Nissan

www.nissan-global.com

Nissan Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014
Nissan – Japan – “Nissan Global Head Office”

Nissan Co-Chairman, President, CEO, Representative Board Member, and Member of the Executive Committee Carlos Ghosn

Carlos Ghosn

Pros
  • Work environment relatively clean and friendly(in 3 reviews)

• You can use the cars for weekends if you ask for one(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Crazy working hours: sometimes meetings at 9 PM(in 6 reviews)

• Work life balance is completely missing(in 3 reviews)

It has gone terribly down hill... Quality and caring about employees are no longer the concern.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Smyrna, TN (US)

ProsLeased vehicles. That's it at this point.

ConsThe best days as a place employees enjoy and are proud to work at are long gone.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's all about saving a dime at the expense of quality and the employees. Unqualified people are promoted through the "good ol boy network." I used to love working here about 10-15 years ago. Management cared about employees then and actual knew what they were doing. The new style of management here are arrogant and pompous and unqualified.

Engineer, develop and test vehicle components

Engineer (Current Employee) Detroit, MI (US)

ProsLocation is in a good area of greater Detroit area. Non union manufacturing

ConsNo carrer opportunities. One engineer is asked to do the job of 2-3 people. Long working hours. Defined pension plan was cancelled and bonuses reduced. Big disconnect between what the upper managment wants and what the company can deliver.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate career opportunities for everybody in the company

My experience at Nissan has been overall rewarding. I have learned much about the manufacturing industry in my position.

Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee) Smyrna, TN (US)

ProsGreat benefits and time off are offered, as well as insurance (health, dental, vision), life insurance, 401k, etc. Work environment relatively clean and friendly.

ConsPromotion selection could use some work. I am by nature a fast grower/learner, and have felt stagnant in my job for quite some time. Opportunities seem to be given to others in a loose "good-ol-boy" system to people who are sorely underqualified for their positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive people a chance to prove themselves. Subject lower level management and line leads frequent anonymous employee surveys.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Rejection for post of data analysis

Data Analyst (Former Employee) Paris (France)

ProsThe HR kept me waiting for 25 days to answer that due to internal restructuring the internship has been cancelled

ConsDid not even get an interview

Advice to Senior ManagementI did not even apply for the jib my CV was in your data base and they approached me for it

great company to work for...

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Irving, TX (US)

Prosexcellent benefits...401K, pension, profit sharing.

Conslow to mid range salary...difficult to move upward into management (due to average employee tenure of 10 - 15 years)

Parts development engineer

Engineer (Current Employee) Atsugi (Japan)

ProsRespectful for leadership of CEO.

ConsMany information are also shared by English, but it is sometimes not enough for non-Japanese.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not focus on EV too much.

Nissan

Finance Manager (Current Employee) Geneva (Switzerland)

Prosvery dynamic and solid company

Consno HR support, you need to create you opportunities

Gerente

Manager (Former Employee) Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)

Prosleading global company with excellent portfolio of automotive products, where innovation and technology are the key to success

ConsOne distributor of the brand in Colombia both for sale and in aftersales, which means there are no competition and improvement efforts are minimal

Advice to Senior Managementimprove pricing policy and raise standards in sales and after sales service. Focus more on customers and less on products

One big lie. Co-Workers were great but the Management was terrible

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe atmosphere between the sales team was the best part about being a car salesman.

ConsThey paint a pretty picture but its all a lie.

Advice to Senior ManagementHonesty will get you to the top faster.

company profile

Design Engineer (Current Employee) Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Prosgood company to work with good oppurtunities to visit global suppliers

Consno cons as far as i experienced

Worked for Nissan? Contribute to the Community!