Nitro

Nitro Reviews

Updated Jun 28, 2014

Nitro CEO Sam Chandler

Sam Chandler

All companies need to take a lead from Nitro

Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee)

ProsNitro is unlike any other. It challenges itself constantly...mediocrity is not an option. As a disruptor and a challenger brand, Nitro aims for the stars and empowers its employees to reach even higher.

The organisation trusts its employees to deliver on its objectives and gives those individuals and groups all the support and tools needed not only to achieve those, but go beyond that.

Sure the perks are great, but what Nitro delivers in terms of job satisfaction is more important than a few nice lunches a week, an endless supply of alcohol and gym subsidies.

I have been around a while and I have always measured the effectiveness of an organisation, to be how people walk into work everyday. At Nitro people walk into work in with a smile and it stays there all day.

Nitronauts are a proud bunch...so they should be, we are building something really special here!

ConsYou have to search far and wide to find negatives around here.

The opportunity of a lifetime

Test Automation Engineer (Former Employee) Melbourne

ProsExceptional workplace culture. They really do make you feel like a member of the team, like you are part of the family - I know this sounds clichéd, but it really is that good. Lots of employee perks (24/7 beer fridge, breakfast / lunch provided, discount gym memberships, etc.).

Your work is always highly valued, your opinions always matter. Reasonably flat heirachy. Lots of freedom in roles (within reason) and opportunity for career growth.

ConsNot as many annual reviews as I would have preferred, some disconnects between different departments (due to time-zone differences and locations) lead to a bit of isolation at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't lose the Nitronaut spirit!

Nitro Rocks!

Operations Manager/APAC Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) Melbourne

ProsI love our Melbourne team! Nitro has to be one of the best companies I've ever worked at! We are spoilt with perks including fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches, Friday beers, out of office lunches and awesome team events like Graffiti Workshops and Mini Cooper Challenges.

ConsWorking across different time zones can be challenging at times.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome place to work, I love it

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Melbourne

ProsGreat social atmosphere and camaraderie amongst all staff.

ConsHaving a small team spread over three continents mean delays in getting questions answered by the right people.

Awesome place, awesome people, awesome vibe.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Melbourne

ProsLaid back, nice company. Great people to work with.

ConsFrantic at times, under resourced.

No place to work.

ProsThey spend money to get you drunk often.

ConsNo clue what they are doing and leaders are not experienced enough to be in their positions.

Work with a great crew of positive people on cool projects.

ProsGreat pay and benefits. Growth.

ConsChaotic at times within projects.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep building us!

Interview process for Enterprise AE Role

Account Executive (Current Employee) Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

ProsProcess was very straightforward and I was kept up to date about what was happening and next steps in the process at all times. Everyone who I dealt with was an ambassador for the company and the energy and positivity was most certainly a reason for my accepting the offer

ConsNone as such however it was quite a long process although reassuringly so. Really looking forward to getting started in Nitro!

More excited about coming to work every single day

Co-Founder (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsI am a long time employee of Nitro. Yesterday I was reminded of how far we have come when we presented our annual Sean Stewart Values Award and we had over 130 Nitronauts to consider when voting.

I thought it appropriate to share part of what this award means to the team at Nitro. Here is an excerpt from a note our CEO sends to the team each year to announce that voting is open:

============

Sean was a great Nitronaut and a great friend to many of us. He was one of the very first members of the original team. He initially worked in support and product management, and who subsequently went on to establish our direct and channel Enterprise business in Europe. When he passed away in March 2010 in London he was the highest-performing sales executive at Nitro, and the most amazing ambassador for our culture that you could find. Even though he had long established himself as a sales guy, he continued to help out with support, QA, and anything he felt he could contribute to. He was always a pleasure to deal with, probably the nicest person you ever met, super hard working, passionate about Nitro, knew the product inside and out, and had the results on the board to prove how talented he was. He was also the master of well-timed, but completely inappropriate jokes

Aside from his contribution at Nitro, Sean was a truly inspiring human being, who was the founder of and bass player for HTRK. As an artist, he was one of the best. HTRK supported the Yeah Yeah Yeahs and The Horrors on their European tours and had record deals in Berlin and London. Sean was a genuine rockstar – so when we talk about “rockstars” at Nitro, we really mean it…

When Sean passed away, we wanted to find a way to remember him properly. The result was the Sean Stewart Values Award. Four years on, it is a really big deal to those of us who knew him, and to his family, with whom we stay in touch. We send photos of the awards ceremony to his mother, father and sister each year.

============

Just like any start-up we've faced hurdles and had to work our way through them.

Nitro has grown more rapidly in the last year than any previous year. While it is easy to read about culture and plan to build something unique, it is never that easy. Right now though, I feel like we have just discovered the secret sauce!

We are now at a point where we are adding smarter and better people every day, increasing our production capacity and having more and more fun while doing it.

Sean will always be a part of who we are.

ConsThe only thing I have been wary of recently is having our cultural mix change with new additions. Somehow though, each new person is adding to the culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep trying to spread the load and honoring what the team, past and present, has built.

Nitro talent ambassador responded to this review

May 02, 2014

Thanks so much, appreciate you taking the time to write this review. Loving having you here at Nitro!

Nitro - Setting new benchmarks everywhere

ProsNitro is, quite simply, like no other. From the very first moment of the interview process you are introduced to the unique and colourful company spirit. Work hard, play hard. If you believe in what you do and you are looking for an opportunity to grow and advance, then this is the place for you.

ConsThat's a good question... I don't have one.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the magic!

Worked for Nitro? Contribute to the Community!