Nissan Reviews

Updated 11 August 2014
Updated 11 August 2014

3.5

Nissan Co-Chairman, President, CEO, Representative Board Member, and Member of the Executive Committee Carlos Ghosn
Carlos Ghosn

Pros
  • Work environment relatively clean and friendly (in 3 reviews)

• You can use the cars for weekends if you ask for one (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Crazy working hours: sometimes meetings at 9 PM (in 6 reviews)

• Work life balance is completely missing (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Work life balance is missing

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chennai (India)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

I worked at Nissan full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good amount of learning, its a growing company especially with new launches, the company seems to heading to further growth.

Cons

Lacks vision, management is short sighted, don't seem to be looking at the big picture. Too much process driven sometimes defying logic. Work life balance is completely missing.

A happy employee makes a happy company and leads to delightful customers. Ensuring employees are happy, their families are happy and have a good work life balance. Aim for your employees waking up on a Monday morning and looking forward to go to office.

Analyst

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Analyst in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Nissan full-time

Pros

Good place to get experience

Cons

Contact terms, low employee morale, too many politics

Can Learn many function, boost your career but high level of office politics

Former Employee - HUMAN RESOURCE EXECUTIVE  in  Ino, Kochi (Japan)
    Former Employee - HUMAN RESOURCE EXECUTIVE in Ino, Kochi (Japan)

I worked at Nissan full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good brand image and quality

Cons

Maybe in Kerala,all the dealership rewarded employees badly as in remuneration

An uniform salary package all across the world, considering cost of living iin present economy.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

An excellent progressive company

Current Employee - Supervisor  in  Sunderland, North East England, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Sunderland, North East England, England (UK)

I have been working at Nissan full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Opportunities and support. well rewrded

Cons

demanding and at times difficult to satisfy

be more aware of long serving employees capabilities

Crippling hierarchy, disorganized, unprofessional, lots of office gossip & politics

Former Employee - European Coordinator  in  Paris (France)
    Former Employee - European Coordinator in Paris (France)

I worked at Nissan as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

In Nissan Europe, working in Marketing Communications team:
    - Big company, looks good on CV
    - Lots of media/advertising budget so you get to do some crazy cool stunts
    - Opportunity for travel
    - Good salary
    - If you are a serial office politician this is the place for you
    - Some very good HUMAN work colleagues

Cons

In Nissan Europe, working in Marketing Communications team:
    - Tons of office politics, gossip and just plain nastiness
    - People rotate their positions a lot, so many people have NO idea of what they are doing
    - In Marketing Communications, people never heard of the basics such as KPIs and objectives
    - Crippling hierarchy: everything you do needs to be approved by senior management (sometimes even the CEO)
    - Random people get promotions & raises, usually the office buddies and those cozy with management
    - Crazy working hours: sometimes meetings at 9 PM! Management complains if you want to leave and get on with your life. If you have kids these meetings will just go on without you

1) Please realize people have lives outside work. 2) Please judge your colleagues by their WORK and not by gossip/comments from other people

Learn a lot, develop practical skills, but watch out for office politics.

Former Employee - Placement Engineer  in  Sunderland, North East England, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Placement Engineer in Sunderland, North East England, England (UK)

I worked at Nissan as an intern for less than a year

Pros

If you get in the right team, it's really rewarding - you can learn a lot from some very intelligent, experienced engineers. Development of practical skills is also emphasised which is something I enjoyed.

Cons

Often quite fractious relations between different teams, and between the engineering and production staff. Unrealistic SM targets also an issue - being compared to a brand new factory is not something you want to hear.

Communication between engineering teams needs to be improved. Comparing a brand new factory to one that is being constantly updated is not helpful.

Great company, and product

Current Employee - Car Salesman
    Current Employee - Car Salesman

I have been working at Nissan full-time for less than a year

Pros

A great learning environment, with great opportunity for who ever wants to work hard.

Cons

Not for the person who is not willing to put everything into this job.

It would be preferable to any employee working the sales floor to never have to work a 9am to 9pm shift when there is a family to get to.

Car sales can be good

I have been working at Nissan

Pros

It is a great way to make a living and get to meet new people all the time. The money can be great if you are willing to work for it. It is a fun and interesting way to make a living if you enjoy talking with strangers and getting to know them.

Cons

The hours will suck, and the customers do not always care if it is not a good time for you. So you wind up eating some crap from them unless you want to give up part of your commission and have someone else help them if you are off. Sometimes the people you work with are not the best but that is everywhere.

Great product, but could use some improvement.

Former Employee - Sales Consultant  in  Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I worked at Nissan full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I sold Nissans for 3 years, but I’ve been a fan of Nissan since I was child. My parents and I have been driving Nissan for 25 years we want to continue that legacy. Nissan offers an excellent product line up with innovating ideas which makes Nissan one of the leaders in foreign auto market. I believe in the product and drive what I sell.
    It’s easy to get Nissan certified and the NNAnet.com site offers a lot of product knowledge for the sales consultant to accumulate to help become a better sales consultant.
    Nissan offers a program to sales consultants during the football season called Sunday Night Rewards which sales consultant depending on which cars they sell during that week and pick the correct football team can accumulate points to which they can cash in for nice things such as Jewelry, gift cards, electronics, apparel, and the list goes on. Unfortunately, this is one of the only rewards/spiffs/spins that Nissan offers other than selling a Nissan Leaf and they discontinued it.

Cons

It’s hard to make money by selling new Nissans on top of your regular dealer pay. Nissan customers just like more foreign car buyers are educated buyers and pretty much know what they want and how much they are going to pay before they enter in the dealership. Nissan has an award of excellence program called Owner First which pays sales consultants based on selling minimum of 6 cars each month, meet NSSI survey minimum of 6, and having a 3 month rolling average score of 933. It’s hard to meet these requirements each month and just recently Nissan raised the requirements yet again to selling a minimum of 8 cars and having a rolling average score of 938.
    Nissan doesn’t start paying the sales consultants until they met their requirements above. Some manufactures will pay their sales consultants extra money on top of their regular dealer pay without having a minimal numbers of cars sold like Kia Hyundai and GM.

The Nissan survey is by far one of the biggest jokes. We cannot coach on the survey but every other manufacture allows it. If you are caught coaching on the survey and the customer indicates it on the survey, Nissan throws a fit at that particular dealership. Why should the sales consultant be penalized on the survey for what happens in finance, variety of inventory, appearance of facility, when it’s something that I have no control over? This is I think one of the main reasons why you do not see that many Nissan sales consultants staying with Nissan for a long period of time. It was one of the reasons why I left. A couple of weeks after I left Nissan, I received a survey in my email about my experience working with Nissan. I did take the time to fill out it and how I think Nissan could improve and keep their sales consultants happy. But I see after that they raised the bar yet again and never took my suggestions.

Re-work the Nissan Survey to where the sales consultant cannot get deducted for questions that the sales consultant has no control over. Listen to your sales consultants and managers at the dealerships when you stop in. We will tell you how we feel and how to fix the problems.Offer spins and pay your sales consultants a little money per car not a minimal requirement. If Nissan paid their sales consultants better, I guarantee more sales consultants would stay with Nissan including me.

Experience at Nissan

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rolle (Switzerland)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rolle (Switzerland)

I have been working at Nissan full-time for more than a year

Pros

Dynamic Company
    Flexible in the work: they have the ability to react fast to changing environment
    Employees can rotate between different departments easily. Change of job every 2 to 3 years

Cons

Flexibility is also given by the work on Excel more than real database management. It means a lot of work duplication
    Demanding company without adequate compensation

Worked for Nissan? Contribute to the Community!