Niagara Bottling

Updated Jun 25, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Andy Peykoff II

There are good and bad aspects to working at Niagara.

QA Associate (Current Employee) Mooresville, NC (US)

ProsWhat I like about Niagara is that the company is always providing employees with small incentives, such as gift cards & dinners. They also try to foster a work family environment and enjoys creating friendly competition. The pay is not the worst but should be higher.

ConsSome challenges of working at Niagara is the inability to retain employees. They work the employees that are staying too much. The schedule is 2-2-3 12 hr shifts and too cover the lack there is mandatory overtime on days off. Many work 6-7 12 hr days. and if someone is late or calls in they are given points. These points do not roll off for a year.
    The other problem is the miscommunication of management. It seems they often do not know what they are doing one hour to the next.
    Warehouse system is constantly going down & tracking product is difficult

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to veterans of industry. Implement a different hiring practice and attendance policy. Investigate and determine causes of high employee turnover

It's an ok place.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsUnlimited hours
    OK benefits
    Cool coworkers
    You get a water sale twice a month.. just depends on the dates

ConsHorrible bosses

The biggest caveat.. your time card. They'll screw you out of your OT

Good company to work for when you're early in your career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat resume builder; there's opportunity to get involved with a lot of projects and often lead projects, even when you're still early in your career; Niagara is a fast growing company that definitely leads the industry in technology, so if you're in engineering or manufacturing, it's a great company to work for to get exposure to cutting edge technology; The company is providing a lot of training to their employees

ConsThe leadership is young, and often growing into their role; The company runs lean, so it's not uncommon to work longer hours to get the work done; Due to the fast growing nature, there isn't a lot of structure which can be good or bad, depending on your personality

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue focusing on leading the industry but focus more on training and have better incentives for managers to really lead their people

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

An Grueling Race for Undeserved Recognition

Engineer (Current Employee) Ontario, CA (US)

ProsThe company is growing, so there is always work to be done; job security they'll say. The competitive work environment will keep you on your toes.

ConsAll middle and upper-management is out for themselves in the corporate office and only concerned with moving up. Management often times does not know what they're doing. The executive level is very intelligent, but there seems to be a black hole in middle and upper management. Necessary information is unlikely to be funneled up to the executive level unless it can advance a middle/upper manager who will inevitably take all the credit.

There is a very fine line for work/life management. As soon as you get a company phone they will not hesitate to call you at any time for things that are not urgent.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood managers take ownership for their team's mistakes, and give credit to their team members for achievements. Niagara seems to do the opposite. If you made a mistake it's entirely your fault and you'll hear about it. If you've achieved something that shows off the team you better believe your manager will tkae sole credit for it.

High tech equipment, hard working hourly personnel and terrible management.

Management (Former Employee) Ontario, CA (US)

ProsPay is reasonable and technology employed is typically state of the art.

ConsPoor work/life balance, ridiculous schedules, biased, prejudiced and manipulative management who are willing to do anything to achieve their annual bonus; whether it's discriminating against hard working employees or cheating regulatory guidelines, it's all fair game. All childish games all the time. If you're into this kind behavior, you'll fit in well. If not, experience will be very frustrating.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow up and cease the unprofessional behavior!!!

Steer Clear!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Ontario, CA (US)

ProsA paycheck if you are really desperate but it really is a spy environment/company that only tries to find others to blame rather than owning up their own problems and bad decision-making.

ConsI have worked at this company for over a year and it was the worst move I ever made. Don’t be fooled be the ‘work hard, play hard, family-friendly’ culture BS – that only exists in the one-way street figment of their imagination…er, the spoiled brat cheapie Andy’s iron-fist rule. They low-ball on their offers, only get what they pay for, and not-so-secretly wish that the employees were as enchained and inexpensive as their fancy equipment and machinery. As others have said, steer clear unless you are eating sand and drinking air….unless you are OK with trading pay and benefits for free water.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house and flush Andy and his few cronies out - go public so there may at least be some level of transparency.

Fast growing company with great learning opportunity, but poor work life balance

Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) Ontario, CA (US)

ProsLots to learn, fast pace and fast growing company, great people to work with. Some department have flexible hours or work from home option

ConsPay is under market standard. Poor benefit package. Very poor work life balance. MBA degree is over rated in this company. Can't keep talented people for more than 2 years.

Get ready to hit the ground running.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Ontario, CA (US)

ProsThe office culture here is amazing and the people are as well. This is a fast paced company who look for the best. They look for active people who are ready to excel and advance in their careers. This is not the place for those who are content to just sit around at their desks all day. The opportunities are there for those who want them.

ConsThere's a lack of communication between upper management and their teams, but that's to be somewhat expected.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the time to sit down with your employees to discuss projects and career advancement.

It's sad when they don't train you right and work the people into the ground

Prosthere is nothing good about working here

ConsI'm training for a job and we work two days on two days off and they tell me to just sit and watch. How am I supposed to watch when I don't know what I'm looking at. They have 4 shifts when my shift is off the other shift is on 12 hours a day with 4 shifts they could easily work 3 - 8hour shifts plus add a weekend shift on too but they want to kill the people with 12 hours and they expect you to come in on your days off. If you work 8 hour shifts you would get more people to do the overtime plus you would get people to stay working there.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit killing your people and they wouldn't look for other jobs and quit they would stay with your company. Get supervisors that know what they're doing.

recommend this company to a friend

Post Doc (Current Employee) Ontario, CA (US)

ProsI like the challenges that we face and they way that they get fixed.

ConsThe is a parking space limit

Advice to Senior ManagementI would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for Niagara Bottling? Contribute to the Community!