Niagara Bottling

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Andy Peykoff II

Fast growing company with great learning opportunity, but poor work life balance

Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee)
Ontario, CA (US)

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time for more than a year

ProsLots to learn, fast pace and fast growing company, great people to work with. Some department have flexible hours or work from home option

ConsPay is under market standard. Poor benefit package. Very poor work life balance. MBA degree is over rated in this company. Can't keep talented people for more than 2 years.

Get ready to hit the ground running.

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time for less than a year

ProsThe office culture here is amazing and the people are as well. This is a fast paced company who look for the best. They look for active people who are ready to excel and advance in their careers. This is not the place for those who are content to just sit around at their desks all day. The opportunities are there for those who want them.

ConsThere's a lack of communication between upper management and their teams, but that's to be somewhat expected.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the time to sit down with your employees to discuss projects and career advancement.

It's sad when they don't train you right and work the people into the ground

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time

Prosthere is nothing good about working here

ConsI'm training for a job and we work two days on two days off and they tell me to just sit and watch. How am I supposed to watch when I don't know what I'm looking at. They have 4 shifts when my shift is off the other shift is on 12 hours a day with 4 shifts they could easily work 3 - 8hour shifts plus add a weekend shift on too but they want to kill the people with 12 hours and they expect you to come in on your days off. If you work 8 hour shifts you would get more people to do the overtime plus you would get people to stay working there.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit killing your people and they wouldn't look for other jobs and quit they would stay with your company. Get supervisors that know what they're doing.

recommend this company to a friend

Post Doc (Current Employee)

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time for less than a year

ProsI like the challenges that we face and they way that they get fixed.

ConsThe is a parking space limit

Advice to Senior ManagementI would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Constantly running in circles chasing yourself with no management support

I worked at Niagara Bottling

ProsThere are very many hard working people that continously drive for results. The associates work hard as a team and encourage one another. Team members always ask what can I do to help.

ConsThe management team is constantly turning over and really does not have a clue at times of what's going on. Management does a very good job pointing the finger at everyone else but lacks the talent to lead by example because they are clueless. The merit program is a joke and they have given their employees 1% raises when they make great profit off of a case of water. The management team is unethical and needs to learn how to manage better. Nothing is consistent in the company. One month you do one way then it changes again but you end up going back to way things were done months ago. Consistency drives better results which leads to less turnover and a higher bottom line. Guess a bunch of people were sleeping when they took that economics class.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to senior management is this: you are growing to fast to keep up with the demand of your business. Therefore you can't obtain enough and the right talent to run your business. Since your management is very unethical you need to question this: do you want to keep these people running your business when they don't know what there doing or would you rather pay out lawsuits due to them being unethical. It's up to you to make the change.

Mildly challenging, educational, but not entirely satisfying.

Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time for more than 3 years

ProsTraveling across the country and meeting so many new people

ConsSometimes the travel, and the difficulty of working with a rapidly growing company

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to your employee contributions and learn to stop trying to drink from a firehose

work isn't bad but VERY little room for advancement. good for a job but not a career

Plainfield, IN (US)

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time for more than 3 years

Prospeople, experience gained, hours I work

Consno advancement, long hours on production floor, clueless management

A Hot Mess

Production Operator (Former Employee)
Missouri City, TX (US)

I worked at Niagara Bottling full-time for less than a year

ProsLearning about the beverage industry, different bottled products. Multi-tasking duties as a production operator.

ConsWhen not supporting their staff in advancing his or her education. Company wants the staff to be brownnoser's at their beck and call. Not having a sense of organization for new lines of production.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport your production and warehouse staff enable have a better company, without these indivduals Niagara would not be successful now. Don't play any cat and mouse games with your staff.

Great learning Experience with little future in long run

Ontario, CA (US)

I worked at Niagara Bottling full-time for more than a year

ProsPast paced culture .. great learning place and resume builder . You would be handling lot of responsibilities at early stage of career and scope for taking initiatives

ConsVery high turn over .. not long term career path .. need to know upper management very well for career advancement .. can be very stressful at time .. skewed work life balance

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop career path and take time to develop internal employees instead of outside hiring

Run away...don't look back.

I worked at Niagara Bottling full-time for less than a year

ProsGood, caring people on the production floor. State of the art equipment with the latest technology. Good place to get experience in the bottling business.

ConsYoung, inexperienced management. Management lacks ethics and professionalism. No work-life balance. Company experiencing severe growing pains. Very high employee turnover company wide. Constant danger of termination for errors. Benefits mediocre at best.

Advice to Senior ManagementRegain control of your company before growing more. Focus on correcting the root cause of employee turnover before losing this company completely. Employee error is a failure of management.

Worked for Niagara Bottling? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Niagara Bottling reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Niagara Bottling CEO Andy Peykoff II . All 30 reviews are posted anonymously by Niagara Bottling employees.