to work

Good company to work for when you're early in your career

I worked at Niagara Bottling full-time

Pros

Great resume builder; there's opportunity to get involved with a lot of projects and often lead projects, even when you're still early in your career; Niagara is a fast growing company that definitely leads the industry in technology, so if you're in engineering or manufacturing, it's a great company to work for to get exposure to cutting edge technology; The company is providing a lot of training to their employees

Cons

The leadership is young, and often growing into their role; The company runs lean, so it's not uncommon to work longer hours to get the work done; Due to the fast growing nature, there isn't a lot of structure which can be good or bad, depending on your personality

Continue focusing on leading the industry but focus more on training and have better incentives for managers to really lead their people

Worked for Niagara Bottling? Contribute to the Community!