Niagara Bottling Reviews

Updated 21 April 2015
65 reviews filtered by
3.1
Andy Peykoff II

Pros
  • This is a fast paced company who look for the best (in 7 reviews)

• Lots to learn, fast pace and fast growing company, great people to work with (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • No work/life balance whatsoever (in 9 reviews)

• Good resume builder but no future here if you don't know anyone in upper management (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Work Hard / Play Hard Culture, Challenging But Rewarding

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA (US)

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Niagara is a fast paced company that moves quickly and is growing at a rapid pace (30+% a year for the past decade.) There are lots of opportunities for internal promotions and professional development. Managers expect a lot out of their employees. The company is 100% family owned and the owners are still involved in the business and there is a family culture, even though the business has grown dramatically. There are lots of training opportunities and rotational programs for employee development.

Cons

- The corporate office is crowded, with parking becoming a big problem.
    - Benefits could be better
    - The culture is not for everyone. People coming from larger companies tend to have a hard time adapting to the pace.
    - Many departments are under staffed leading to resource constraints

Mar 30, 2015

Really fair assessment. Thanks for taking the time to share your perspective and while growth is excellent, it does come with some growing pains, as exampled by some of your cons.

2. Plant Operations Supervisor

Current Employee - Plant Operations Supervisor in Ontario, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Plant Operations Supervisor in Ontario, CA (US)

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The family culture facilitated by the owners is present throughout the company. Employees are appreciated and there is not a focus on making shareholders happy, rather the focus is on doing what is best for the organization and it's people. The culture and hiearchy is very flat, high level leaders are accessible and approachable, promoting self-intiaitive and idea-sharing.

Cons

Most of the issues are related to the speed and pace of growth in recent years. Parking can be difficult, corproate office space is at a premium with not enough rooms for all teams to be in the same building. The challenge will be for the company to maintain the family-oriented culture while becoming much larger and spread out in the coming years.

3. I will never leave this company!

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Family atmosphere, great teamwork, opportunities for advancement, lots of transfers to other departments and it's encouraged that you learn as much as you can about the company. I feel appreciated and rewarded on a daily basis.

Cons

Sometimes our "low cost leader" perspective can trump quality and there are some people who are completely not equipped to be in the jobs they are in.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, grow with a quality focus.

5. Compliance Administrative Associate

Current Employee - Compliance Administrative Associate in Ontario, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Compliance Administrative Associate in Ontario, CA (US)

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall great place to work, friendly people and growing company. You gain a lot of knowledge from this company because it has so many departments. Niagara has great benefits for 401K, Dental, health, long term dis. and vision. They also offer side benefits like health GAP and a pet health discount card.

Cons

Long hours during the busy season and no employee college reimbursement program.

Advice to Management

Better training plan for new hires, when I was hired I needed more training that I had to ask for. It was taken care of but I think it shouldn't need to be requested.

6. Fast paced, educational, environmentally friendly, family friendly and rewarding.

Current Intern - Technical Engineering Manager in Ontario, CA (US)
    Current Intern - Technical Engineering Manager in Ontario, CA (US)

I have been working at Niagara Bottling as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Niagara provides the needed support to help you succeed in whatever role you decide to take-on through management coaching or Niagara U to name a few. The company also invest heavily in reducing its environmental footprint where it matters most and will have the biggest impact, in this case the container and its packaging. The managers also take special care to balance work and family life as this has been my experience for the past 11 months. Although I have had some bad experiences, the number of good rewarding experiences after having completed my objectives far outweighs the negative. In short, Niagara is good company with much to offer for those who can act on it.

Cons

Although Niagara does a good job of reducing its environmental footprint by light-weighting and reducing packaging it does not do well of educating the public on how it can help or be part of the recycling effort. We should make them feel, the customer, as part of our team so our product remains solid going into the future.

7. Employee

I have been working at Niagara Bottling

Pros

Awesome place to work for

Cons

None to comment on now

Advice to Management

None

8. Great place to work

I have been working at Niagara Bottling

Pros

Plenty of opportunities and good pay.

Cons

Could use some more communication.

Advice to Management

None

Apr 16, 2015

Thanks for taking time out to post. As we strive to keep all our communications timely and frequent, we are looking at ways to improve. Feedback like yours reinforce or decision to keep ... More

9. Very fast paced company, everyday brings on new challenges.

Current Employee - Shift Mechanic
    Current Employee - Shift Mechanic

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you like to work this is the place for you, overtime is endless if wanted. The equipment is being upgraded and well maintained. Lots of new technology to learn and process are constantly changing. They reward the employees for safety which is a nice bonus.

Cons

Most of the overtime is well received, but sometimes it can be too much. Promises for training tend to drag out and work life balance is non existent.

Advice to Management

Don't tell employee's of intent until it is a for sure deal. Try to keep an even headed attitude so employee's know what to expect on a daily basis.

Apr 16, 2015

Thank you for your feedback. Comments like yours show us opportunities where we can definitely ensure we are getting the information into our team members hands at the right time.

10. Production Supervisor

I have been working at Niagara Bottling

Pros

Great Pro Active Company, Great work invironment

Cons

New employee starting out working off shifts

This is a horrible place to work. The machine they have are garbage they are always going down they never stay running.

Former Employee - Production Operator in Gahanna, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Production Operator in Gahanna, OH (US)

I worked at Niagara Bottling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Only good thing about working there is the experience you will get in manufacturing to move on to something better.

Cons

There is no training in place for new people coming in. They just have someone train you for a day or two them leave you by yourself. It's amazing this place is still up in running.

Advice to Management

Horrible management they don't care about they employees.

Apr 08, 2015

While we can certainly appreciate not being a good fit for every person. We do have a very empowered culture that encourages team members to seek out some information. It is fast paced, there is ... More